• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 AR230 HO hatch parts

Gswenson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping for some help. Purchased a 2007 AR 230 and the rear hatch cover has some cracks and some soft spots. Hopping to be able to replace it but haven’t been able to find any place that still offers the part. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would take the hatch cover to a fiberglass repair shop and see if they can fix it, might be cheaper than buying new (assuming you can find a new one).

Gswenson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestion. I found a used one asking $400 shipped. Any idea what the shop might charge to fix it?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestion. I found a used one asking $400 shipped. Any idea what the shop might charge to fix it?
Without any pictures of the damage or which hatch you are talking about, its difficult to estimate. You state "rear hatch", is it the fuel tank hatch in the cockpit or the cleanout port hatch on the swim platform? One is balsa cored and it will make a difference in the cost to repair.

Last edited:

Gswenson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the fuel tank hatch. I was actually able to purchase a good used one for $350 but now I don’t know where to purchase the bit to remove the square screws they used. Any idea where I can purchase one?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s the fuel tank hatch. I was actually able to purchase a good used one for $350 but now I don’t know where to purchase the bit to remove the square screws they used. Any idea where I can purchase one?
It is a #4 Robertson square bit, $2 on line. I bought a 4 pack. Those hatch bolts come out hard if they have not been out before. The factory puts sealant on the threads. I set the bit in the bolt head with taps of a hammer and then unscrew the bolt using the same motion you use cutting threads with a tap or die while removing. I did it here and you will see others' experiences too https://jetboaters.net/threads/fuel-tank-deck-cover.2888/page-2#post-281518
Just be careful they break off easily, then you will need to resort to other methods of removal.

Last edited:

Gswenson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the help. I will give it a go and hope for the best.