• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 Speedster 200 (430hp) - Introduction

Carolina

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
IMG_9750.jpegIMG_9746.jpegIMG_9747.jpeg

Good evening,

I picked up my 07 200 Speedster this winter from a friend of mine. The boat has 70 hours on it but needed a little love. Over the winter, I repaired the interior and put down some Blacktip flooring. I did a complete paint restoration on the outside and added an AvalonKing ceramic coat that should last the year down at the Albermarle Sound in Edenton, NC. Even though the low hours, I performed an oil and filter change, plugs and a new AGM Marine battery. I will have to get some better pictures once I can get the boat in the water.

During my winterization, I started it up and ran it on the hose but I guess it did not get enough circulation and threw a check engine light and beeps. I shut it down so as not to damage anything but the CEL has remained. Do I need to get the software to be able to clear the code or will the code clear itself once I put it in the water and start circulating the water around it. I have read on here about people that threw codes because of a low battery or low fuel that eventually cleared themselves. Looking forward to contributing to the forum with pictures and product reviews.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
View attachment 200537View attachment 200538View attachment 200539

Good evening,

I picked up my 07 200 Speedster this winter from a friend of mine. The boat has 70 hours on it but needed a little love. Over the winter, I repaired the interior and put down some Blacktip flooring. I did a complete paint restoration on the outside and added an AvalonKing ceramic coat that should last the year down at the Albermarle Sound in Edenton, NC. Even though the low hours, I performed an oil and filter change, plugs and a new AGM Marine battery. I will have to get some better pictures once I can get the boat in the water.

During my winterization, I started it up and ran it on the hose but I guess it did not get enough circulation and threw a check engine light and beeps. I shut it down so as not to damage anything but the CEL has remained. Do I need to get the software to be able to clear the code or will the code clear itself once I put it in the water and start circulating the water around it. I have read on here about people that threw codes because of a low battery or low fuel that eventually cleared themselves. Looking forward to contributing to the forum with pictures and product reviews.
I just picked up a very similar boat (mine is a 2004) ... I'm interested to hear what happened with your check engine light / code. Can you give an update about that and anything else you experienced this summer.

Carolina

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Henry,

I transported the boat down to Elizabeth City for service in May of this year To service a p1655 DESS line shorted to 12v code On the starboard motor. After a few weeks of going through wiring and troubleshooting, the fault was determined to be the ECU and it was replaced. Two new keys were programmed and I brought the boat back to Edenton and put it in the water. It went great for about thirty minutes before it threw an oil light code and sent the port motor into limp mode. I ordered two new oil pressure sensors and replaced the one on the port side and kept the other as a spare.

We have been enjoying the boat since the middle of July. In flat water (which is rare on such a large portion of the sound), it will run 65-70mph and will comfortably pull my kids and wife on our super mable tube at 30-35mph. I ran one tank of fuel out of it and am halfway through another. I have attached a few photos from the summer. I hope yours behaves itself but I would definitely go through it if it has been a while since it was in use or in the water.

Attachments

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hey there, thanks for the update. My goodness, those are absolutely stunning boats... it has always been my favourite since they came out. So far, I have been very lucky no real issues, a couple of hydraulic lifters for the rear deck pads, one of the hinges on the driver wind screen, a leaking cable lock on one of the weed free cables... otherwise, no mechanical issues thus far. I have seen 62mph on the speedo, but I know those are optimistic at best... I'm running the 310HP (2x 155HP)... on the GPS, I'm getting about 55-56.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I see that you are using the grab handle on the rear deck engine cover for pulling tubers... is that going to be strong enough? I was going to use the 2 D-ring eyelets on the back of the transom for pulling tubers? Only use the ski-pylon for water skiing... tubers will bend it. Let me know your experience using that grab handle. Thx

Carolina

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I addressed a few of the smaller latches and other things last winter. The boat sat for a couple years so I am just getting the cobwebs out. I haven;t had any issues using the grab handle on the rear deck for tubers. The most I have pulled was my wife and two small kids though so I’m not sure how it would do with three grown adults. The d rings are what is recommended in the manual but with them being off-center, I’m not sure if it would cause the tube to behave erratically in the water or if it would present an issue.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a 2007 Speedster for years (until 2022 to be exact)! You are right though if its not like glass out it gets a little rough. I did put trim tabs on mine and it helped a lot. I pulled tubes, banana boats your name it all from the ski pole all the time and never had any issues with bending the pole, I did keep the pole in the down position when pulling tubes however. I did eventually get some spider cracks in the gel coat around the pole the last year or so that I had it, but nothing bad and nothing in the fiber glass it was still sound.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I had a 2007 Speedster for years (until 2022 to be exact)! You are right though if its not like glass out it gets a little rough. I did put trim tabs on mine and it helped a lot. I pulled tubes, banana boats your name it all from the ski pole all the time and never had any issues with bending the pole, I did keep the pole in the down position when pulling tubes however. I did eventually get some spider cracks in the gel coat around the pole the last year or so that I had it, but nothing bad and nothing in the fiber glass it was still sound.
Thanks for the response, very interesting about the ski pylon working so well for you, that is great news. I am also thinking about "Trim Tabs", which ones did you use and are they still available... where did you get yours?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with Lenco, I don't have very good pics anymore but they are very tight to install. Was told they wouldn't fit but they did! Installed controller below throttles.
IMG_1019.jpgIMG_1365.jpg

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Henry,

I transported the boat down to Elizabeth City for service in May of this year To service a p1655 DESS line shorted to 12v code On the starboard motor. After a few weeks of going through wiring and troubleshooting, the fault was determined to be the ECU and it was replaced. Two new keys were programmed and I brought the boat back to Edenton and put it in the water. It went great for about thirty minutes before it threw an oil light code and sent the port motor into limp mode. I ordered two new oil pressure sensors and replaced the one on the port side and kept the other as a spare.

We have been enjoying the boat since the middle of July. In flat water (which is rare on such a large portion of the sound), it will run 65-70mph and will comfortably pull my kids and wife on our super mable tube at 30-35mph. I ran one tank of fuel out of it and am halfway through another. I have attached a few photos from the summer. I hope yours behaves itself but I would definitely go through it if it has been a while since it was in use or in the water.
Also I was wondering where did you get that rear view mirror… looks awesome. Let me know.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also I was wondering where did you get that rear view mirror… looks awesome. Let me know.

If I had to guess, that's what it looks like to me. I was looking for one recently, and that Big Air was what I was going to go with, until I found my Monster mirror. The Monster looks like it'll work right out of the box for your setup, but I had to add a few things with my reverse tower. You seem to have a better setup for this style

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Thank you for the links, yes either of those mirrors look like the ticket. Both mirrors appear to be available in Canada. The Big Air has one articulating joint in the arm, but I think both will work great.
Regarding installation, there must be a way to remove the long rail that is mounted on the boat to allow these mirrors to slide onto one end?
Another question is how does the mirror work with the OEM snap-on cover?

Carolina

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
The Big Air is correct. It installed around the tube via two allen screws so no need to slide if over. Use the rubber pieces to go in between for a snug fit and to reduce vibration. I still have the wake tower but I removed it so it would fit under my pole barn and my kids are small enough that we won’t be wake boarding anytime soon.

I just work the mirror around the velcro opening with my cover. Not sure how the OEM is set up but mine is a transport cover that uses straps around the trailer. I’ll try and snag some pictures next time I have it on the trailer and covered up.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regarding installation, there must be a way to remove the long rail that is mounted on the boat to allow these mirrors to slide onto one end?
@Carolina's info is the same for the Monster. 2 bolts, multiple spacers to fit a variety of towers, and you just put each half of the mounting ring around the tower tube with the right spacer, then tighten down both bolts.