• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 232 Limited S Buying Advice!!

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sadly i am thinking the same thing. :(
Here is my interior, 2008 always covered when not in use...I think you need to question whatever the vendor has to say,

Attachments

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my interior, 2008 always covered when not in use...I think you need to question whatever the vendor has to say,
WOW that looks new! what do you use on it to clean it and keep in such good shape besides keeping it covered?

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
WOW that looks new! what do you use on it to clean it and keep in such good shape besides keeping it covered?
Vinyl Sauce by Boat Bling, a quick spray and wipe down with a wet cloth removes all the sun tan lotion white residue and keeps them conditioned.
I purchased the boat in 2017 and the interior was in great condition but it was filthy but it was stored with the cover on a lift with an awning, also was stored indoor in the winter months inside the vendors warehouse. It had only 65 hours on her, virtually stayed on the lift most of it's life. I paid $25K CAD as I am located in Montreal, Quebec, CanadaIMG_0124.jpg

Last edited:

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Vinyl Sauce by Boat Bling, a quick spray and wipe down with a wet cloth removes all the sun tan lotion white residue and keeps them conditioned.
Awesome! Thank you! Is that better then 303?

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome! Thank you! Is that better then 303?
When I acquired the boat I originally cleaned the vinyl with Star Brite concentrated Vinyl cleaner & Shampoo. The carpet was black so I soaked it with Amour All OXI MAGIC Carpet and upholstery Cleaner scrubbed it with a brush and power washed it to a like new condition.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There was a 232 limited for sale in my area...I bought 3 years ago. They were not willing to move in price and did not respond much....I went by the lot today and the boat is STILL THERE..Cover is now busted and the sun is hitting it hard. 3 years later. It's hard to understand how everyone's mind works, but some people behave different than others... (Hello, 3 years of paying for storage...gotta sell that boat!)

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was a 232 limited for sale in my area...I bought 3 years ago. They were not willing to move in price and did not respond much....I went by the lot today and the boat is STILL THERE..Cover is now busted and the sun is hitting it hard. 3 years later. It's hard to understand how everyone's mind works, but some people behave different than others... (Hello, 3 years of paying for storage...gotta sell that boat!)
gezzz...that is insane! My guy has gone radio silent.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
gezzz...that is insane! My guy has gone radio silent.
Good. He can think about your offer. High teens is a good offer for that condition. You’re in the drivers seat! One of my pals fell into a deal on a ‘07 sx210 with 40 hrs on it in pristine shape and did it on his budget. Hang tough and keep doing your homework!

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good. He can think about your offer. High teens is a good offer for that condition. You’re in the drivers seat! One of my pals fell into a deal on a ‘07 sx210 with 40 hrs on it in pristine shape and did it on his budget. Hang tough and keep doing your homework!
You are very right. Thanks!!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’ve never used Boat Bling but it is highly recommended on the forum. I think I may have found a subscribe and save deal on Amazon for 303 and gotten it a little cheaper than normal. It works great so I have no reason to change. I think Boat Bling was more expensive so that’s probably why I didn’t buy that one.

I will say that I use the stuff like I have stock in it so there is that. I figure it’s a lot cheaper than a new interior in addition to getting to enjoy the nice upholstery at the same time.

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve never used Boat Bling but it is highly recommended on the forum. I think I may have found a subscribe and save deal on Amazon for 303 and gotten it a little cheaper than normal. It works great so I have no reason to change. I think Boat Bling was more expensive so that’s probably why I didn’t buy that one.

I will say that I use the stuff like I have stock in it so there is that. I figure it’s a lot cheaper than a new interior in addition to getting to enjoy the nice upholstery at the same time.
Yeah..a buddy of mine swore by 303 on his boat! Thanks for the info! Now all I need is a boat LOL!

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’ll make you a deal @SMAR. You buy the boat and then I’ll buy that tower 😉!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My guy has gone radio silent.
Probably good! 2009 242LS were about the best Yamaha boats if properly maintained but that one just sounded like a really bad deal. Way too many things not adding up.

EDIT: oops, I meant 232.

--

Last edited:

SMAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably good! 2009 242LS were about the best Yamaha boats if properly maintained but that one just sounded like a really bad deal. Way too many things not adding up.

--
Are you referring to the 09 232's? Didn't they make 242's in 10? How are the 242's compared to the 232's? We have started to look at those also.