• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 parts discontinued

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A little frustrated with my Yamaha for the first time today. 2012 Limited has been awesome from the day that I bought it new. Over the course of time passengers have grabbed the part of the helm in front of the passenger seat thinking it is a grab handle, which it is not. (might be due to driver aggressiveness) This is the plastic piece that has the cup holders built into it. Over the course of time this piece has been pulled off multiple times, I have been repairing as I went but now I went in to order a new one but it turns out that Yamaha has discontinued this part and it is not longer available. This is a 2012 and parts are discontinued already?, Especially for such a distinct obvious part of the helm that was made to cheap from the beginning? I love this boat, it has been great, but now I am a little worried about parts availability as the boat gets older. I have a 1978 Chevy that I can order OEM parts or after market parts for virtually any item on the car, but this 2012 has already seen unavailability?. A little frustrated and venting right now. Has anyone come up with a repair for this piece that looks good?

Thats funny you say that because I had to replace mine after the few years as well. Thats the one part I can see needing to replace frequently. I just made a new rule after I replaced it that no one touches it! ;)

Can you post a pic of the part?

You mean the "helm drink holder assembly" (Yamaha F2D-U565A-20-00 - Holder, Drink Lh : Yamaha Sports Plaza)
ACK! (Listed as "not available"!)
That's the one piece I am *certain* someone is going to rip off one of these days. (My mother in law and I have had words about it not being a grab bar...)
Why the hell would that one part be discontinued?? Ridiculous.

Yes that is the one, no longer available. 15563348226131882518942388930916.jpg

I always had plans to put a real Grab Bar below it to keep them from grabbing onto this, but I never did.

Last edited:
I find it unbelievable and unacceptable that such a part would be completely not available after just seven years.

There is a possibility that the part has been revised due to “issues” and therefore superseded by a new part number, at least that is what happens in the world of Mercedes parts, which share a somewhat similar part number nomenclature with Yamaha.

In any case, revised part numbers do not usually show up on parts diagrams.

I can only assume Yamaha parts dealers would be able to cross reference revised part numbers as in the 1.8 timing chain situation.

The parts department at River Valley looked into it and was told by the Yamaha rep that it is discontinued with no alternative part or solution.

I have a small plastic fab shop place by me that does all custom work stuff. I will give them a call today and see if i got an a cracked original if they could make a new beefier version.
It would require someone to send me it and a few pictures of how it mounts. Like, i need to see fastener holes, oem fasteners,etc.

Its possible the original mfg went out of business or similar, obviously Yamaha does not make the part themselves. Maybe even THEY cannot get it anymore. Possibly not an actual Yamaha issue. Just one possible explanation.

I called the place i think could help but closed until monday.
Are those cupholders part of the mold?
Would stainless cupholders from amazon work?
Is the "not a handle" pocket useful for anything?

I called the place i think could help but closed until monday.
Are those cupholders part of the mold?
Would stainless cupholders from amazon work?
Is the "not a handle" pocket useful for anything?
It is a plastic mold covered by vinyl material. The mounting is just screws around the outer edge. When it is pulled the screws just pull through and the plastic and vinyl gets broken up around the screw holes. I am working on a plan to come up with some chrome trim to go around the outer edge that I can put new screw holes, it just won't have the factory look, which isn't all bad.

Its possible the original mfg went out of business or similar, obviously Yamaha does not make the part themselves. Maybe even THEY cannot get it anymore. Possibly not an actual Yamaha issue. Just one possible explanation.
I agree, that is very possible. But, I bought a $50,000 boat from Yamaha that I already cannot get parts for which really ticks me off. It is irrelevant who's fault it is, Yamaha is who sold the boat and should be standing behind it. It really worries me about what is the next part that is unavailable.

3 D printer

That would be a nice piece if done in wood with the stainless drink cups set into it and heavily lacquered. Or as Jeff said, use it as a template for 3D printing and then fiberglass and gelcote it. That would be a ton of work, but possible.

Some of these kids today at the custom stereo shops lay fiberglass like a boss. It may be worth giving them a project.

Update: maybe not the prettiest, but after looking at this missing piece for 2 years, I finally got sick of it and MacGyvered some brackets while sitting in the dock today. First I bolted some aluminum angle brackets to the lower inside, then poorly cut and bent up some thin aluminum straps and screwed it all back into place. More solid now then ever. This winter maybe get some nice custom straps made that are a little more pleasing to the eye,,, but I have cup holders.. ?

Attachments

• 20210703_091959.jpg
    20210703_091959.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210703_092046.jpg
    20210703_092046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 20210703_092117.jpg
    20210703_092117.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20210703_095524.jpg
    20210703_095524.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
That came out pretty good! I wonder if an upholstery shop might start with the piece and be able to re-wrap it in vinyl to give you that factory look, or use a filler and re-paint/stain as one of your winter options.

It's one of those things that because you have repaired and you know where it is, you can see, but I bet almost nobody else can, and based on the value/usefulness you have a solid repair that could last the rest of the life of the boat, so the other option is to accept it as a "mark of experience" and let it be.

Best of Luck however you proceed.

Last edited:
I like " the mark of experience ".. I'll have to come up with a good story how it got ripped off to begin with...

The part no for 2010, 2013 and 2014 is F2D-U565A-01-00 and is available $150, My 2011 F2D-U565A-10-00 is not and nor is 2012 F2D-U565A-20-00
Maybe 2011 and 2012 were discontinued because they were crap and they reverted to the 2010 item. This is 99.9% likely to fit. It might be a different colour but I doubt it, more likely it is a better material - fibreglass?
I will attempt to repair mine for now and put at least one extra screw in the bottom. I had already changed the screws for ones with larger heads.

Back