• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S First Impressions w/ Pics and Video

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree that it's good that they did something about the noise level. Fairly lame that they didn't apply that same change to the 21 and 19 footers, though. I understand that they want to differentiate the products and drive buyers up the line, but a 24 doesn't fit for us and I love our boat but I won't buy another Yamaha without the sound situation improved. I'm hoping the big upgrades to the rest of the line, or at least the 21 footers, are coming next year.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I agree that it's good that they did something about the noise level. Fairly lame that they didn't apply that same change to the 21 and 19 footers, though. I understand that they want to differentiate the products and drive buyers up the line, but a 24 doesn't fit for us and I love our boat but I won't buy another Yamaha without the sound situation improved. I'm hoping the big upgrades to the rest of the line, or at least the 21 footers, are coming next year.
I wouldn't think the 21' & 19' will change until 2017.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I see what you did there. Did she get delivered finally?
Negative. The truck got delayed, it will be here Monday @ 9 am.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
that is the worst feeling! Waiting and waiting cant sleep at night hoping the agony will be over then whamo, truck is delayed!:arghh::banghead:
You have no idea!!!:banghead:. But at least I have had time to get everything I need for it.

TxChristopher

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, this should be across the line but as stated above they may be waiting on the redesign of those hulls as well.. . . . .

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ziess21: Many many thanks. This is one of the best and most conscientious write-ups ever ! And seeing as how you're both a real dealer as well as an affectionado, it's reassuring to know this was not "paid for" TEST RIDE.
I for one appreciate all of the work you went to to inform us like this ........ and Hey !!!!!!! That "sound deadening" video is THE BOMB !
I found it on youtube as well, in a larger "display" if anyone is interested ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siPwsX4DPI

Many Blessed Wishes your way, and we all look forward to more posts from you ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Negative. The truck got delayed, it will be here Monday @ 9 am.
You really shouldn't be so specific... you might get people showing up for the unwrapping ceremony! ;-)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Ziess21 those videos suck.....!!! Makes me want to trade my boat in for a new one...lol. On a more serious note thanks for the videos and sounds like I will be up in Portland Oregon area in the next couple of weeks testing. You don't happen to be @bobbies dealer do you?

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ziess21 those videos suck.....!!! Makes me want to trade my boat in for a new one...lol. On a more serious note thanks for the videos and sounds like I will be up in Portland Oregon area in the next couple of weeks testing. You don't happen to be @bobbies dealer do you?
Yup I am her dealer. That sounds a bit shady, lol.

I'm planning on hitting the water with y'all as long as my schedule allows ;)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Watch out! Those Missouri boys will have you putting 5000 lbs of ballast on that beautiful gray 2015 boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder how many ballast bags I can fit in my carry on......:jawdrop:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great write up @Ziess21 !! Did you all notice the integrated paper towel holder and toilet paper holder in the head door?? Man oh man, I have to figure out a way to tell my bride that we have outgrown our boat (it's just the two of us) and get a different rig....soon!!!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"The low speed tracking was as good or possibly even better than a standard I/O. She barely wandered off course and naturally wanted to go straight."

This is what I came here looking to read. Thank you for a great write up! We have only had our boat for 2 years, so we will be keeping it for a good long while yet, but I now know that our next Yamaha will not be older than a 2015!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder how much I will lose on my 2013? I want the 2015 too!!!

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The actual airborne engine noise does sound quieter in your video, similar to how mine sounds after doing significant upgrades in that area. But thats not what bothers us the most. Its the vibration and resonance that seems to come from the pumps via the hull that is most annoying, along with the fact that those noises seem to multiply themselves to an new annoyance level when the RPMs are matched. I hear that same tone in your video. This is where significant changes to the way the engines and pumps are mated to the hull are necessary to actually be as smooth and quiet as prop boats. Have they made any changes here? Guess I'll need to drive one to see for myself if there is actually an improvement in that aspect.

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in love with the suede gray color combo... I saw this model in person last weekend at the Daytona Beach boat show. The overall feel of the helm is very impressive with the new seats. Had me leaving with a big grin on my face. Could I justify the extra $$ over a suede gray AR240? I don't know.. But Yamaha definitely took a big step forward with this new model. I'm interested in what they'll have in store for the rest of the model lineup in 2016.