• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S First Impressions w/ Pics and Video

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New video on the Connext. I did it quickly so its not my best video....
I see the touchscreen has day/night modes... Is there a way to turn the screen completely off? A dimmer for intermediate brightness levels?

Another great vid. Thx!

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dont mind the stickers, gives me and others i'm sure the option to pull them and add our own personalized look. I certainly undersrand your point though. If I had to choose I would rather they keep bringing new innovations as they have done for years, stickers just not as important for me.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
....and just like that she's sold. Just wrapped up paperwork with the new owners. Luckily I get to keep it for another week until my next one arrives.
you did mention to them about JETBOATERS.NET ,

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Being able to easily silence the depth alarm would be nice the next time I follow Mel @txav8r in less than 2 feet of water! But a serious question would be where to install the perfect pass? Most replace the speedo.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Being able to easily silence the depth alarm would be nice the next time I follow Mel @txav8r in less than 2 feet of water! But a serious question would be where to install the perfect pass? Most replace the speedo.
Yeah ... good point....I didn't see much room for add on guages. Would be cool if PP could be plugged into that screen! Or if they'd offer PP as a factory installed option! But room for the mandatory fume detector and bilge alarms would be nice!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good point about the PP. Does anyone know if PP is integrated in a Murphy touchscreen on the wake boats that use these displays?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just answered my own question after visiting the Murphy website. They have their screens in Mastercrafts, so PP can run through their screens. The problem is getting the brain updated with new software to accept the device and control it. Hopefully Yamaha offers this as an upgrade later this model year.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Would be cool if PP could be plugged into that screen! Or if they'd offer PP as a factory installed option! But room for the mandatory fume detector and bilge alarms would be nice!
I can see them adding Perfect Pass to X models. With Yamaha though it's kinda an all or nothing kinda deal they don't have options.

I agree, Yamaha should sell PP as an accessorie in their catalog.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not an option on new boats but an upgrade to existing touch screens.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I bought a 2015 I think the first mod would be to replace the horn with one that sounds like my current boat. :)

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Zeiss21 do you think the rudder will be a problem if the boat is backed up to a beach?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damnit. I convinced myself I'm not upgrading and now all these videos...

Love that yamaha paid attention to even the small stuff like the paper towel holder. I also really like that they changed the horn! My friends always make fun of the puny buzzer that mine has. It's also starting to fade out. I wonder if I can get the new horn under warranty?
Agreed on all points @Skysurfer2010 makes. Barbie especially loves the new attention to details, like the towel holder and better use of space already there.
However, we both have a question:
HOW do you know the horn has changed, and hopefully for the better. The horn on a 2013/2014 242 Limited S sucks pretty much. Thanks in advance for an answer.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA - Which will be on HGTV tomorrow night @ 8 pm !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Zeiss21 do you think the rudder will be a problem if the boat is backed up to a beach?
My honest opinion: yes. If you anchor up so that you don't touch the bottom and are always floating it should be no issue. However, if the boat were to bounce and strike bottom from wave action then I could see the rudder being impacted. Only time will tell.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
MikeyL, they honk the horn in the video. It now sounds like a car horn.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, @Ziess21 , could you shoot a close up of the horn and the hinges on the cushion, please?

I would love to know if I could buy the parts and install them on mine...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@tdonoughue: Pretty much sure you cannot accomplish what you desire as the cushions are all different. The cushions no longer "interlock" (with each other) like ours do on the earlier 242's do. Sorry 'bout that.
Best Wishes for a Great weekend ! - Mikey Lulejian -
On Lake Oconee, featured on HGTV tomorrow night, Sunday, Sept 14th, @ 8 pm !

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks like the cushions may be a different shape and cut than the previous ones in order to allow the clearance to open. Here's the hinge: