• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S First Impressions w/ Pics and Video

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm... I don't know. I think the interlock is accomplished by screwing blocks on the backing. One may be able to unscrew those (and if it doesn't work, put 'em back) and add the hinges. Only part I will need to look closely at is how the fiberglass side is formed. They put that little dip in there. @Glassman , any ideas on how you could replicate that on our boats?

Editing to add: Big thanks to @Ziess21 !

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think the issue is going to be the offset of the cushions from the sides/bulkhead along with the slant cuts on the cushions where they fit to the motor hatch cushion. On the 2015s they are flat where the butt up against each other to allow it to close and open all the way.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, I see. Rats.

That feature alone may make it so my wife demands a new one...

Edited to add realization: Wait a minute! That is a GOOD thing!

Last edited:

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
My honest opinion: yes. If you anchor up so that you don't touch the bottom and are always floating it should be no issue. However, if the boat were to bounce and strike bottom from wave action then I could see the rudder being impacted. Only time will tell.
Hm. I wonder what the steering would be like if you removed the rudder and added TVXL/Cobras. Even then, I wonder if that pointy part of the keel would be ok if you backed up to a beach...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I know where they got the new drive side layout , they used my design, that is pretty cool.

View attachment 12120
I thought I had seen the tray mod just aft of the throttles, but could not remember who did it. I have a two-bin plastic suction cup thingy that is too small for today's cell phones, partially in the way of the fire extinguisher tube, and having trouble staying stuck lately. Your tray idea fixes all of that.

Did you do a write up on it? Link? Thanks!

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Should be picking up my '15 242 LS on Tuesday or Wednesday. she's black...I was torn between Grey and Black, but the wife has a black Sequoia, and she really likes it, so that makes things easier. I've been in/out and all over the boat the last few days (showroom only), and there's only 3 things I have seen so far that I scratching my head on... (BTW, first time boat owner here, so they may be stupid things...)

#1: With the hinged cushions, the cooler is a pain to get out from under the seat. You have to close it partially, then wedge the cooler out. Odd.
#2: Head...I didn't compare it to a 2014, but the spot for a toilet is mighty small. The cavern is large, but there is a shelf there that makes it a really tight fit...but at least there is a light in there!
#3: No place on the drivers side to really put my phone. I like that they have a USB port, but it's right next to the steering wheel, wish they had created a little waterproof box with USB connection...would make life easier...but I did try out the Bluetooth, and it works great.

I really like the touchscreen, but I'm in the tech industry, and I have come to expect this these days. I thought I noticed additional connectors behind the helm, that were unused... could this be for expansion to the Connext? There are so many changes to the 2014 over the '15, that it's hard to compare the 2. I mean you can tell that the molds for the boat are totally different...from the bow to the keel...they did a major re-design. I love the integrated tower (the base is metal), and as much as others joke about the keel breaking, it is a stout piece of metal as well...

I was between a Southwinds 2400/2600 or a 2014 242 LS, but after I saw the 2015...I was sold.

Sea trial on Tuesday or Wednesday, then out to Anclote key this weekend...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats @Charles. You already know what a WISE and GOOD decision you made.
And welcome to the Forum.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 23.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Charles glad you found us! update your profile with your location and it will automatically add you to the user map, also with a 2015 you'll be the most popular at the lake with everybody wanting to look it over!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow Charles. Nothing like showing up at your first party and making a big splash. Congratulations. Make sure you post some pictures of your family on the boat.

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just need to seal the deal, and get away from the dealership before I see a Suede Grey.

I find it funny...most of you have to convince the wife, exact opposite here. She had to convince me. I'm a car guy...but with the toys I have, I had to give in, it's her turn ;-)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Charles - Congrats! I usually have to convince the wife, but she convinced me on a new suede grey LS. Stick with the Black. I want to be the first Suede Grey on the site. :winkingthumbsup"

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Charles congrats on your future purchase. The black limited S is awesome, you will love it.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Charles - Congrats! I usually have to convince the wife, but she convinced me on a new suede grey LS. Stick with the Black. I want to be the first Suede Grey on the site. :winkingthumbsup"
I get my Suede Grey LS on Monday... hehe:winkingthumbsup"

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You're a dealer. That doesn't count. I can be the first of the lay boaters. Lol
It's my personal boat, I've already singed and everything.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wow! Exciting! Congratulations! That boat is so sharp!
Thanks, to you as well on you near future purchase. Now I need to figure out what to do to set it apart from all the other ones that will for sure be on here!