• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S First Impressions w/ Pics and Video

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not to belabor the point, but regardless of the MSRP, the T22 can be actually purchased for around $60K on a very nice trailer. Also, the 22' length is not directly comparable to the 24 foot Yamaha because on the Axis the swim platform is not included in that length. It's about 2 feet deep, so the boat actually ends up being 24 feet in length once the swim platform is considered. These are different boats for different purposes, but the point I was trying to make is that it isn't unreasonable to expect clear coat graphics in a boat you can buy at the $60K price point. That said, this is just a nit and I do think the 242 is a beautiful and awesome boat!
^^^ x2

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I finally noticed something I don't like about the 242 limited S. It does not have a mirror for watersports. I am not sure what a good solution would be.
Excellent Observation. This may wind up being true for more than just the 242LS before it's all over.
Due to positioning, the ONLY solution currently is a mirror that attaches to the windshield.
I just feel confidant that in time a better solution will be made available for the 2015 242LS.
Hey ! Thank goodness it's not a deal breaker !

Wishing everyone a "Can't Git Here Too Soon" upcoming weekend ! - Mikey Lulejian, Lake Oconee, GA

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the PTMEdge Pro Windsheild Mirror + mount on my '14 242LS. I could have gotten a tower mounted mirror but all the research I did on it pushed me away from going that direction.

The '15 242LS is going to have to have a windshield mount mirror with the tower set back as far as it is I think. Unless you were going to use a really long arm from the tower (which I think would look silly).

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the 2015 242LS, but I think I'll wait a bit and let the bugs get worked out and the prices come down.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the 2015 242LS, but I think I'll wait a bit and let the bugs get worked out and the prices come down.
The price will not drop until the next model change when they are trying to get rid of the last remaining ones before taking on their new inventory.

ccrayjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Give it a year or so and they will have left overs or smaller dealers will try and push their numbers up with lower pricing.

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol...who says I paid MSRP? Ahem....NOT!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Charles where's the pics of your new beauty?

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my blue 242 LTD S on Tues and finally had some time to take some pics. I was SUPER skeptical of how this boat would look in person with the cream colored deck and hull but it actually looks pretty dang good and is growing on me. Only issue so far is some cover wear on the tower from shipping. Its not coming off very easily....

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol...who says I paid MSRP? Ahem....NOT!
No one pays MSRP. I am not referring to that. I am referring to the price that the dealer is willing to sell a boat for. That number however close to MSRP it starts, typically does not move until they are trying to clear inventory.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It rained all day yesterday, so we pushed delivery to today...

Very, Very Nice! Black looks better here than in the advertising.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my blue 242 LTD S on Tues and finally had some time to take some pics. I was SUPER skeptical of how this boat would look in person with the cream colored deck and hull but it actually looks pretty dang good and is growing on me. Only issue so far is some cover wear on the tower from shipping. Its not coming off very easily....
Very Sharp!

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think the graphics package has a lot to with the Black looking really good. It's tasteful, and more an accent. previous years were kind of 'busy'...'High Output', Stripe, breaking up the black, etc. Now it understated for elegance...or at least that's what I'm telling myself ;-)

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Charles : GREAT boat, Great color choice, nice pics ! I agree on better in person than the advertising !
Good Luck and Enjoy it alot ! = Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The '15 242LS is going to have to have a windshield mount mirror with the tower set back as far as it is I think ...
@sysinu : As I posted earlier, there is NO AVAILABLE mirror "system" for a 2015 242 Ltd S - Except for a windshield mount.
It is possible some ingenious designer comes up with a "tower" answer, but many of us doubt that'll happen.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA