• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S First Impressions w/ Pics and Video

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ziess21 : KILLER Blue 242. Thanks for all of the wonderful postings & videos you have provided us with !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No one pays MSRP. I am not referring to that. I am referring to the price that the dealer is willing to sell a boat for. That number however close to MSRP it starts, typically does not move until they are trying to clear inventory.
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but how does the prep fee factor in? A certain dealer has a lock on our local market (markets, actually) and will try everything to stick a $2995 prep fee to the unsuspecting. Apples to apples, I'll be curious to see what people can actually driveout paying (less taxes, which vary, and no hyper inflated accessories, warranties, etc.).

Someone will always make a deal--especially in the winter--but I agree that it will take more inventory before we start to see anything substantial.

I'd further speculate that if and when they bring back the 1.99% incentive, they'll sell all they can make. Still hope nobody falls for a $2995 prep fee (or really anything in excess of $500) but I digress...

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was SUPER skeptical of how this boat would look in person with the cream colored deck and hull but it actually looks pretty dang good and is growing on ...
Looks great. There's something appealing about the off-white.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Got my blue 242 LTD S on Tues and finally had some time to take some pics. I was SUPER skeptical of how this boat would look in person with the cream colored deck and hull but it actually looks pretty dang good and is growing on me. Only issue so far is some cover wear on the tower from shipping. Its not coming off very easily....
@Ziess21 is the tower on the yacht blue LS powder coated silver or is it brushed aluminum? I haven't seen one in person yet.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ziess21 is the tower on the yacht blue LS powder coated silver or is it brushed aluminum? I haven't seen one in person yet.

It is silver powder coated ~~~~~~~
Hope this helps, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Actually it is powder coated and NOT brushed aluminum.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 is the extra bow seating option still available in the 2015 LS? I use the forward facing bow cushion configuration a lot.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 Thanks, I am glad to know this is still part of the seating configuration.

mike serement

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you can use the tow point on the tower with the bimini up? Seems like it would rub against....

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Goes through in and outs of the new boat. Anyone can tell me what this is? image.jpg

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you can use the tow point on the tower with the bimini up? Seems like it would rub against....
I haven't pulled anyone yet but it looks like the angles should be ok, maybe a little bit of rubbage may occur in the right conditions.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but how does the prep fee factor in? A certain dealer has a lock on our local market (markets, actually) and will try everything to stick a $2995 prep fee to the unsuspecting. Apples to apples, I'll be curious to see what people can actually driveout paying (less taxes, which vary, and no hyper inflated accessories, warranties, etc.).

Someone will always make a deal--especially in the winter--but I agree that it will take more inventory before we start to see anything substantial.

I'd further speculate that if and when they bring back the 1.99% incentive, they'll sell all they can make. Still hope nobody falls for a $2995 prep fee (or really anything in excess of $500) but I digress...
My suggestion is that if you want the 2015 with the new mods, wait. This boat will be the old boat next year and all the 2016's will have the same stuff and be, "new" boats. I know, a year is hard to wait but boats are always cheaper when they are older. I didn't pay dealer prep on my 2014 boat when I boat it at the end of the season.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I think the Bimini is oddly placed behind the tow point. I would guess if it was an issue, that it wouldn't be like this. It is really a change from the previous Bimini as they end at the tow point. I'm guessing that Yamaha got it right.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The tow point is usable. Also the legs of the bimini are telescoping and have a retracted position designed for towing.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rear of the bimini has different height settings so you can lower it while towing.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks! I am guessing I have to take another look at the legs on the poles that stay fixed. That will make since if both lower. I have over thought this Bimini Top, lol, now I am like what the heck. I was so spastic I couldn't even roll the dang thing up. Lol.