• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone here drive the new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe? If so, how do you like it so far? Pros and Cons?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have one but a con is the price!!!! Holy crap!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
One "pro" I know of is the goofy hump in the back is gone now!!! So it is flat floor throughout..

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to test drive the 4WD LTZ with 22's in the morning. Sticker is 68K. It's the one with everything. Time to put on the negotiation hat.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I kinda like the look of them... looked into getting one briefly, but decided against it. I think i will wait until there is more in the market and better deals out there

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I kinda like the look of them... looked into getting one briefly, but decided against it. I think i will wait until there is more in the market and better deals out there
I didn't like the look of them at first but they are growing on me now.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@HawkTX I love the look of new ones and the updated features are much needed. A much overlooked option on these are the automatic running boards. I didn't really care prior to my purchase (I have an 09 LTZ) but now that I have one I think its one of my favorite options on mine. Very clean and just finishes off the look of the SUV so much better than the big clunky running boards. Cant wait to see it!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I spent a lot of time with the 2015 Denali at the car show. But my wife's Lexus is acting up and my Denali is only two years old so I think I'll keep the one I have

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just read some reviews. They were pretty good.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know the Sequoias are nice, but I'm more of a Ford or Chevy guy. I wish Ford would redesign the Expedition.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is in the same price range of a lightly used Range rover or Porsche cayenne Turbo. If it was up to me those 2 would be my choices, both classy and extra bad ass when towing.

Last edited:

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or get a crew cab 14 f150 for a steal with the ecoboost. I got a platinum for about 10k off more and it's plush. Don't believe the eco in ecoboost though!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a Ford/Chevy guy up until 3 years ago, and owned a couple Expeditions as well, I am extremely impressed with our Toyota's, go drive one just for fun and compare it to Chevy's & Fords.
I may do that just to compare.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
QUOTE="JC6275, post: 26336, member: 517"]One "pro" I know of is the goofy hump in the back is gone now!!! So it is flat floor throughout..[/QUOTE]

That is one of the key reasons that I went with the Expedition previously.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife's cousin owns the local Chevy dealership and says the Tahoe's and Suburban's are moving as fast as they can get them in. Reviews so far have been positive as this is a complete redesign as opposed to the Expedition which is largely just a motor update. That said, I looked at the Suburban LTZ and it was over $70k. I am going to keep the Expedition and grab a used one in a couple of years when the prices come back down to earth. A few years ago, the Escalade was $70k, not it's the Chevy......no thanks.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
A friend is the GM at the GMC dealer in my town, talked to him the other day, they had a customer come in and order a Yukon Denali XL with the Denali package it was $78,600, he talked to the caddiliac dealer in town and put an escalade together XL With everything he said it was bumping $90,000

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He called tonight and said they weren't going to be able to get it in until Monday morning. There goes my test drive tomorrow morning. BAH! He said I could come in and test drive one of the other ones but I really don't want to test drive it until I know it's the one with everything I want on it. Monday it is. I will report back and let you know what happens.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I liked the previous Tahoe, but felt the Acadia was a much better designed vehicle. The electronics, the flat floor and the 3rd row folding flat made the older Tahoe show it's age.
I was holding out for the new Tahoe - but there is no way I'd pay $75k for a Chevy.
I may keep my TrailBlazer (it's only got 50k mikes) for moving the boat around and get my wife the 14' OutBack Limited she wants. Then again - maybe I'll go take a peek at the GMC Sierra.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is just my opinion, I drive a 2007 GMC 2500 truck at work and absolutely hate it. It's a giant lumbering sloppy ass truck! The front end clunks when turning since day one and dealers say nothing's wrong. When trying to speed up slightly to pass while moving, the engine has to kick down and scream like a headless chicken -- there is no slight increase. It's full bore or maintaining speed. I've driven Escalades, various STS Cadillacs and the new XTS and I'm not impressed. They all have that 'sloppy' GM feel to me.

I love the look of the new Escalade and similar GM offspring but I can't get my GM experience out of my head.