• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1/2 our fleet are Ford Ecoline 150's and f350 PU's while the other 1/2 are Chevy Express' and Silverado 2500's. I can't stand the Fords and always choose a Chevy. Our Fords have proven to be maintenance needy and expensive, while the Chevys just keep on trucking.
I'm not trying to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy debate - no thank you.
Just my opinion.
To each their own.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been a Dodge guy for years but I'm going to look at the new F150's before I renew my truck. I think Ford has come a long way in the last 10 or so years.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a 05' Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab with a HEMI. 35" tires rolling on 20" wheels. That was 1 BAD ASS truck.
It was by far the best plow truck I've ever owned. But the 10-12mpg got old quick.

I've heard some great things about the F150 EcoBoost. Never drove 1 but I'd like to check 1 out.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf and @octavio3311 , both the ford f350 and chevy 2500 and are work trucks, with heavy duty suspensions. They are made for work until you get into the lariat and LTZ , comparing these to a large SUV or a caddaliac will undoubtly not fair well for the trucks, while murf is dead on with the older chevy motors sounding like they were going to blow apart while just passing, I think both ford and chevy have made huge strides in quality and comfort. With that said I have not found a everyday vehicle that I would pay anything close to what the prices of these new vehicles are.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's is the price range of a lightly used Range rover or Porsche cayenne Turbo. If it was up to me those 2 would be my choices, both classy and extra bad ass when towing.
Same as the BMW X5 Diesel. Another great tow vehicle.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I drive a lot of rental Tahoes/Yukons because I spent a lot of time in MSP this winter. The oldest one had 1800 miles on it and it drove like my '02 Sierra did when I traded it in. Not nearly as crisp as my wife's Armada with 120k on it. That said, they are so darn comfortable and do drive nice. I have not driven the 2015 yet but I am looking forward to it.

The Acadia/Traverse is a nice car. Drove those a lot when I was getting sent out to SoCal...nobody wanted SUVs for rental cars out there except me.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a 05' Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab with a HEMI. 35" tires rolling on 20" wheels. That was 1 BAD ASS truck.
It was by far the best plow truck I've ever owned. But the 10-12mpg got old quick.

I've heard some great things about the F150 EcoBoost. Never drove 1 but I'd like to check 1 out.
I have max tow 3.73 ecoboost 6.5ft bed crew cab platinum f150. It can't plow because of electronic power steering. It also doesn't get great gas mileage, maybe 13-14 around town 15-16 on the freeway. 75+ mph tanks mpg with the 3.73

All that being said, it tows like a diesel with more hp and never lacks power.

With 3.55 rear it is around 9800 lbs tow rating. I should have done that, I'm sure mpg would be better... I don't need 11,300 tow rating! Typical guy though, more is better!

Watch tfltruck Ike gauntlet towing test between ram, f150, and new 6.2 Silverado. Ecoboost bests them all. Hard to believe it's a 6 cyl. Just no eco to it in my experience, all boost.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My current is a 2012 Ford F250 6.7 diesel with the Lariat FX4 package. It's got 20,000 miles on it. That will be my trade vehicle. The sticker was exactly what this loaded out Tahoe is. I sold my camper so I no longer need such a large vehicle and would like something that actually fits in my garage. I'm about 6'2 and 260 so I'm not a small guy. I need something with room. When I've compared other SUV's I just keep coming back to the Tahoe. Here's the truck I'm trading. It was a great tow vehicle.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got essentially the same boat, my Denali pulls it with no problem so I think you would be good with a Tahoe.

J&CnNW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was a Ford/Chevy guy up until 3 years ago, and owned a couple Expeditions as well, I am extremely impressed with our Toyota's, go drive one just for fun and compare it to Chevy's & Fords.
We went to test drive the Sequoia "just for fun" and to compare against the Ford and Chevy… We ended up buying it on the spot. We were/are very impressed with it. Now I want a Tundra!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got essentially the same boat, my Denali pulls it with no problem so I think you would be good with a Tahoe.
Hey Cory, doesn't your Denali have the 6.2 in it? I think most Tahoe's only have the 5.3 v8.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Cory, doesn't your Denali have the 6.2 in it? I think most Tahoe's only have the 5.3 v8.
that is correct, I've towed w/both w/o any issues, although that wasn't with the new motor/transmission in the 2014 trucks & 2015 tahoes

bsp22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I just purchased a leftover 2013 Sequoia Platinum three weeks ago and traded in my 2003 Tahoe. Absolutely love it the Sequoia. I still haven't figured out all of the buttons, more than what I am used to. We had been researching and waiting for the 2015 Suburban and Yukon XL's for months, then my wife's transmission in her 2009 GMC Acadia went out (literally 3 weeks past the warranty time and with only 68,000 miles out of a 100,000 mile warranty). Freakin' unbelievable. Apparently, the wave plate issue in the Acadia transmission is a well known issue (especially to transmission shops), yet GMC will not do a recall. So, $3,500 later, I have a new transmission and my wife said that she is done with Chevy and GMC.
I am 6'5" 200lbs, and fit well in the driver's seat. Actually, there is even more room for me in the second row. The third row is not a problem either. The truck handles superbly and offers a very comfortable ride. I have not towed the boat with it yet, but I imagine that it will have no issues. I am also looking forward to using that backup camera when hooking up the trailer....no more in the cab..out of the cab...in the cab...out of the cab.

Brian

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah yes I've got the big motor in mine.

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I drive 2 Tahoes. My personal vehicle for towing the boat is a 2010 Tahoe. The other 1 is the GMC version, the Denali. It is actually my patrol vehicle with the sheriff's dept. I took it off a cocaine dealer along with 11 other vehicles. This thing is really loaded! I have never had a vehicle with a heated steering wheel. It's unmarked and my everyday driver with the department. It came from a chop shop in Birmingham, according to the drug dealer I took it from. We took it to the local GMC dealer and they put it on a rack and called GM to see if they could find a VIN anywhere, there wasn't. They even changed out the computer and it took the dealer a couple days to make a key for it.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that looks really nice!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I went with the 22's vs. the 20's. Never had a wheel that big on my vehicles before. 20 was the biggest.

Top Bottom