• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
While I understand wanting to follow manufacturers recommendations, do you guys really think it matters to break in before towing? Think about the countless trucks or vans loaded with a ton of tools and supplies that get tossed into service as soon as a sign is rubbed onto the sides.

This brings back a memory of a previous YJB debate about our boat motors break in schedule. Many believe in a rough break in verses the recommended gradual rpm increase.
We have semi trucks and have for quite some time. When we get a new one there is no break in period. We get them put decals on them and immediately hook them to a tanker and put 45,000 pounds on them, most all motors have been ran on a dyno at the factory before they ever leave. I realize I am talking about large diesel trucks but I don't put much creedence into a break in period.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I get 15-16 Mpg around town in my 2013 Tundra and upwards of 18-19 on the Highway, towing it does drop down around 12-13 mpg. You must have a lead foot my friend!!!
Towing I do have a heavy foot.
But I drive pretty light around town.
San Diego county is more like city driving with all the traffic... So that might explain our poor numbers a bit.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Towing I do have a heavy foot.
But I drive pretty light around town.
San Diego county is more like city driving with all the traffic... So that might explain our poor numbers a bit.
Rear end ratios make a huge difference on some vehicles. My ecoboost with 3.73 rear is lucky to see 17.5 mpg @ 75 mph on the freeway. Others with the 3.55 and 3.31 get better mpg.

I think the gm and ram motors with 4cyl mode will actually benefit from this higher ratio and allow them to do more work in 4cyl mode vs lower ratios.

I like the Ford ecoboost, but for most situations, I think GM and ram have the right idea for better mpg.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Great looking outfit!!! Like they were made for each other!!:cool::D

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drive a lot of rental Tahoes/Yukons because I spent a lot of time in MSP this winter. The oldest one had 1800 miles on it and it drove like my '02 Sierra did when I traded it in. Not nearly as crisp as my wife's Armada with 120k on it. That said, they are so darn comfortable and do drive nice. I have not driven the 2015 yet but I am looking forward to it.

The Acadia/Traverse is a nice car. Drove those a lot when I was getting sent out to SoCal...nobody wanted SUVs for rental cars out there except me.
My brother in law's Armada drives like crap compared to my Suburban and my previous Tahoe. Funny how we all have different views. You don't have to get every single option on a vehicle I've never had one loaded. I think if I would have bought my suburban loaded it would have been $60K in 2008. It was $34K after rebates and discounts. Best vehicle I've owned and pulls the boat great. Has 145,000 miles on it.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, but when they are fully loaded the gadgets are so fun to play with!!!! LOL

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am debating on the Tahoe or Yukon. Been going back and forth for 3 months now.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The initial cost is a little more but the resale on a GMC is better than a Chevy..

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I actually went and looked at one but I have to say it was a little to expensive for my wallet. The sticker I saw on a tahoe LTZ was 68k. It really was a beauty but wow they are pricing themselves out!

We ended up trading my wife's Taurus SHO for a 2010 Yukon Denali. I wish it was a new one but it solved our problem with always needing to take my superduty when towing. I gotta say I love the rear seat entertainment system for my 4 year old!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drove both and could not see any major difference. I just couldn't get over the grill and front finish on the GMC Yukon. Nothing bad, just preference on look.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I agree With you both, @CDENsomnia and @HawkTX. The price of ALL new vechicles are completely outrageous I find it funny we are paying as much money as we do for a whole lot of plastic. They are both pretty much identical internally, just different grill and headlight design. They are both very nice, completely personal preference. As for me.. I refuse to buy new. I tend to go for a 1 to 2 year old low mileage trade in...

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am debating on the Tahoe or Yukon. Been going back and forth for 3 months now.
What is the difference between them? When I was researching the 2002 Yukon XL I bought, the dealer said there was about a $500 difference in cost to GM for the Yukon over the Tahoe and that they were nearly identical except for trim.

Edit: I guess my question was answered already by later posts I hadn't read.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was in MSP every other week this winter and would always grab a Tahoe or a Yukon to get 4wd and remote start. I have to say that the ones National had were pretty loaded with satellite radio, heated seats, etc. but the only way I could tell if it was the Chevy or GMC was to look down at the steering wheel emblem. Loved the trucks, lots of power, drove kind of like they had miles on them even though they didn't but it was a comfortable GM truck thing.

Drove a Chevy 1500 LT this last week. 4 door cab, regular bed, would stick out of both ends of a parking space..it was big. Drove like the Ford work trucks I used to drive with the new eco engine that goes V4, V6, V8....I could not find the power. Great driving truck, loved everything about it, except that the radio seems to facing the passenger seat, it just left me wondering where the V8 power and growl went.

Top Bottom