• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe

6wheeldiesel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I just purchased a leftover 2013 Sequoia Platinum three weeks ago and traded in my 2003 Tahoe. Absolutely love it the Sequoia. I still haven't figured out all of the buttons, more than what I am used to. We had been researching and waiting for the 2015 Suburban and Yukon XL's for months, then my wife's transmission in her 2009 GMC Acadia went out (literally 3 weeks past the warranty time and with only 68,000 miles out of a 100,000 mile warranty). Freakin' unbelievable. Apparently, the wave plate issue in the Acadia transmission is a well known issue (especially to transmission shops), yet GMC will not do a recall. So, $3,500 later, I have a new transmission and my wife said that she is done with Chevy and GMC.
I am 6'5" 200lbs, and fit well in the driver's seat. Actually, there is even more room for me in the second row. The third row is not a problem either. The truck handles superbly and offers a very comfortable ride. I have not towed the boat with it yet, but I imagine that it will have no issues. I am also looking forward to using that backup camera when hooking up the trailer....no more in the cab..out of the cab...in the cab...out of the cab.

Brian
+1 on the Acadia! We had a 2010 Acadia AWD and without taking up an entire page, I'll sum it up with WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP! Transmission (56K miles), engine issues, two power steering pumps and a rack, etc... Worst waste of money we have ever expericenced. Traded it in on a 2014 VW Passat for my wife and bought a VERY used 2000 suburban to haul the kids. The 14 year old suburban has 3x the miles and runs 10x better!!

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice ride! Congrats!
Been looking at these...but...
Have a 2007 Tahoe miles at 90k....no major issues, but it's starting to burn oil a little. It gets low if I don't change it right around the 3k mile mark. Worrying me. It's hard to part with it, given it's paid for! I just don't see the benefit yet, even with all the nice new things like a backup camera, magnetic whatever control (?).
In general, though, we have had very few issues with the Tahoe. Just replaced the original brake pads at 90,000 miles!!! replaced the battery, belts, and that is about it...knock on wood.

Sequoia is high on the list too...nice engine.

still astonished at the prices. Can almost get the big bad Infiniti at this price...

Keep us posted.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice ride! Congrats!
Been looking at these...but...
Have a 2007 Tahoe miles at 90k....no major issues, but it's starting to burn oil a little. It gets low if I don't change it right around the 3k mile mark. Worrying me. It's hard to part with it, given it's paid for! I just don't see the benefit yet, even with all the nice new things like a backup camera, magnetic whatever control (?).
In general, though, we have had very few issues with the Tahoe. Just replaced the original brake pads at 90,000 miles!!! replaced the battery, belts, and that is about it...knock on wood.

Sequoia is high on the list too...nice engine.

still astonished at the prices. Can almost get the big bad Infiniti at this price...

Keep us posted.
Back in office tmrw and will give my thoughts so far. Too much typing for an iPhone. Ha!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went to test drive the Sequoia "just for fun" and to compare against the Ford and Chevy… We ended up buying it on the spot. We were/are very impressed with it. Now I want a Tundra!!
I want a Tundra too!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I want a Tundra too!
Nice ride Hawk!! They look great.

We have both Toyota Tundra, Sequoia Platinum.
Both Tow great, Sequoia full air suspension and auto leveling in the rear.
They also both get terrible fuel economy. 9 miles per gallon when towing 12 miles down when not towing

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But they look nice with my Boatimage.jpg

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok...I had a big day of driving yesterday with some client stuff and errands so here are my thoughts so far:

• The overall feel is pretty tight and the Magnetic Ride Control Suspension is AWESOME! It takes curves extremely well and you hardly feel bumps in the road.
  • I am so used to a truck that the inside feel will take a while to get used to the new interior. It almost feels like a car vs. an SUV/Truck feel. See pic below from their website, but is the same as mine.
  • I upgraded from the 3.08 Rear Axle to the 3.42 Rear Axle and have an integrated brake controller, which is nice for towing the boat.
  • The upgraded Entertainment/Navigation system is really easy to use. Love the 8' screen. My daughter loves the DVD screen in the back. The speakers are BOSE and I was pretty impressed with the sound.
  • My biggest fear was upgrading to the 22 inch wheels. I've heard you can feel the ride much more on those because of less rubber between the road and wheel, but I purposely hit bumps yesterday and could not really feel a difference than the 22's I had on my truck.
  • Lastly is the power/retractable running boards upgrade. My wife and girls love it because it is really easy for them to step on to get in. I'm 6'2 so I don't really need it to get in the vehicle or get out so honestly it gets in my way. Luckily there is a button right by the internal brake controller that you can push that easily turns it on and off.
  • The 4WD high and low switches very smoothly and quickly.
That is my review for the first 42 miles, which I put on it yesterday. Very pleased so far.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@HawkTX Whats your mileage looking like? I am interested to hear if they improved it like they say they did.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HawkTX Whats your mileage looking like? I am interested to hear if they improved it like they say they did.
Sorry. I totally forgot to add that. The computer gives you a low, best, and average display. I did a combo of tollway and interstate driving along with some downtown Dallas driving so over the 42 miles I got a best of 18.2 mpg, a low of 12.8 mpg (I have a pretty heavy foot) and my average was 14.6.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like Gubment Motors wants 2.7 MILLION of their vehicles back!

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_gm_recalls_2_7_million_cars_for_taillamp_and_other_issues.html

I wish they'd take them from my part of town....clear up some of this traffic!
If I crash and burn you guys will know why!!! It has nothing to do with my driving! LOL!!!

The last recall is small and includes 447 full-size trucks and SUVs. GM says 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups and 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs may have a tie rod that wasn’t properly tightened to the steering gear rack. The tie rod and steering rack could separate, causing the driver to lose control and crash. GM has informed customers by overnight mail and is instructing them to have their vehicles towed to the dealership.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question...Anyone know what the break in time is or how many miles before I should tow the boat? I can't seem to find anything in the owner's manual, but I may be missing it. I know the dealer told me when I bought my Ford F250 that I should have at least a 1,000 miles on it before I towed my 5th wheel camper. Thoughts on a gaser break in?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Refresh my memory, how many total vehicles did TOYOTA recall a couple of years ago?????

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So looks like you need to put close to a 1000 miles on it before you can tow the boat. You think you can that much on it in a week? Sounds like it's time for a road trip.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally found it in the manual tonight. You can tow after 500 miles of break-in.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally found it in the manual tonight. You can tow after 500 miles of break-in.
Check for a towing break-in too. Many vehicles need to be broken in under the higher load as well. Basically means you just have to take it easy for the first 500 miles of extra work.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah there was something that said about once you do exceed 500 miles and you tow with it that you should not exceed 55 mph for the next 200 miles.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While I understand wanting to follow manufacturers recommendations, do you guys really think it matters to break in before towing? Think about the countless trucks or vans loaded with a ton of tools and supplies that get tossed into service as soon as a sign is rubbed onto the sides.

This brings back a memory of a previous YJB debate about our boat motors break in schedule. Many believe in a rough break in verses the recommended gradual rpm increase.