• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Scarab 215 won't start

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Exactly as the link from DeanP, either your relays or starter solenoid.

BigJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum. Check out this thread. This is probably what's happening.
Good afternoon Dean, So I went ahead and swapped the relays and nothing. I then decided to bypass the solenoid and got one of the engines to start. Guessing it's a bad solenoid. My question is, how do you get both engines to turn over? I went from the battery to the two wires labeled Port and starboard on the solenoid but only my port side engine turned over which is closest to the solenoid. Any idea where I can find info as to what solenoid model I need to pick up? Any and all help is appreciated!

Joe

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good afternoon Dean, So I went ahead and swapped the relays and nothing. I then decided to bypass the solenoid and got one of the engines to start. Guessing it's a bad solenoid. My question is, how do you get both engines to turn over? I went from the battery to the two wires labeled Port and starboard on the solenoid but only my port side engine turned over which is closest to the solenoid. Any idea where I can find info as to what solenoid model I need to pick up? Any and all help is appreciated!

Joe
Sorry, I do not. I know the relays tend to go bad (don't understand how but they do). It's always good to keep spares onboard. @ScarabMike is really good with jetboats (he had a Scarab - hence his name). He can help debug this.

I would still check the basics;
Lanyard clipped in
Batteries are strong
Relays are good (check)
No "other" fuses blown
Start switches are good
"Wiggle" all wires trying to locate loose connections
Starter ok?
Strange noises (when starting)
Gas quality?
Spark plugs

Wish I could help more...