• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in on this deal! I emailed Will with the details and I will be purchasing the chocolate & black faux teak for my 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S:

Cockpit w/swim platform steps
Engine step
Upper & Lower Head compartment

Also the White & Blue Thrust Vectors special!

I confirmed my order above yesterday in full payment! According to the secretaries we do get the 30% discount as of my order and they had my faux teak already in stock and would be shipping immediately! This was such an awesome deal!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I confirmed my order above yesterday in full payment! According to the secretaries we do get the 30% discount as of my order and they had my faux teak already in stock and would be shipping immediately! This was such an awesome deal!
I paid this afternoon and was also charged at the 30% discount. I agree that it is a great deal.

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a little confused on the dash piece you are talking about. The only piece that I would consider a dash piece is the one that goes on top of the head compartment, otherwise I don't know of any piece that goes on the helm.
Apologies for my improper terminology. You are correct, the piece I'm referring to is on top of the "head compartment."

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am on the fence.
My wife really loves the factory carpet and although she likes the look of the Seadek she doesn't think it would be as comfortable.
Plus she thinks I'm crazy to consider spending $800 on a bunch of flat slabs of foam.

I love the look of the Seadek, I think it would add a perfect amount of class to the boat.

I asked if one of the optional pieces could be substituted for the dash piece and was told no substitutions. I hate to call him out on it, and I understand this is a very nice 30% discount but I mean come on, they can't possibly lose any money if they were to allow substitutions for the few folks that want it.

I don't understand this dash piece. Why would you want a piece of flooring on the dash? Would it look nice? Sure. Would it look out of place? I think so.

I've still got a few days to ponder this one, but for the reasons above I may be leaning towards spending my $800 elsewhere.
I never even thought to put a piece up there....in my opinion, I wouldn't let a $25-$30 piece stop me from saving over $300.

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I never even thought to put a piece up there....in my opinion, I wouldn't let a $25-$30 piece stop me from saving over $300.
Well as I said, there are other reasons swaying my decision. Exceptional customer service would have helped.
Does anyone know how the Seadek material holds up to bleach or other products when cleaning the interior fiberglass?

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Apologies for my improper terminology. You are correct, the piece I'm referring to is on top of the "head compartment."
I personally love having the SeaDeck on the top of the head compartment. Items that get put up there now don't slide around while underway like they did when it was just fiberglass. Plus, I think it has a nice finished look.

This is a picture of @Bruce boat with the pad on top of the head compartment.

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well as I said, there are other reasons swaying my decision. Exceptional customer service would have helped.
Does anyone know how the Seadek material holds up to bleach or other products when cleaning the interior fiberglass?
Exceptional customer service doesn't necessarily mean that they take a part out of a bundled kit and substitute it with another part that is optional. Of course they'd like to make a few bucks off of that optional part. That's business.

Boat carpets do get funky smelling and take much more time to dry than the sea dek, and they're a pita to hang up to dry.. When water gets under the carpet it takes forever to dry, and then it's a breeding ground for funk. Also - crumbs, sand, dust, hair, etc. will get under the carpets adding to the funk.. I'm not trying to sell you on it - heck my 30% discount is already in tact - but if you were going to do it - now would be the time.

I've had my boat for a week and I can already see that the factory sea dek covered swim deck is much nicer in many ways than the carpet. I'll admit though - the carpet does feel nice underfoot, but the sea dek isn't bad at all.

I've owned various boats for 25 years and never "needed" to washout with bleach - they do recommend simple green which I think smells better and is easier on everything than bleach.

Anyhow - good luck coming to terms with all that - I think if the price doesn't break the bank - you'll be enjoying the sea dek long after you've forgotten what you paid for it.

scubarick314

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've sent in our CC information. I'm probably waiting until spring to install. Great price on a great product.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Hey Will, Forgot to ask when paying. Do you have a fish tape measure that would fit on the sides of the rear AR190? My wife asked for this....what can I say, I married a fisherwoman.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@njmr2fan we can do a fish ruler for $50 if you want to add that. What length?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's only two days left to get in on this year's SeaDek group buy! Spread the word that payments need to be in by the 30th. We also will be going up on our SeaDek prices in about 30 days or so, so if there was ever a time to get in on this, now would be it!!

The price increase should be in the neighborhood of 6% across the board (SeaDek category)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Placed my order this morning! Even though I don't plan to replace my current SeaDek for a couple seasons, I couldn't pass up the 36% discount. Great deal!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just placed my order! What a deal!!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, I wound up ordering a 40" decal instead.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Orders need to be in by the close of business on the 30th?
@JetBoatPilot I did not see it on the web site do you have the anchor locker piece for a 2010-2014 240? I'm just looking for the rear deck, anchor locker and piece above the head/storage compartment

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm in for a cockpit set and engine cover pads. Order already in at JetBoatPilot for Two Color/ Faux Teak Surface, Storm gray. They have many orders above the 30% discount level - as a matter of fact they are moving the offices upstairs to expand the production floor. Imagine that.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Originally I was in for the swim deck only, but a deal like this is too good to pass up and went with the swim deck, cock pit and top of head compartment. Ordered today! Now I can't wait to get started on the installation. Chocolate over black - real sharp look with the upholstery in my boat.