• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive confused myself.... we're interested, I may have said for just the cockpit. We want the full boat. Reading responses, I'm not sure if that's 1 whole kit, or 1.5 kits or. .... the boat (1) swim deck (1) and wet storage locker (1) for a total of 3???

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive confused myself.... we're interested, I may have said for just the cockpit. We want the full boat. Reading responses, I'm not sure if that's 1 whole kit, or 1.5 kits or. .... the boat (1) swim deck (1) and wet storage locker (1) for a total of 3???
A whole boat kit is 1 unit, just the swim platform kit is 1/2 unit, cockpit without swim platform is 1 unit.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in for a cockpit set for my 06 AR210 but have 2 questions.

1. I want the solid seadek with the black outline is that the same price as the teak? 499?

2. I want to cover up the holes for the carpet snaps, the picture shows the seadek is cut around the snap, can you order without?

Once I know those 2 answers I'm in!

Thanks!

Attachments

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely screw heads to open the hatch, not snaps.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just doing whatever I can to get the number up to over 26! :smuggrin:

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PaulyB & anyone else with large dog concerns, I purchased a full set of SeaDek Faux Teak - Mocha over Black during last years group buy. We have 3 silver labs on the boat just about every time we go out and sometimes up to 6 dogs. My SeaDek still looks like new this season (the first with it in). The dogs were my biggest concern as well when i was going to buy but it is by far the best improvement / mod I have done to my boat. Everyone that gets on the boat loves it especially people that were on it before. It really takes the look and feel of the boat to another level.

Here is a link to my post that has after pictures of the install.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/242-l-s-seadek-installed-finally.5502/#post-110365

The one thing we do for the swim platform when the dogs are swimming/ jumping off the back of the boat is to cover the SeaDek with towels, 2 cover the bottom platform and 1 to cover the top platform. This prevents the small nail puncture holes from their claws when they jump off the back of the boat with force. Just walking around the boat does not cause any issues. It's when they "dig in" with their claws to get "launching power" that you will have issues. I attached a video of our dogs swimming from the platform and how we cover it. As far as they are concerned, its their boat and we just drive it for them to the cool swim spots...

That is awesome!! I can't bring myself to bring our 2 labs out with us yet. What is that thing they are using to get back in the boat with?

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm watching this with anticipation! Will be much easier to "convince" the wife with the 30% discount!! I'm going for a cockpit and swim deck set...

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is awesome!! I can't bring myself to bring our 2 labs out with us yet. What is that thing they are using to get back in the boat with?
@trashygasman & @bronze_10, It is called "Load-A-Pup", link to website below.

http://www.boatingdog.com/boating_dog

During our first season with the boat we got tired of hauling the dogs up onto the swim platform every time they jumped in so I went looking for a solution online and found a post at "that other board" where someone recommended it. If you have boat dogs this is a must have!!! Just hang it from the top step on the boarding ladder. Our dogs all learned to use it very quickly. When training a dog to use it, when they are swimming back to the boat, we call the dog and tap right next to the black loading handle above the ladder on the swim platform on the opposite side of the boat from where the dog is swimming. This way they have to swim over it and then once they get their feet on it they stand and jump up. Some dogs need help and we just grab their harnesses and guide them over it while they swim. They start to associate the black handle as the place to swim to for the platform and eventually just know where it is. Most dogs we have encountered have it figured out by the end of a "swim session" (couple hours). It also helps if there are other dogs that know how its done. It becomes an "air traffic pattern" of sorts after a while. Everyone including the humans fall into a straight line to get into the boarding line. The Load-A-Pup is also great for kids, as you can see in the video, they love to use it as a "dive platform" and also makes them feel more comfortable in the water at the back of the boat (gives them a place to stand/sit in the water and rest). My 3 year old daughter loves it. Heck, I sit on the thing sometimes just to hang out and I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. Never had any issues with the ladder using this either, in case that was a question. I am not affiliated with this product just giving a great recommendation for a great product we use on every outing.

Sorry @JetBoatPilot not trying to hijack your thread. Just trying to help you sell more SeaDek to dog owners that may be on the fence. As I said in my last post, that was our biggest concern when we were deciding/decided to buy it. It is really a non-issue, just take a little extra precaution on the swim deck (cover with towels or something) if you let your dogs launch themselves off the back of the boat and just enjoy the new look & feel of your boat! Again a great recommendation for a great product (SeaDek) from a great company (@JetBoatPilot). Can't stress enough how nice it is to not have to worry about wet carpets that are soaked from dogs and kids!! Such a time saver as well!

P.S. @trashygasman What are you waiting for! Get those dogs out on the boat! Labs & Water & Boats were made for each other!

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the go ahead from the wife, I'm in. Cockpit kit! Sending email to Will to make it official.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the teak look. It is much more intricate like planks of wood. I feel that it has a useful purpose of adding grip as well as looking better. But since I already paid for the extra cutting time I might be a little biased.

View attachment 27858
@JetBoatPilot Does the teak add additional grip?????

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be in on this. Will call later this week with my order.

QUESTION RE THE 2010-2014 242 . Which snaps are left uncovered by the Seadek?