• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My understanding is none of them if you put in the full kit. You have to unscrew all the carpet snaps and fill in the remaining screw holes. The only areas that are notched out are for latches (ski locker, gas tank, anchor, plug hatch).

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, @JetBoatPilot...!

Where are we officially on this Will? I've done a count of posts since your "16.5 confirmed" and I think we're in the 26 order range... possibly more factoring the maybes and the "if we hit 25% or 30%" ones.

We're dying to know! (We need something to cheer us up with the season winding down and the boats going away soon!)

Thanks again!

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be in on this. Will call later this week with my order.

QUESTION RE THE 2010-2014 242 . Which snaps are left uncovered by the Seadek?
On my install there are 5 that are completely not covered and 2 that are partially covered. 3 will always be visible with the current layout (the 3 that are closest to the engine hatch on the outside of the fuel tank cover). The other 2 that I have that are totally visible are under the very front 2 cushions in the bow. The 2 small carpets were installed differently (holes in non symmetric places) so we placed the mats where they looked the best and did not worry about the old screw holes as they are filled anyway. The other 2 holes that are kind of visible are by the ski locker. We installed all the mats so the faux teak lines lined up in the whole boat. We could have covered all the holes with the mats but the mis-matched lines would be way more noticeable than a few small covered holes. I imagine other than the 3 by the engine compartment every install will be slightly different due to small differences in OEM screw install location.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot is the brushed gray and gray faux teak the same shade? Or is one darker than the other?

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What do you think of faux teak grey on a ghost grey 242LS. Even though the stock is chocolate ? I just think the grey would look better wth the hull color. Anyone else do this color combo? Photos?

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my install there are 5 that are completely not covered and 2 that are partially covered. 3 will always be visible with the current layout (the 3 that are closest to the engine hatch on the outside of the fuel tank cover). The other 2 that I have that are totally visible are under the very front 2 cushions in the bow. The 2 small carpets were installed differently (holes in non symmetric places) so we placed the mats where they looked the best and did not worry about the old screw holes as they are filled anyway. The other 2 holes that are kind of visible are by the ski locker. We installed all the mats so the faux teak lines lined up in the whole boat. We could have covered all the holes with the mats but the mis-matched lines would be way more noticeable than a few small covered holes. I imagine other than the 3 by the engine compartment every install will be slightly different due to small differences in OEM screw install location.
Thanks for the info!
Now, this is a very surprising post.

If I understand correctly, these mats may not be cut so that the teak lines will all line up from front to rear of the boat when the mats are placed in their individual spots??? And @Spectre170 has them placed a little off center to make sure the teak lines are lined up??? If these mats cannot be installed symmetrically in their spots, with the "teak" aligned front to rear, then I am going to be in a heap of trouble :(

Honestly, if I received them and the teak lines did not line up when they were installed symmetrically, I would assume they were incorrect and would ask to return them.

I don't see where this is impossible to achieve with the right template and measurements. What am I missing?

What say ye @JetBoatPilot ?

Thanks. Sorry for the hassle...but I am pretty detail oriented and trying to avoid a potential issue in the future...

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Spectre170

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info!
Now, this is a very surprising post.

If I understand correctly, these mats may not be cut so that the teak lines will all line up from front to rear of the boat when the mats are placed in their individual spots??? And @Spectre170 has them placed a little off center to make sure the teak lines are lined up??? If these mats cannot be installed symmetrically in their spots, with the "teak" aligned front to rear, then I am going to be in a heap of trouble :(

Honestly, if I received them and the teak lines did not line up when they were installed symmetrically, I would assume they were incorrect and would ask to return them.

I don't see where this is impossible to achieve with the right template and measurements. What am I missing?

What say ye @JetBoatPilot ?

Thanks. Sorry for the hassle...but I am pretty detail oriented and trying to avoid a potential issue in the future...
@Gumbeaux, I think I confused you. The teak lines line up just fine. The issue is where Yamaha installed the carpet snaps (like the snaps on the stern of my bow carpet were not centered. They are closer to the head compartment about 1/8" of an inch) . The holes are "off center" in some places in my boat (They might not be in yours). So I could have either shifted the SeaDek (1/16" to 1/4" depending on the location) to cover the holes or keep the mats centered like they should be (so the lines match up). The first set of pictures in the post @PaulyB linked is my boat after the install. Also here are 2 pictures that may help out? One shows the partially covered hole (I used an arrow to point it out, most people would never even notice it unless you point it out). The other is showing how the lines match up.

Attachments

JustinJAW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot How easy is it to remove the stock snaps? Or do you? If I ordered the swim platform as well how easy is it to remove the existing SeaDek?

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot How easy is it to remove the stock snaps? Or do you? If I ordered the swim platform as well how easy is it to remove the existing SeaDek?
The snaps just unscrew and I've heard different experiences on the old matting, I bet both of yours will remove pretty easily being newer.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm so close to getting this for my boat. love the look! Just one question, well two really:

First being how well can dirt be cleaned off from this? I'm worried dirt can get ground into the porous surface of the material. It seems like no matter how often i try to make sure peoples feet are clean getting on the boat it never fails they somehow always seem to track dirt into the boat, especially shows up when their feet get wet, leaving muddy foot prints all over my boat :rage:. I try to put a damp folded towel in the step on the rear transom so they can wipe their feet off but still happens.:banghead: I just worry over time the dirt can/will get ground in and be hard to clean off, I hope i'm wrong about this.

Second, how hot does it get? I know the question has been asked but I wonder the difference between the darker color Chocolate over Black (darker) vs. Mocha over Black (lighter color). The standard transom matting on the boat now is dark (looks close to the chocolate over black i think) and does not seem to get hot. Hoping its the same with this stuff? Yamaha is replacing the rear matting on the transom and the front step for the second time because they all started to melt again due to sunlight/heat :rolleyes:. I'm leaning to putting the chocolate over black in the boat because it seems to match the darker color trim on the seats. But the lighter mocha over black looks good too.

Would love feedback from those who have these colors installed.

Thanks!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Yamaha242lsdallas Dirt is not a problem. It doesn't look like it, but it is a closed-cell material. Just the "brushed" looking top part can catch some dirt. Between the wife and the dog, mine gets full of sand and dirt almost every trip out. I just take a bucket of soapy water and semi-soft bristled broom and scrub it down real fast before we put it away. The SeaDek in my boat is almost 5 seasons old and it still looks great.

I have the mocha over black and it gets hot in the sun... (Just to give you an idea, it's not quite as hot as the seats when they're in the sun.) But the great thing is that it cools down fast, and you can just pour water on it periodically to cool it down. Usually there is enough water being brought on from the constant on/off/on/off game that the dog plays that it isn't a problem. Unless it is sitting directly in the sun for a good while, it is comfortable enough to walk on.

Here is an idea what the mocha looks like. I'm also torn between the colors. I love the chocolate, but the mocha really pops from a distance.
View media item 2426

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ Bill D thanks for the response. Is that photo of your boat now after 5 years of use? if so its has held up very well! I also take it that it will not melt in the sun like the stuff Yamaha puts on the transom?

Really tempted especially if it gets to the 30% off! And yes, I do like the mocha look.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is, I took that picture a couple months ago. There are a few small nicks in it, but overall it still looks great. I have only noticed the spots because I get a little OCD. There are also 2 spots where the adhesive is starting to come up on the edges, but just the very edge. Again, I get a little carried away with the scrub brush from time-to-time, so that might be my fault. The Alabama sun affects me more than the Dek. Haha.

This is a picture the original owner took to give you an overall idea of the look.

BOAT-001.JPG

Overall though, I am very impressed with the way this looks after 5 seasons. My friends are all blown away by the look every time we go out. When the time comes, I'll be using SeaDek again. I've been watching this thread to see if it gets over 25%. That was the number I said I would jump in on, even if I can get another year out of what's in the boat.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually that's a great point, good thinking @Bill D For the savings you can probably store a set in a cool dry place to replace an aging set... who knows when we'll have enough for a huge discount again.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what happened to @JetBoatPilot ? There have been a few shout outs to him in this thread over the past few days and no response. I'm interested is some of those questions also...hope he is having fun somewhere!

Last edited: