• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Going through the boats next week. Can't wait to see the new designs!

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the speakers are still 6.5 inch on the new 24 foot models?

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way would I want that AR240 bimini. I have been on boats that you have to reach over the bimini to attach ropes to the tow point and it sucks.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One other change on the 2015s looks to be on the 1.8's. It looks like they went to a composite intake manifold. See the picture from BoatTest.com. Also looks to me like they sealed up the interface between the engine compartment and where the waterboxes are located to reduce noise.
1800 changes.jpg

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bet the composite is to reduce costs. Good find. Maybe we can seal that up ourselves?

242YLS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder if increasing the freeboard will slow her down???

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think it's possible to have a composite manifold? That would have to withstand some extreme temps.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you think it's possible to have a composite manifold? That would have to withstand some extreme temps.
Intake yes... Exhaust probably no! They've been making composite intake manifolds for a long time in cars. Reduced cost, better acoustics in V-6/8 engines, and reduced weight. Probably reduced intake temperatures as well, albeit slightly.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I learn things every day! Thanks for the explanation.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I
I learn things every day! Thanks for the explanation.
X2.

Having just paid my annual "unsecured property" tax (aka luxury tax) of 1.2x % of the assessed value on the boat today, any and all interest that I had in upgrading to a 2015 model is gone. Just the idea that I'd be paying twice as much annually for the luxury of having a newer boat kills me.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OMG! You need to move. All that tax and Cali is still broke??

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it just me or does the sound deadening material applied in the engine compartment look really sloppily applied? Looks like they didn't even bother to cut it to fit properly and that it could just fall off. That's a tacky detail that would not have been hard to get right.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well for starters, I am not a boat designer, engineer, or international company, so the remainder of this is irrelevant, but...

A more robust tower design, higher quality interior for the entire line up, different graphics and colors, remove the bow ladder completely, not spend money on the articulating keel. If slow speed steering is so bad, they wouldn't be selling like mad. Sound insulate the entire lineup, it ain't that expensive. Properly hinge all the seats, upgrade the actual stereo system, not just add a touch command center. Perfect pass anyone? They already have GPS, so... Actual designed storage locations for,the table and legs. A usable anchor locker, although I like that the strut is added.

That's a start. I like a few of things but overall it isn't a big deal IMHO. I hope people love them and buy them, it helps resale...
x2. . . As much as I like some of the upgrades and the look of the forward swept tower, once I got out on the boat this weekend I realized I am completely content with my 14'.

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's the situation, I finally (after nearly 3 yrs) talked my wife into getting a boat. This will be our first boat (I am no stranger to boats, just never owned my own) and all of the research I have done has led me to the Yami. I was in between new and used until I seen the 2015's. I am convinced that if I'm going to take the plunge then I am going to buy the best Yamaha has to offer and the one I believe I will be happy with for many years. I believe the AR240 is probably the best all around boat for the money; however I like the additional features and the better materials used on the LS. I live in Wyoming and the wind is a bit of a concern. I also would like to use the boat for fishing (Trolling specifically) and the straight line maneuvering if it really is a significant improvement on the 2015's I felt was an improvement that I may wish I had on my new boat. I know adding thrust vector's XL would and does help the previous year boats with slow maneuvering but I don't want to buy a used boat then wish I had just paid a little more for the new 2015. I know we are all probably waiting to see some comparison videos and I'm hoping Will at JBP will be the first once he receives his SX. I said all of that to ask this, am I giving to much credit to the articulating keel/rudder? Oh, I also love the suede gray and I think my wife will love it as well, and as all of you married guys already know, happy wife, happy life.

Just so a bunch of you don't start advising me towards a fishing boat, I only want to fish about 50% of the time or less. I have a 16yr old and a 4 yr old, so the activities will vary and change as the years go bye.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's the situation I finally (after nearly 3 yrs) talked my wife into getting a boat.
1. Congrats
2. How? I need help lol
3. Get a 2015 or you might regret it
4. Suede Grey is gorgeous in pictures.