• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You're kidding, right? A 2015 Mastercraft is LIGHT YEARS different from a 2005 Mastercraft. Not so much for Yamaha.
Yep, that 2005 242 Limited S is a spitting image of the 2015 one, especially with the Cobra fins. ;)

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not a big fan of change for the sake of changing.

Yamaha should have addressed the sound issue long ago. Again, it isn't horrible from the factory, but it is something they should have done more than just slapping some foam on the engine hatch and calling it a day.

For the $8000 price difference. The '15 242 LS ought to come with a serious audio upgrade vs the AR240/SX240 , not just better speakers. An amp would be a good start. A sub would be even better.

I despise the touch screen. That thing will be way overpriced for replacements and in a marine environment with sun/water/salt/etc is likely a source of problems.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You're kidding, right? A 2015 Mastercraft is LIGHT YEARS different from a 2005 Mastercraft. Not so much for Yamaha..
That really depends on the model your referring to. Take a 2007 X2 and then compare that to a 2014 X2. It's the same damn boat. Just different towers. Do the same with a x14. Or better yet - compare a vintage x45 to a 13' X45 - same boat.

Let's see. My buddy traded in his 2004 Maristar for a 2012 x25

For starters , 2004 cost $48k - 2012 cost $93k
2004 ran like a top. With maintenance, never gave him a problem. 2012 has been 1 problem after another.

Last edited:

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I stopped by our local Mastercraft dealer today looking at a new wakeboard. It wasn't too many years ago a loaded Mastercraft would top out under 100K. Now they can easly get to 160k. Also price any other 24' boat with similar options as the limitedS and you will quickly be north of 70K. Add the bravo 3 for low end pulling and good luck staying under 90k. Bottom line ALL boat manufactures are increasing prices above inflation. While I do like the X-star I am srtruggling to see 60k in improvements over 6 years. I enjoy owning a boat and watching my kids learn to wakeboard. For me it is money well spent!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just talked to Will Owen, They will receive a 2015 AR240 on the 16th of this month. Videos will follow shortly. Super nice guy!!
Very much looking forward to this. Enough info has been posted here to get a real feel for the improvements / changes on the 242LS, but that $61K+ sticker is HEAVY.
I'd like to see what you don't get on the SX/AR240 that explains the ~$10K price difference.

TanteHeidi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Nucem140 I think you're right on track w/Yamaha as well-rounded boat. My husband and I almost replaced our Yamaha with a Malibu, and even considered a Regal and Chaparral. We saw this 2015, and may stick with Yamaha afterall. Has been a GREAT boat for our Family. Biggest downside: doesn't make the best wakes for getting big air. Upside, our friends with Regal and Chaparral have had issues, and we have had zero. It is super reliable.

Question for anyone: Has anyone driven the 2015 yet? Is there a noticeable upgrade in handling at low speeds......
I guess that's another downside in jet boat you should know :)
We have the suede gray color and it shows less water marks than our friends with black boats.
Also: new features I'm eager about: ladder in bow (our 2007 only has in back). HINGES in seat cushions! cushions on seats in back swim deck.... and storage in rear for the Tube.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Nucem140
Question for anyone: Has anyone driven the 2015 yet? Is there a noticeable upgrade in handling at low speeds......
Yes, I have spent a couple of hours with one now and it is a HUGE improvement at low speed.

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Nucem140 I think you're right on track w/Yamaha as well-rounded boat. My husband and I almost replaced our Yamaha with a Malibu, and even considered a Regal and Chaparral. We saw this 2015, and may stick with Yamaha afterall. Has been a GREAT boat for our Family. Biggest downside: doesn't make the best wakes for getting big air. Upside, our friends with Regal and Chaparral have had issues, and we have had zero. It is super reliable.

We have the suede gray color and it shows less water marks than our friends with black boats.
Also: new features I'm eager about: ladder in bow (our 2007 only has in back). HINGES in seat cushions! cushions on seats in back swim deck.... and storage in rear for the Tube.
You listed all the reasons why I waiting (not so Patiently) for the 2015. I have heard remarkable differences in slow speed handing when comparing 2015 to any other jet boat. Can't wait to take Williamsone46 up on the test drive he offered.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

If you are not already following it, you may want to check this thread out: https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-2015-yamaha-242-limited-s.3628/

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This is what I was looking to hear! That is huge!!!! On my boat in no wake mode, you have to steer ALL THE TIME to stay straight. If I need to open a beer....I have to be fast!
That's exactly why you install the bottle opener adjacent to the helm.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK- What sells me on this design is that the seat cushions have hinges and are like hatches! I see a mod in my future!