• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 24s are truly a whole new boat. The hull is a whole new mold with the keel being the last 13' of it and then adding the rudder. The intakes have been redesigned to smoothen the water entry. The biggest difference is the quiet ride!! Holy noticeable difference!! It's way more than just sound material. It included sealing up all the gaps in the different layers of the construction. Driving the new 24s was awesome as well. The bay was pretty choppy during my demo time and I went for every monster wave I could find. I thin the boats ride better than before. The added weight and keel makes a difference. The steering is top notch it is just tough to get used to a wheel that makes 1 1/2 rotations compared to the 3/4 rotation of the previous and current 21/19s.
Interesting about the steering. As we're seeing higher res pictures, the differences between the hull (body lines--windshield, swim deck, etc) are becoming more apparent. To say it again, can't way to see some real world video.

2015-Yamaha-side-comparison-v1.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The head / entertainment center looks huge. The extra space should make it easier to use!

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 8.23.08 PM.png

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nm, caught up in the thread and saw it in Pointblank's photos.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does the AR tower utilize the same quick release/pin system as the LS?
No, the AR has the same style bolts the 2014's used.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did 2015 lose cupholders in the bow?
It looks like they went from 4 in the bow to just two. And from two on the swim step to four.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That ar240 Bimini looks worthless! Maybe it is just the angle. I still want to see how all of them stow. I really like the 2013 242 ls Bimini.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No speakers on the swim deck???? That's a step in the wrong direction....

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Does the 15 have the reconfigurable bow like the 14???

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Anyone else notice that they moved the scuper valve. Also it is the same crapy plastic one.

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No speakers on the swim deck???? That's a step in the wrong direction....
Looks like they're still on the 242 so we can add those to the list of differences (and take off popup stainless cleats, which are across the line).

2014-08-26_242_speakers_on_deck.jpg

For the AR240, why do you think they included the JL tower speakers in all of those promo shots? Who needs built-ins when you can make all that money selling aftermarket items! j/k

On a related note, it appears that the Polk PA450UM unit you are seeing on the deck is the system's master controller (as opposed to a simple remote). Looks like a decent system that runs ~$375 for other applications. The Connext screen must be programmed as a secondary controller. Hope the cover that's shown in some of the other shots isn't too easily lost...

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry if this has been covered but did anyone see the weight limit on the AR240? 2700 lbs!!! The 2012 242 I was in last weekend was 1980 lbs.

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Important question (not really), do the 2015's still have the same useless horn? I really need to replace mine.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
15_242_Limited_BowFillerCushion_1024_l.jpg
Does the 15 have the reconfigurable bow like the 14???
Yes and No. They don't have they little cushions that hung under the seats that flipped up anymore.