• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

rlora

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for sharing!

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! Those are all the pics I had. Would love to see some more--especially video--from anyone who attended Miami.

I'm still on the fence about picking up a '14 242 Limited S or holding out for a '15. At least one dealer here in the South is blowing out their '14 inventory for $50.5k + TTL, any color, with 2.99% available. That's a legit price but I'm tempted to hold off for another week to see what Yamaha rolls out in September.

Regarding 2015, it looks like only the 242 Limited (non-S) has the off-white hull or is that just the lighting? My family doesn't wakeboard (yet) and wife and I really prefer the look of the off-white non-S. Is it easier to get the cover on/off without the wake tower in the way? It'll be kept in a covered boathouse but too many spiders, birds, and other critters to leave bare. Has anyone purchased a 242 Limited (any year) and regretted not going with the S?

rlora

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks! Would love to see some more--especially video--from anyone who attended Miami.
x2

I'm still on the fence about picking up a '14 242 Limited S or holding out for a '15. At least one dealer here in the South is blowing out their '14 inventory for $50.5k + TTL, any color, with 2.99% available. That's a legit price but I'm tempted to hold off for another week to see what Yamaha rolls out in September.
I'm on the same "boat" :)! Stopped by a dealer yesterday in Miami to see if by any chance they had a new one, but not yet...they said they will start getting them in about two weeks. The did have 14's LS and were asking $51k.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Pointblank the Yacht Blue Limited S has the off white as well.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm digging the ghost grey LS. Great pics. Love th hinged seating. That might be the biggest, most functional improvement to these boats, IMO.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really like the look of the blue SX240. Does anybody know whether the graphics are finally in the gelcoat or are they still decals? I hate decals.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! Those are all the pics I had. Would love to see some more--especially video--from anyone who attended Miami.

Regarding 2015, it looks like only the 242 Limited (non-S) has the off-white hull or is that just the lighting? My family doesn't wakeboard (yet) and wife and I really prefer the look of the off-white non-S. Is it easier to get the cover on/off without the wake tower in the way? It'll be kept in a covered boathouse but too many spiders, birds, and other critters to leave bare. Has anyone purchased a 242 Limited (any year) and regretted not going with the S?
There are several members with the Limited model, but is seems like they were more popular before the 2010 redesign. It might just be my impression, but we rarely see members buying the Limited compared to the LS. I think the Limited may have appealed to a bunch of people who had boathouses or garages that had lower doors and couldn't get a tower to fit. I believe in 2012, the LS and AR240 became collapsible and this may have taken away some potential sales of the Limited. Just based on posts here, it also appears that there is significantly higher demand for used LS's as opposed to Limited's, so resale value/demand might be another thing to consider.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You're missing the point.

I never said I was begging for a supercharger. I'm saying the premium flagship boat should have the a premium flagship engine The 242 has the same engine as the 240, then what are you getting for the extra $8,000 difference?
The 212's have an upgraded engine over the 210's. Why shouldn't the 242 should have an upgraded engine over the 240. ESPECIALLY since there is a $8,000 price difference.
I'm still with @maboat on this. That is at least make superchargers an option if not the only engine available on the 242s to better distinguish them from the 240s. Just like auto manufacturers do. For instance the camero SS vs. the RS. Honda has/three variants of each model (dx, lx and ex). Since the mph on supercharged engines is what it is just include a bigger fuel tank on supercharged models. Let the consumer decide if they want to take the fuel hit or not as they do in the case of the camero, corvette are the same way aren't they (that is the king of the hill and the sting ray have more powerful engines than the base model otherwise few would pay the premium for a few modified body panels).

I'm no spend thrift but I'm also not one to be concerned with the price of gas on a pleasure boat. If I was I wouldn't own a pleasure boat since my money would be put to use on necessities instead.

I will also say that for $8k, when someone asks me what the difference is between my 242 and a 240, I think I should be able to (proudly) say mine has more power, is faster, etc. not just I have premium carpet, a fresh water shower, two batteries and docking lights (which I never use).

Last edited:

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think part of the issue is that the Yamaha model is built around no options and everything is included? I know with most boat manufacturers you have a choice of multiple Merc and Volvo engines, and a lit of options that will make your head spin and send the price through the roof. Outside of a few basic color choices and galvanized vs. steel trailer, I don't know that the mass production business model supports multiple engine choices, but I guess it could. Some might argue that if this is the case, then the flagship should just come with the more powerful engine. I would tend to disagree on this because the LS is the luxury model and the AR is the sport model. Seems to make more sense to put the Horsepower in the sport model than the luxury model.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics @Pointblank . I love the new captains chairs and hinged seats but not enough to trade in what I have. Having just spent three days camping next to the water my boat does everything I need and more. It's also still rare for me to see one on the water with me. I've only seen three others in the almost three seasons I've had her.

I bought used (and plan to continue to do so) and I would have gone with a limited but in the year I was looking for ( 2010 in 2012) the Limiteds only came in blue and I had to have black. The other reason I wanted the limited is because it doesn't have a tower and the 2010 and 2011 ls towers are not collapsible (I have a tight storage situation).

Just looking at the pics the biminis on the new ls are still dinky and don't cover the rear bench. Somethings never change and I think this is one of them. The same is true on the ar, I assume its because a larger Bimini would interfere with the tow rope. Still yamaha could have put a bigger Bimini on these boats and addressed rope interference with a relatively cheap rope extender or a more expensive Bimini extension. If your listening yamaha maybe its time to study how much owners are sitting at anchor as opposed to towing from the tower.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife just gave me the approval on purchasing a 2015 next year if I want. I do like the number of improvements they made on the boat. More creature comforts for sure. Love the hinged seats as that is such a pain. I wonder if they addressed the captains seat bolster? Mine is not good.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @Kevin M, if you trade in or sell.. I'd like to offer up some sort of trade deal for your galvanized trailer vs my painted one. Just keep me in mind!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife just gave me the approval on purchasing a 2015 next year if I want. I do like the number of improvements they made on the boat. More creature comforts for sure. Love the hinged seats as that is such a pain. I wonder if they addressed the captains seat bolster? Mine is not good.
As an owner of a 2010 I would not trade a 2013 for a 2015. I doubt your trade-in will go down that much or your enjoyment will go up that much to have to deal with new production issues. The current model was fairly bullet-proof by 2013 but that was not the case in 2010. There were a lot of little fixes (and a few big ones) that had to be done.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's my list.

- carpet $500 value
- tower $2,000 value
- lighting $1000 value
- upholstery $1,500 value
- trailer lights $200 value
- stereo $1,000 value
- shower $750 value
- seadeck $300 value
- handles $250 value
- steering wheel $100 value
- dual battery kit $400 value

That's around $8000 in upgrades. An AR240 is $53,5 & a 242 LS is 61,5 so thats 8k difference in price. Seems pretty close to me.

edit - as I have remembered items I have added them.
Looks like the LS has cushions on the swim deck too....(perhaps that is in the upholstery #?)

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm really digging the ar240 !!!! I want one !!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Ronnie I agree with you about the biminis...WAY TOO SMALL if they are the same as prior years! Those of us in the south need a HUGE bimini, and an optional simple extension to the swim deck and bow!!

The fold up seats are great!
The storage on the swim deck is nice.
The sound proofing will be sweet.
The rudder/keel will improve handling.

As for adding the rudder to the older boats....already been done (so no patent infringement issue with Yamaha there-if the one below was patented, there would be an issue there):

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I stayed away from this site for the dealer meeting because I really wanted to enjoy the time in Miami with the wife and to really get into these new boats. The 24s are truly a whole new boat. The hull is a whole new mold with the keel being the last 13' of it and then adding the rudder. The intakes have been redesigned to smoothen the water entry. The biggest difference is the quiet ride!! Holy noticeable difference!! It's way more than just sound material. It included sealing up all the gaps in the different layers of the construction. Driving the new 24s was awesome as well. The bay was pretty choppy during my demo time and I went for every monster wave I could find. I thin the boats ride better than before. The added weight and keel makes a difference. The steering is top notch it is just tough to get used to a wheel that makes 1 1/2 rotations compared to the 3/4 rotation of the previous and current 21/19s. The Connext system is very cool and has a lot of features built into like auto blower and bilge. I already talked to them about the lighting page and it needs to be able to handle the adding of LEDs and underwater lights.

The big debate about if the limited models are worth the extra $$ is not as tough as it seems. The interiors fabrics are different material and the seat overall are not the same. There are headrest and side bolsters built in that are not on the sx/ar. The rear seating pads are extra money. The addition of sea deck instead of hydroturf. the extra speakers. The addition of the colored side panels near the grab handles. LED navigation light. The carpeting. there is more and it all does add up. There are people who will not spend the money but there are plenty of people who will want something better than the stock. IMO the Suede Grey 242LS is absolutely gorgeous! Probably one of my favorite color combos.

Let's talk about the other boats as well. All the "2" boats (192/212) got an upgrade in extra upholstery and side compartment accents. I like the added cushion on the front bow areas. The embossed model numbers are pretty cool as well. I was excited to see sea deck on the 212 boats as well. The 192 boats got some added hydroturf on the side of the swim decks. Not really sure why but it doesn't look horrible. We are already getting our first load of 2015s in tomorrow. a couple of 19 and a sx210. I can't wait for the new 24 load to come in hopefully this week or next week. The showroom will be getting a few new additions in it shortly! I have some more pictures I need to post up on the web as well that I took of the boats on display.

Top Color combos
1. Suede Gray 242LS
2. 212SS in white/black
3. AR240 in white/black/blue accent or white/suede gray/orange accent
4. SX190 ( I think they nailed this graphic design! )

Not so Hot
1. SX192 both colors
2. AR210 both colors

I feel like these just don't have the jazz that some of the other boats do