• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 212x - Possible New Owner - Check my deal?

_jay_

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Long time lurker, first post...Looking for a family boat - Mom, dad and 2 girls (7 and 10).

Any feedback on this deal for a new 212x.

$47450 + TT = $50,732 OTD

Boat, galvanized trailer, Coast Guard package (4 PFDs, throw cushion, fire extinguisher), battery, 1/2 tank of fuel.

Extra year of warranty.

Any thoughts?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have any input on pricing but I want you to be aware there is rumor of Yamaha redoing the 212X for the 2017 model year coming out in August.
Enjoy the process of finding a boat for your family. You will a lot of fun when you finally get on the water.

_jay_

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the info... This will be a deciding factor in my decision. This did concern me.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let me emphasize it is only rumor. Of course my wishful thinking may be helping spread the rumor.
Do you feel you have to get on the water this season?

_jay_

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Have to... Naah - want to yes. We looked a few years ago, but decided to hold off and let the girls get a little more skilled in the water.

I would hate to buy and then see a redesign.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha will announce the 2017s close to the end of August.

I recently noticed that the new TR1 engine has been EPA certified for use in a boat. This makes me guess that we will see a replacement for the 210 series which is not currently available perhaps as a 2016.5 model instead of a redesigned 212.

For $50K at this time of year I would be looking for a leftover or used 2015 AR240.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm waiting, my next boat I'm going to have for a long time (don't want regret a purchase)!

_jay_

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks guys, good food for thought. I will look this direction.

Any leads on a East coast 2015 leftover. I am in Central PA. Just scoured Ebay, Craigslist, and Boat Trader. Any other good resources to look at?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As Bruce mentions, for your kind of money your getting very close to 2015 AR240 territory. Not sure if a 212 is your choice because size, getting into a garage etc, but if you go to a 240 you won't be disappointed, plus 2015 was a massive upgrade year for them.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my 2 cents...you hold out to see if they are going to redesign/upgrade the 21s till August(1 boatless summer), then they announce, so you have to wait till spring- summer to get your new model. Dealer: "well its suppose to come in before July but they had issues with the trailer manufacturer...blah blah blah, so it might be by August" 2 boatless summers down. With every new design there are bugs to work out that they either have to modify on the next year model or correct a design flaw, so then your stuck with the original design. Ideally imho you want to wait a year after the new model comes out to get the possible corrected final product, so you've missed out on 3 summers..I live in the NE , maybe you don't have to worry about that and live in all year around boating weather. So get the 21 that you want and in a couple of years they will have definitely redesigned and true tested the new model and order a new one, (maybe you'll want a 24 by then, you'll have to fit your daughters boyfriends by then) while still enjoying your current boat....its only money.

Good Luck with your decision!

Happy Boating!