• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 242X Stereo

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm trying to change the series wiring to parallel on both left and right channels the amp is not rated for an 8ohm load, that's how its wired form the factory it is rated for a 2 ohm load and that's what it will have when hooked in parallel. I have already hooked up an additional sub woofer and the base output has been increased dramatically. The only reason they may have done the series wiring from the factory is that the mid and high frequency would overpower the single sub woofer and sound out of balance. Take that same subwoofer and put it in an enclosed car and the natural resonance of the small space creates an increase in sound pressure level . The sound wave at low frequency is very long at 80hz its over 14 feet long when trapped in a car it sounds great when fired into the free air it needs a lot more power, size or quantity to sound the same. Now that I have more base I wanted to create more mid and highs to match it. I think i have it figured out I will post my results

Last edited: