1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

2017 212X stereo settings

Discussion in 'Electronics-Stereo/GPS/Chartplotter/Electrical etc' started by Dave burke, Jul 22, 2017.

1. octavio3311

octavio3311 Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +1,518 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    My 212x is a 2013 - it didn't come with any amps. I added everything.

I'm sure your Polk 5000.5 is fine - your system just needs to be tuned properly.

2. Dave burke

Dave burke Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    That was certainly my experience. I couldn't believe how bad the amp settings were.

3. geohil

geohil Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    Anyone have a wiring schematic for the 2017 X? I'm trying to figure out how a 5-channel amp is running 7 speakers? Bow x2, Stern x2, tower (2 channel), Sub.
    I want to add a second sub, helm speakers, and possibly another set of towers, but I'm thinking maybe properly driving what I have and only adding helm and a second sub (with another 5000.5) could work.
    Thanks!

4. Dave burke

Dave burke Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    Are you sure you only have 7? Mine has 2 bow, 2 beside the rear seats, 2 swim platform, plus the tower bar and sub. When I was tuning my amp, I figured out that the 2 bow and 2 rear seats where on the front two channels of the amp and the swim platform and tower bar speakers were on the 2 rear channels.

Don't have a wiring schematic (although that would be great to see), just figured this out by moving the fader and balance sliders in Connext.

5. geohil

geohil Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    You are correct - I missed the rear seat speakers. So each set of 4 speakers is splitting 70 watts RMS? Seems low.

6. Dave burke

Dave burke Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    Sorry, how do you get 70? I thought the HU was 200 watts and the amp was as well

7. geohil

geohil Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I got that info here: https://www.polkaudio.com/products/pa-d50005
    From what I see our units are not wired bridged so that would be 70 watts RMS.

8. Dave burke

Dave burke Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I know enough to be dangerous so if I've got what you're saying is that even though the HU is 200 watts, since all the speakers are being driven by the amp, we're not getting any power from the HU?

9. geohil

geohil Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I guess I need to see the wiring diagram. I thought all our speakers were being driven by the amp. I didn't even think about the head unit (Connext).
    Anyone know?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  10. geohil

geohil Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    Anybody have a wiring diagram for the stereo? Google has failed me and I have another 5000.5 on the way. Thanks!