• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 "marine sound" rant.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s have you noticed that, with the stock head unit, the radio (fm) is way louder than when using the aux-in. It's like half the volume. Anyone know why? Is it a setting I'm missing?
Yup.
My fm is louder than BT, Aux & xm radio. XM is barely audible even at full volume.
I tried messing with every setting and still the same results.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can easily add external volume control knobs. I installed to line level volume controls, one for the tower speakers and the other controls in boat speakers.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can easily add external volume control knobs. I installed to line level volume controls, one for the tower speakers and the other controls in boat speakers.
I also want to install a wired remote to control the radio from the swim deck. My current stock unit doesn’t have a hookup for a wired remote.

Do you have a link for the line level volume control? Ty

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was wanting a wired remote until I got my Apple Watch. Now I just turn the volume all the way up on the radio, and control the volume and tracks from my watch. (I only use bluetooth audio)

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is like what I used. I removed from the holder and flush mounted them. I will find the pic and post later. Just search pac LC-1 on amazon.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Four Polk DB651s (direct replacement) and one Clarion xc1410 amp to power those. Done.
It will cost you a small fortune: $200 grand total. :D

--
I have the 2018 ar190 with the MA200 head unit. If i were to go about getting this exact setup would I need to swap out the head unit? Would I need to buy additional wires or supplies in order to be able to get this to work? Sorry for the questions but im a total wiring newb and would like to try and do this myself.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the 2018 ar190 with the MA200 head unit. If i were to go about getting this exact setup would I need to swap out the head unit? Would I need to buy additional wires or supplies in order to be able to get this to work? Sorry for the questions but im a total wiring newb and would like to try and do this myself.
I am not the best person to ask (or answer) those questions, but here it is. Polk DBs (651 or 652 or similar) are a direct replacement for the factory (Seaworthy -less) speakers, you can just swap those out, may need to redo some screw holes as the factory does a remarkably $hitty job of that. Done. If you need more volume - proceed to an amp install, and more speakers, etc. etc.
As far as the amp, factory HU stays put but you would need to run some bigger power wire (both red - positive, and black - negative) from the battery to the amp (with a fuse close to the battery - critically important) - as the factory harness is not rated for the power consumption the amp(s) will need. Keep in mind the car harnesses usually come with a very short black wire as those are spliced into the chassis for ground, boats don't have that (fiberglass hull) - so the black and red need to be run all the way (battery-amp).

Most here (who all suffer from the so-called "boater anticipation phenomenon") chose to use bigger wire to start with - in order to facilitate future (radio and other electronics) endavours. Follow an install of someone like @Mainah for best general detail and concepts. One super important thing I've learned is - all stereo components need to be grounded to the same main wire/battery to avoid "ground loops" and other noise - inducing nonsense.

--

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Similar experience when I went to install my new kenwood m328BT head unit. The hole cut for the stock MA200 was terrible with only 2 screws actually holding the head unit in. The new radio would not fit. I got so pissed that I put the MA200 back in to have tunes for the weekend. It sucks that I am going to have to get the dremel out and make the opening larger! BTW...I already mounted the kenwood remote at the swim platform! So I guess I am "ALLin" now! Sucks!!