• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 - Swim deck speakers

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t have any photos of the third battery handy. Here’s a link to a battery mount like was used in my boat.

———

Shoreline Marine Battery Tray 27M -Mount Strap Amazon.com : Shoreline Marine Battery Tray 27M -Mount Strap : Boating Electrical Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

———

The second battery was mounted right next to the original and the third next to the second but ends up being up in the little cavity next to the engine. Kind of a tricky spot to get to and is a little akward when I need to do any maintenance with the batteries. But all in all it works just fine.

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Paul, I have an AR240 that I am going to upgrade the speakers and add amps. I want to add deck speakers but I want to find someone to cut my cushions like yours. I see you live in Oklahoma, I live in OKC, where did you get your cushions altered? BTW, you setup is badass.

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Upholstery Unlimited on Sunnylane. He knocked it out in 24 hours.

SRQAR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is how i did mine on my SX240. I had to have the seats cut about5" to fit my 7.7View attachment 67438 View attachment 67439
I have a 2016 AR240 and deciding between M3 or M6 7.7 JL. What did you choose? Do you think the M6 8.8 could be an option as well (probably needs a spacer)? Thanks in advance! Also, can you pls tell me the upholstery place you had your cushions modified? Loved your install video with Rob. I’m in SRQ just south of you guys.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2016 AR240 and deciding between M3 or M6 7.7 JL. What did you choose? Do you think the M6 8.8 could be an option as well (probably needs a spacer)? Thanks in advance! Also, can you pls tell me the upholstery place you had your cushions modified? Loved your install video with Rob. I’m in SRQ just south of you guys.
I had the M3 in the Jet boat but i went full on M6 on the new pontoon boat. They are louder and carry alot more bass in my opinion. 8.8s would be a strech back there just due to the size of the hole youd have to cut. Elite Auto & Marine Upholstery
(727) 938-1062

SRQAR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the M3 in the Jet boat but i went full on M6 on the new pontoon boat. They are louder and carry alot more bass in my opinion. 8.8s would be a strech back there just due to the size of the hole youd have to cut. Elite Auto & Marine Upholstery
(727) 938-1062
Thanks so much for your quick response! Appreciate the info. Will most likely go for M6 then.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks so much for your quick response! Appreciate the info. Will most likely go for M6 then.
No problem. I put 4 pairs and some 8.8 cans on the back of the pontoon she jams. You said your down in SQR whee is that?

SRQAR240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh I bet that’s plenty of sound power😁👍
I’m in Sarasota (SRQ is the airport code).

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR240 with full JL system including 4 pairs M6 7.7s throughout, 2 of them on the swim deck and I push them all with 200 rms, they scream even at half volume.

My upholsterer modified my rear cushions, looks great...sounds even better.

If you have the power to push them go M6, if not M3 would work.

Attachments