• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR240 full JL Audio upgrade (phase 2)

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the fresh water wash down that came factory which works ok, I'm going to explore this whole tower misting thing though, sounds like it could be really cool..... pun intended.
Ya I think it would be nice too. Only issue on why I haven't really attempted it is how the heck to run a hose from the tank to the tower being inconspicuous. Where Jay has his tank, one would need to cut somewhere in the transom cubby to run a hose to the tank area. Not looking like a pretty picture right now. Now a plug a play system might work. One where you could stow away when it's not in use. But with all of our heads together, I'm sure we can come up with a solution.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya I think it would be nice too. Only issue on why I haven't really attempted it is how the heck to run a hose from the tank to the tower being inconspicuous. Where Jay has his tank, one would need to cut somewhere in the transom cubby to run a hose to the tank area. Not looking like a pretty picture right now. Now a plug a play system might work. One where you could stow away when it's not in use. But with all of our heads together, I'm sure we can come up with a solution.
Just my quick thought on mine (not sure how hard it is to get to) is T off the output line on the pump and run tubing to and up the tower after finding a good small misting jet ( which may be the hardest part). Then just use the normal pump switch to push water. May also end up needing some type of reducer or screen to slow the flow of water. That’ll take some trial and error to figure out if this comes to fruition.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just my quick thought on mine (not sure how hard it is to get to) is T off the output line on the pump and run tubing to and up the tower after finding a good small misting jet ( which may be the hardest part). Then just use the normal pump switch to push water. May also end up needing some type of reducer or screen to slow the flow of water. That’ll take some trial and error to figure out if this comes to fruition.
Now days they have compact misting systems for pretty much any situation. Here are few quick cheap ones below.

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_12071_-1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6oDBid_H2gIVCtvACh2-dQaOEAQYBSABEgKBXPD_BwE

https://www.qcsupply.com/160231-mist-cool-1-4-portable-kit.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6oDBid_H2gIVCtvACh2-dQaOEAQYByABEgLTFfD_BwE

To run tubing up the tower and to the pump unit, a hole has to be drilled somewhere in the gunwale of the fiberglass. Making the hole and tubing up the tower inconspicuous would be the challenge I think. One good setup would be few misters on each side of the tower running approx. 2-3' high on the tower. Giving the back bench seating a nice cooling effect. Or having it run all the way to the "T" Top part of the tower, which would require more tubing. If I don't try to design and attempt something in the next few weeks, I'll probably wait until after lake season to tackle this one.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Found this thread looking for photos of tower mounted m770 or m880 to figure out if I would need the swivel mounts. Appears that the swivels add about one inch further down and wondering if I can get away without swivels. Now I read about this misting idea which sounds really cool and I am going to have to look into.

Back to my question on what do those with newer arched towers and JLs recommend? I am going with one pair of m880s.

As for the misting idea I bet a few outdoor spaghetti plant irrigation fan misters would do the job. Using the ice cold fresh water as the source would not require a lot of volume so a tiny pump running intermittently or a CO2 system could power it. I have the worx battery pressure washer thing and that is awesome for cooling down the seadek on a hot day or infrequently misting people.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with the swivel mounts so I had the flexibility rotate, although I keep them pointed towards the rear 80% of the time as I often back in when I anchor, with the transom pointed towards shore.

Im 6'3", have I hit my head...Yep, do I care...NOPE, does it sound AMAZING, YEP! I will learn to duck, lol

So I dont see a reason to have fixed mounts unless you have something to account for the bow, but I dont think you will hit your head any more with the swivel mounts than the fixed mounts.

You will love the M880s, very nice speakers!!

I like that WORX powershot? Looks like it could come in handy for a variety of things.

When will you install, and what will you run them with?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went with the swivel mounts so I had the flexibility rotate, although I keep them pointed towards the rear 80% of the time as I often back in when I anchor, with the transom pointed towards shore.

Im 6'3", have I hit my head...Yep, do I care...NOPE, does it sound AMAZING, YEP! I will learn to duck, lol

So I dont see a reason to have fixed mounts unless you have something to account for the bow, but I dont think you will hit your head any more with the swivel mounts than the fixed mounts.

You will love the M880s, very nice speakers!!

I like that WORX powershot? Looks like it could come in handy for a variety of things.

When will you install, and what will you run them with?
Will install end of Febuary or beginning of March. My weekends are pretty booked up. Going to run them with brideged m400/4 that I currently used for the subs and taking a gamble on a rockville rxm-t2 for the subs. I have long debated between the rev 10s and the m880/ but decided on the M880s now that we have started surfing and I don’t want to be overly rude to the folks who live in the cove we like to do wake sports in. Hearing well enough when wakeboarding and crystal clear when surfing or just crusing in the cabin make it a better fit for me. Sending more power to the subs plus the m880s should make my system capable of more than I can stand at times. Getting the blessing/request from my wife because she wanted to hear the tunes when she is surfing or wakebaording certainly does not hurt either.

Lion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will install end of Febuary or beginning of March. My weekends are pretty booked up. Going to run them with brideged m400/4 that I currently used for the subs and taking a gamble on a rockville rxm-t2 for the subs. I have long debated between the rev 10s and the m880/ but decided on the M880s now that we have started surfing and I don’t want to be overly rude to the folks who live in the cove we like to do wake sports in. Hearing well enough when wakeboarding and crystal clear when surfing or just crusing in the cabin make it a better fit for me. Sending more power to the subs plus the m880s should make my system capable of more than I can stand at times. Getting the blessing/request from my wife because she wanted to hear the tunes when she is surfing or wakebaording certainly does not hurt either.

Hey Mainah,

So did you go with the M880’s? Fixed or Swivel?
I have a set of each. Have my fixed on the outside and the swivel in the center.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Mainah,

So did you go with the M880’s? Fixed or Swivel?
I have a set of each. Have my fixed on the outside and the swivel in the center.
I went with one pair of swivels. Waiting to detail all of my off season mods in one post. Two pair probably does not even need a sub.