• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR240 full JL Audio upgrade (phase 2)

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy Man, only $100....thats a real win....

Im getting beat up, but its a one time costs for a long term benefit is the only way I can look at it.

I actually used your pic as a reference to show my upholster. When you open that cushion up it has a partial backing and none at the top end for him to re-attach the fabric too.

Anyways Im pleased so far, will see how it turns out when its all finished.
Are you putting 6.5 or 7.7s back there?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy Man, only $100....thats a real win....

Im getting beat up, but its a one time costs for a long term benefit is the only way I can look at it.

I actually used your pic as a reference to show my upholster. When you open that cushion up it has a partial backing and none at the top end for him to re-attach the fabric too.
Yeah my guy used some of the leftover plastic backing that got removed and used it in that void

Did you get I'm done here in Tarpon Springs
No. I had a place 1 mile from my house in Brooksville do it. I actually showed them your pic but their guy wanted to have the grey go all the way down the side

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah my guy used some of the leftover plastic backing that got removed and used it in that void

No. I had a place 1 mile from my house in Brooksville do it. I actually showed them your pic but their guy wanted to have the grey go all the way down the side
Robs crazy ass was talking about 8.8s back there but we looked at mine and figured out they wount fit

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you putting 6.5 or 7.7s back there?
I put 6.5s in the rear, with the towers you can barely hear them, and I probably would point them to the patio area (aka transom) 90% of the time anyways, so the 7.7s I would go with would either go in the bow, or in the cabin and swap a pair of 6.5s to the bow.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put 6.5s in the rear, with the towers you can barely hear them, and I probably would point them to the patio area (aka transom) 90% of the time anyways, so the 7.7s I would go with would either go in the bow, or in the cabin and swap a pair of 6.5s to the bow.
I put the 7.7s 20170428_134132.jpg in this swim deck So the one on the left projects to the right and the 1 on the right projects to the left. In the pods Mounted right above them projects to the rear. That way I can piss everybody off on the beach.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your definitely gonna be louder than most off the rear which is the best part of the boat.

I was gonna add a pair of 7.7s on the tower pointing fwd but probably will just go with 7.7s inside the boat.

How do your subs sound with them venting though the 10" sub grill?

I'll be splitting my subs up putting one under each bench and venting them both....right now my boat rattles like crazy with the seat down.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your definitely gonna be louder than most off the rear which is the best part of the boat.

I was gonna add a pair of 7.7s on the tower pointing fwd but probably will just go with 7.7s inside the boat.

How do your subs sound with them venting though the 10" sub grill?

I'll be splitting my subs up putting one under each bench and venting them both....right now my boat rattles like crazy with the seat down.
I got the IB 10"s so they dont hit as hard as your 12"i am sure. But the vent and box helpslet a little sound out. Its enough to make you feel the bass without taking up to much space

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been chompin at the bit to get around to installing my new equipment on my AR adding from my original system upgrade last year.

Last year I got a lot of direction and insight from member on here and coming out of a 2011 242 LS with a full system needed to fig out a way to increase my overall sound.

I then opted to run all JL as it met all my criteria, and started with six MX650s off a m800/8, two 12w3s in a sealed box off a m1000/1. I actually got 8 of the mx650s but couldn't the 2 on the transom installed last season.

Phase two included some 880 towers and a fine tuning. I'm still a week or two out but this weekend I picked it up from the shop in Lake Havasu, AZ doing the work...a place called Car Toyz and they installed my M800 tower speakers with swivel mounts, running off a m600/6, and the control knobs for tower and subs, along with some LEDs in the tower, and I'm pending a few other small items, including splitting my subs into new ported enclosures under each bench seat with vents.

The installer was top notch and cleaned up all of the hurry work from the original install and tuned it nicely.

More pics to follow...I'll be adding some rgb leds, reinstall rear cushions, and my high pressure shower tank and hose.

The control knobs might be my favorite part...so nice to have independent control.

System is loud and clean just as I hoped. The only remaining mod besides the push button stsrt is how to allocate my last two open channels, since I opted for the 6 channel for pending future expansion.

Final specs eight MX650s off a M800/8, a pair of M880 towers off a M600/6, and two 12w3s off a M1000/1View attachment 70662 View attachment 70663 View attachment 70664 View attachment 70665 View attachment 70666 View attachment 70667 View attachment 70668 View attachment 70669 View attachment 70670 View attachment 70671 View attachment 70672
Can you please post pics of those white 880s!
What did you have in the cabin -before the MX650s? Looking for comparisons w/DB651/2s.

--

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I plan on posting more pics soon, its back at the shop getting a few more items done he wasn't able to finish before I picked it up.

Their longer than wide, and I did hit my head already which I expect at 6'3" but they sound very good....diff than the Skylon HLCD I ran on my 242LS....more natural maybe than just throwing sound...not sure as some of that is personal preference and subject to water activities (I don't wake or surf, just party and chill). Besides that it sounds how i imagined it, sans the final touches like the ported boxes, and final 2 speakers to fill my open channels.

I started with all stock speakers...was gonna try the polks as well but ended up with all JL, and they sound great....I've only pushed the system to 75% but they weren't even close to maxing out and looks sweet too.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Drift Away your subs are IB...why did I see them in boxes or was that something diff?

I'm gonna end up porting my subs so should get more output....I love Bass!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Drift Away your subs are IB...why did I see them in boxes or was that something diff?

I'm gonna end up porting my subs so should get more output....I love Bass!!
The dealer mounted one in the side under the seat. I had a 10" sealed box laying around and figured id put my 2md 10 in that juat to try it out. I did notice the bass was deeper amd you could feel it thru the boat a little more. So i got another box and moved both into boxes. I know thats not how they are ment to be ran but i think they sound better.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting approach....I've heard another member mention the same thing about putting the IB subs in a tiny enclosure and getting solid sound out of them.

I knew I wanted 12s after having a ported 15 on the last boat.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I really want to hear your guys boats. I am happy with my single IB10 lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I typically listen to mostly hip hop and rap I NEEDED the big bass that helps shake the water around me...until I vent these things the boat is mostly shaking when the seat is down

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Go 2 IB, it gets better!!
That is the plan for next summer... along with a tower and tower speakers! I just ordered an amp for my rear deck speakers, and the speakers. Just now have to see how I want to install them. I think you guys have me leaning towards having my cushions modified and put them there, instead of lower. that will be it for this year.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My vote is to modify the cushions like in the pic of the limited, it does cost a lil more but the custom look plus having the speakers up higher to project and stay dry would be advantageous than having them constantly getting wet...protect your investment lol

Attachments