• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 World Record Jetboaters.Net gathering attempt

What lake works best for you. July or August

• Lake Texoma

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Lake Ouachita

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The resort everyone stays at appeared to be between 200-380 a night in the cabins I was looking at for the weekend rate which seemed about the same to me. There maybe cheaper places or cabins but the ones I saw didn't appear to anywhere as nice as the sands. i would have to compare those it staying at big game or blue water both of which run around 100-150 if I remember correctly.
My cottage was $95 a night. Family of 5.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Now for a true world record attempt (unsure what the record is) wouldn't it make more sense for it to be located in Tennessee or Virginia maybe even north west GA somewhere? To put it with in a 6-8 hour drive of a bulk of the members. I don't know what the actual number of members and locations are but it seems a good bulk would be with in 6-8 hours of those places most of the east coast is 12+ hours from Arkansas.
So....
Lake Cumberland?
I mean, it covers that pretty much spot on and is my favorite lake by FAR. We travel 7 hours there and then visit our friends in Shelbyville. It's worth the detour!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So....
Lake Cumberland?
I mean, it covers that pretty much spot on and is my favorite lake by FAR. We travel 7 hours there and then visit our friends in Shelbyville. It's worth the detour!
Wow at over 100 miles long that is my kind of lake holly cow!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wow at over 100 miles long that is my kind of lake holly cow!
And very clear. And rock formations. A fish hatchery. Well, if you want info i tried doing a gathering there this year and only a couple showed for a first year but i posted some pictures from my phone.
20160725_120851.jpg 20160726_150556.jpg 20160724_110424.jpg
They host a huge raft up party and some poker runs as well.
Forget the box anchor though, just tie to the trees or bring a 400 foot rope for the anchor. 6 foot from shore will be 12 foot down or more.
Cliff jumping anyone? My 5 year old couldn't stop!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I kinda hopped my assistant would be a hot boat babe.......... how do you look in a two piece?o_Oo_Oo_O
I was thinking more like a one piece! ;)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce just out of curiosity how many members are with in 200 and 300 miles of lake Cumberland?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
And I tried to overlay the circle onto the user map.
usermap.jpg
It could maybe be shifted to the right to catch the east coast more, but I doubt that the Appalachian's have many large lakes up there.
I dunno, I like it there, which is why we go every year. Several marina's all with camping, hotels, cottages. LOTS of VRBO stuff down there. Awesome cottages there.
Mill Springs is cool to see run on the weekend. Plenty of small towns all around the lake. Lots of cool stuff to visit. Lots of resteraunts on the lake. All Army Corp lake which means it's actually very beautiful and not built up like some small lakes can get.

Lake Ouachita for comparison:
usermap2.jpg
Take into consideration that it IS zoomed a bit more. This means the anchors aren't as cluttered looking. But I don't think the east coast has a chance.
I would LOVE either lake, because IF I go to Arkansas for this, then my Sister in law can come up from Dallas. Twin to my wife! Hey guys, she's single! LOL

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce just out of curiosity how many members are with in 200 and 300 miles of lake Cumberland?
If you are asking about Lake Cumberland in Kentucky current member counts are

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 10.47.36 AM.png

Please note that roughly 1/4th of the membership has entered their location. So the numbers above are likely 1/4th of the actual number of members in the area.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you are asking about Lake Cumberland in Kentucky current member counts are

View attachment 43949

Please note that roughly 1/4th of the membership has entered their location. So the numbers above are likely 1/4th of the actual number of members in the area.
Love that chart!
This explains the huge turnouts for Shelbyville for sure.
Shelbyville, ozarks and table rock have some or a good bit of the same people for sure.
Perhaps we need 3 gatherings at the same time? Simulcast the parties ontobig screens or something, lol!

Looks like Shelbyville is perfect for north half of the country, Ouachita for the south half, and the west.... do they gather?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to do both gatherings next year if at all possible! I am already booked for Shelbyville so we just need a date and lake for the southern gathering.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This explains the huge turnouts for Shelbyville for sure.
Shelbyville has a statistical advantage but it is the people who run and attend the event that make it such a success. So many people have invested so much time into that event for 10 years. What they put together is amazing. Everyone who attends wants to do so again and again. Anyone who has not been clearly does not know what they are missing. As far as fellowship on the water goes Shelbyville can not be beat.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce, thanks for the kind words. The Shelbyville Gathering is successful because of the people and the camaraderie that emanates between everyone. All are welcomed!

With that said, I would definitely love to attend a centralized large scale gathering and meet and mingle with our jetboaters.net family. My problem is that there are so many events that I want to attend and my time during the summer is usually booked up with coaching baseball. I believe I could talk my wife into Lake Cumberland and I have to say the pictures that @Speedling has posted definitely caught my attention. He should work for the Lake Cumberland Chamber of Commerce or Visitor's Bureau. So I vote Lake Cumberland and sometime in the middle of July. If we get this together, I would like to get the dates socialized and finalized as soon as possible. The things I think we all need to consider are the following:

Shelbyville Gathering is 7/26/2017 - 7/30/2017 (This is the 10th year and I want to make it Epic. If there were ever a year that I want everyone to try to attend from all over, this would be the year.)
Neil II graduation cruise 6/25/2017 - 7/2/2017 (Not ya'll's problem, just mine)
Tablerock Gathering is ????????????????? @mattschepker
Bimini Trip is ????????????????? @Bruce and gang

In the future, I would love to see the organizers of the standing events host a planning conference call where we can discuss dates for these events that don't conflict with each other.

I hope this works out!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would like to do Shelbyville but our kids are on a modified school schedule... the dates of this year's gathering were when my kids started school... we will have to get creative to make it happen one year

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We would like to do Shelbyville but our kids are on a modified school schedule... the dates of this year's gathering were when my kids started school... we will have to get creative to make it happen one year
That would be cool if you could make it. The Shelbyville Gathering is always the last Saturday of July, so hopefully it will line up with the kids' schedule soon.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Based on what is already mentioned, I would humbly ask that this attempt not be tried July/August next year.

It is the big 10 year anniversary for Shelbyville and there are already so many events (high quality problem) its going to force people to choose and ultimately dilute both events.

So little time, so many boating events...

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who's up for a post Shelbyville trip to Panama City Beach for the inaugural JetBoatPilot gathering the following week starting Aug 3rd?

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And I tried to overlay the circle onto the user map.
View attachment 43936
It could maybe be shifted to the right to catch the east coast more, but I doubt that the Appalachian's have many large lakes up there.
I dunno, I like it there, which is why we go every year. Several marina's all with camping, hotels, cottages. LOTS of VRBO stuff down there. Awesome cottages there.
Mill Springs is cool to see run on the weekend. Plenty of small towns all around the lake. Lots of cool stuff to visit. Lots of resteraunts on the lake. All Army Corp lake which means it's actually very beautiful and not built up like some small lakes can get.

Lake Ouachita for comparison:
View attachment 43937
Take into consideration that it IS zoomed a bit more. This means the anchors aren't as cluttered looking. But I don't think the east coast has a chance.
I would LOVE either lake, because IF I go to Arkansas for this, then my Sister in law can come up from Dallas. Twin to my wife! Hey guys, she's single! LOL
Susan's Twin...huh!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length