• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 World Record Jetboaters.Net gathering attempt

What lake works best for you. July or August

• Lake Texoma

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Lake Ouachita

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce did you Hijack my poll?
I was lazy and copied the post with pictures to this thread instead of reposting it. The forum software must have demonstrated bias by placing my copied post before your first post.

Do you know why the percentages do not add up to 100? Seems like we have some political math going on?

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was lazy and copied the post with pictures to this thread instead of reposting it. The forum software must have demonstrated bias by placing my copied post before your first post.

Do you know why the percentages do not add up to 100? Seems like we have some political math going on?
maybe someone or someones voted for both?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah that might be a little far for us.. 15 hour drive... not sure the wife is ready for that level of adventure just yet..

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Texoma is probably 3 hours closer to me, but I'd be more into Ouachita. I spent my childhood lake days on DeGray Lake that Bruce mentioned, and have spent some days at Ouachita as well, beautiful water, beautiful area, and lots to do around there.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah that might be a little far for us.. 15 hour drive... not sure the wife is ready for that level of adventure just yet..
I hear @Bruce's driveway doubles as a helipad.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I call dibs on being the official qnd only jetboaters.net employee traveling and promoting the forum... a company vehicle ... a new 2017 e series and a nice handsome salary should do it.. how about it @Bruce. @Julian ... I think it is a great idea!! ;)[flag]
Great idea! You are hired!

We have a slightly unusual compensation "package". Ok.....it's not so much a "package" as it is more of a "bag".....and empty paper bag.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now for a true world record attempt (unsure what the record is) wouldn't it make more sense for it to be located in Tennessee or Virginia maybe even north west GA somewhere? To put it with in a 6-8 hour drive of a bulk of the members. I don't know what the actual number of members and locations are but it seems a good bulk would be with in 6-8 hours of those places most of the east coast is 12+ hours from Arkansas.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still.working on getting her to commit to Shelbyville next year
I have been working on my crew about this one as well and it's closer then the other two mentioned lakes but the flack I keep getting is my crew say they would just rather do a second Bahamas trip next year as the drive is closer and cost looks similar for lodging as the sands.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been working on my crew about this one as well and it's closer then the other two mentioned lakes but the flack I keep getting is my crew say they would just rather do a second Bahamas trip next year as the drive is closer and cost looks similar for lodging as the sands.
Shelbyville lodging is much less expensive than Bimini.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shelbyville lodging is much less expensive than Bimini.
The resort everyone stays at appeared to be between 200-380 a night in the cabins I was looking at for the weekend rate which seemed about the same to me. There maybe cheaper places or cabins but the ones I saw didn't appear to anywhere as nice as the sands. i would have to compare those it staying at big game or blue water both of which run around 100-150 if I remember correctly.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@robert843 I stayed in the most expensive cabin at Lithia this year at 240 a night and last year in a cabin that was about half that, and still very nice. Also big difference from Bimini, I spent less than 100 bucks on boat gas, for six days on the water!:winkingthumbsup"

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I stayed in the most expensive cabin at Lithia this year at 240 a night and last year in a cabin that was about half that, and still very nice. Also big difference from Bimini, I spent less than 100 bucks on boat gas, for six days on the water!:winkingthumbsup"
The main lodge said 340 a night on the web site that was what I was looking at. I think we are coming up anyways as it sounds like a blast. I can't argue the gas at all I will spend more then that just on the return trip from Bimini. One Bahamas trip a year is enough for me unless I lived in Florida I would probably go any weekend the condition were flat.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length