• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Yamaha AR 195 won’t get over 35 to 40 ish.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, it took the dealer nearly two weeks, but they came up with the supercharger clutch. I hope I get it back by the 4th... ;(
That sucks dude. Hope they get it resolved quickly.

If you're near the Louisville,KY area around the 4th we'll get you a ride if yours isn't finished by then.

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Is the supercharger clutch a separate replaceable part on 2018's? The Dealer still has my boat and Yamaha continues to show the parts as back-ordered two weeks out. I see a clutch gear available on ebay for $105 and wonder why I'm losing my summer of boating over this part?

Attachments

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm told the repair is covered under warranty but the part is back-ordered until September. I can find the OEM part through various distributors online but Yamaha wont cover parts or labor if I go that route. So I can pay a couple grand to get my boat fixed now and save some of the summer season or wait on Yamaha and lose the whole damn season. Pretty sorry.

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is the OEM part I'm trying to find should any of you have a relationship with a supplier or dealer.

1625251441027.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks so much. I’ll call first thing when they open to see if they have it in stock.

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Someone asked earlier and I can’t find the thread: my boat engine has 21 hrs and is under the YES warranty. For what good that is.

ReggieCFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Man this is frustrating. I pulled it from the slip cleaned the hull, new plugs oil change, and that seemed to do it for the most part at least for a little while. It started doing it again. I just pulled it from the slip because of the storm and there is some growth on the hull. But it isn't revving above about 7k. The growth should effect that. I adjusted the throttle cable as it wasn't quit hitting the stop, but that didn't do much for it, still unable to get above 40. I think Ill pull the air filter and see what happens. How much was the clutch to replace. BTW The Hydrophase Ride Steady is amazing. Installed it and it holds spot on, even the wife can tow now.

SteveSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The super charger clutch/gear assembly part is $500-600 and about same for labor. Hard to source the part right now as Yamaha is out of stock.

ReggieCFL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think I figured it out. I had to pull her out of the water due to the weather last week. We cleaned the hull with a pressure washer and I pulled the air filter. See attached images. we We’re able to jump up to about 46 very quickly. (By the ride steady GPS, I guess the factory odometer isn’t all that accurate.) I guess I’ll order a replacement filter. Does the old one look that bad? It was discolored but not a lot of dirt etc. in it. Glad it wasn’t the super charger clutch.

Attachments