• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 210 FSH “Dixie Highway” build...join me on the voyage

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok boys (and girls), I have about 9 days until I pick up my new 2018 210 FSH. Friday, April 12th is D-day, and I couldn’t be more excited. I have a list of things I’m going to do to the boat, either right off the bat or eventually, that I’ve been planning since I put my deposit on her September last year. Yes I might be a masochist, but I made it the 6 months without killing anyone. So far, I plan to add or modify the following...

1. Cobra Jet Super Magnum AK fins with Mega Fang Pluses
2. Android tablet with Ram mount for Navionics plus as navigation, integrating with-
3. Raymarine Wi-Fish for sonar. This should tie in to the Navionics app as well.
4. Standard Horizon 1700 GPS VHF radio w/8’ Shakespeare Centennial antenna. Flush mounted in the console.
5. Upgraded courtesy lighting in gunwales as well as a “dome” light above the console.
6. Go Light remote control 200,000 candlepower LED spot on the front of the T-top, and some flood lighting out the back. As spreader/docking lights.
7. Air pump mounted in battery compartment for towables.

If you care to see what happens, follow along with me as I install this stuff! Advice and constructive criticism is always welcome, sometimes I struggle with over thinking a solution or even coming up with a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist. Full disclosure, I’m also not an engineer but I can usually come up with some function over form, yet elegant solutions. In addition, this thread will have a title change once my new boat is here, with her name in the title. Some of you may have seen it in a thread months ago, but I won’t reveal it here until the name is on the transom.

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So in order, we have the fins, the individual Ram components for the tablet mount, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6” I’ll be using as a display.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Liveto99 I have a hint of OCD (or more if you ask my girlfriend) so this will most definitely be a top notch install.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here she is boys... coldest boat delivery on record maybe, but we’re on the way home!

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I can't even imagine that...We took delivery last March 10th, 2018. It was near 80 so we took delivery at Lake Tarpon. congrats and have fun.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, I had this date set up for a couple weeks. Last weekend it was 70 and beautiful. Yesterday it was 38 and there were snow piles in spots. I’m really looking forward to leaving the upper Midwest behind...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is the ram mount a removable or permanent setup? Like a suction cup to take the whole thing off or is the mount secured and you can just remove the tablet?
Either way great for security!
Looking forward to seeing it in use!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The mount itself is bolted to the console, and the tablet locks into a spring loaded cradle. Very easy to just pop the tablet out at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So the mount itself is bolted to the console, and the tablet locks into a spring loaded cradle. Very easy to just pop the tablet out at the end of the day.
I have the suction cup mount and have it on my boat windshield and was impressed with the product and now i use it in my trucks because i swap between 3 for work. You have a good idea for sure there.
Hope the fsh turns out awesome. Keep us updated on the mos and usage!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

The console so far. I got the VHF and tablet all mounted up today and wired. I haven’t worked on the WiFish yet, that’ll be a job for tomorrow or Monday since it’s supposed to snow tomorrow. Ugh. Anyways, I’ll get some more shots of the tablet and possibly the sonar if I can get this thing in the water.

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
68A506BC-F472-40D0-ABD4-ED404299F2D8.jpeg4B0FC9E3-55E3-4233-8E34-25EEFBDA542C.jpeg

The mirror mounted up. Boat mirrors are ridiculously expensive, this is listed as a “UTV/golf cart mirror”. Came with 3 mounts for 1.5”, 1.75”, and 2” bars, this one is 1.5”. If I had to buy it again, I’d look for maybe a wider one with more curve to it. This will work though.

Last edited:

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
lol... you said snow!!!!...Probably be 90 here....looks great by the way..

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks. I envy your weather, if it was 90 here I’d have been on the water instead of installing accessories lol!

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wife was out of town this weekend so me an the girls (my 13 and 10 year olds) got sunburned...I love living life were we have to have a budget line for sunblock!! They are in bed past out now!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks. I envy your weather, if it was 90 here I’d have been on the water instead of installing accessories lol!
You coming to shelbyville this year? I just wanna see the boat!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Depends on how the schedule goes, if anything it might be a day or 2.

Todd Olm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. I saw it when I stopped in the other day to talk with Corey. She's beautiful!

Mine is due to arrive any day now. Gotta say the 5" of snow the other day and current 38 degree temperature put a damper on the excitement though!

You had shared the mirror we had spoke about. From your comments it sounds like you'd try to find a different one if you had to do it over again?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks! I’m really happy with my entire experience with those guys, Corey, Chris, and Troy. All very helpful and willing to serve the customer. As for the weather, we didn’t get any of that snow a few days ago but today my boat is sitting there with 2-3 inches of it on the cover. I’m getting pumped for warm weather. I’m not UNhappy with the mirror, but I’d like if it gave a wider view behind. Something wider with more curve, like this one:

u-Box Side by Side Mirror UTV - Wide Rear View Race Mirror Convex Mirror Amazon.com: u-Box Side by Side Mirror UTV - Wide Rear View Race Mirror Convex Mirror: Automotive