• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 210 FSH “Dixie Highway” build...join me on the voyage

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

A successful trip! No mishaps, aside from loosing a few things in the wind. I need a new hat, new American flag for the antenna (Taylormade clips are garbage!!!) and a new dust cover for the VHF. Oops. Anyways, love love love this boat! Handled very well, lake kicked up with some afternoon wind causing some 1-2 foot waves on a normally glassy lake. Broken in as per the manual, ran out 45 mph with 3 of us on board (water speed, gps said 38 kts) with full fuel and a tailwind. Now I know why you all are so happy in the summer!!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very happy with my Cobra system. Very well built for sure!
Agreed. I was concerned whether I should have gotten the Ultimate system instead, but from what I can tell this makes the boat handle similarly to an outboard. Sunday started out fairly calm, but after a couple hours the wind kicked up as did the chop. The lake we were on is fed by a river, no longer at flood stage but pretty full nonetheless, which means the current at the ramp I used was pretty swift. Docking there and loading/unloading was not a problem.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did a little mod today while cleaning her up after “Flypocolypse 2019” last Saturday. Seems either Mayflies or some other lake flies are hatching at our local lake. The bugs were disgusting, anything under 8mph and they’d swarm. Anywho, decided to try the “ribbon delete” to see what I can get out of her. Oddly, I have been unable to find any results or how to for the TR-1’s. It ended up being a real PITA, but they came out eventually. Basically, you have to destroy them to get them out. Not like I’d ever put them back in...I’ll update you all with on water testing this weekend. Depending on weather it’ll be either Lake Michigan or we will head south to Carlyle, maybe idk yet. Weather looks iffy here. More to come, and a Wi-fish/Navionics Plus tablet update as well.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
what is a ribbon delete?
There are these mesh “ribbons” in the intake that are designed to arrest any spark or flames from an intake backfire in the engine. Extraordinarily rare in a fuel injected engine, but a USCG requirement nonetheless. These ribbon appear to be somewhat restrictive to airflow, so the thought is removing them should help performance a tad. I have no empirical evidence of this, but the boat feels peppier without them.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
There are these mesh “ribbons” in the intake that are designed to arrest any spark or flames from an intake backfire in the engine. Extraordinarily rare in a fuel injected engine, but a USCG requirement nonetheless. These ribbon appear to be somewhat restrictive to airflow, so the thought is removing them should help performance a tad. I have no empirical evidence of this, but the boat feels peppier without them.
Sorry to go left field... what's involved in a ribbon delete on a 2019 210 FSH? My search foo is bad and I'm not finding anything specific.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Zeusmotorworks you won’t find much info out there, I looked and looked to no avail. If you can get down to pulling the throttle body you’ll see the issue with the TR-1’s. The section that holds the “ribbons” in is molded into the intake. The ribbons sit in a molded enclosure, with a rubber gasket around them. I had the most luck using a screwdriver and actually prying them to “compress” them enough to pull out of the plenum. It takes a lot of prying all around the outside, section by section, to get the ribbon small enough to finally spin and pull out. When you’re done, make sure you also remove the rubber ring that sat around the ribbon. I can’t stress that enough, it will get sucked into the engine otherwise. One thing you’ll want to remember is on the TR-1 this is an irreversible procedure. The ribbon must be destroyed to get it out, and I don’t see how you’d get a new one back in. I’ll also say be very careful with prying, there’s a channel for an o-ring behind the throttle body, and if you bend it you won’t be able to seat that o-ring properly. If I could go back in time, I don’t know that I’d spend the time. The boat feels “peppier”, but I didn’t measure any objective data before and after to compare. Top speed seems the same, I don’t think I gained any rpms though the one trip I made since then had more crew on board than ever before, plus it was very windy and rough. Jury may be still out.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thank you Sir for your honest feedback.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No problem

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did the 10 hour service today. At over 10 hours a bit. Also figured I’d show my fender holders and makeshift throttle sync device. All 4 fender holders and throttle sync device cost about $5.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Took her to Florida this week. Navarre to Destin, Navarre to Pensacola for dinner. Came back about 20 miles in the dark. So far it’s been a blast having this thing down here in its natural habitat! Lots of compliments, parked next to a black 2019 210 FSH tonight at Flounders. Haven’t seen any others. Did have my first set of issues mechanically, beached the boat and when we went to leave I didn’t push it out far enough. Must have sucked some sand in the cooling system, got both check engine lights and boat wouldn’t rev past 3100. In the dark. Crap...recalled reading about similar situations here, so I shut them down, they started back up and ran fine, but still had check engine lights for the 20 mile return trip. Pissers both had good streams, no issues so I ran them. Back to the ramp, shut down to load and started back up, no lights. So far that’s been it though, handles like a dream. Feels small among these 30’ CC’s!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway Any word on how the ribbon delete helped the TR-1's. No real need for the info other than curiosity on my part.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah maybe I mentioned it in another post, but I’d say no quantitative improvement. I’d say the boat “feels” punchier midrange, but no change to top speed or fuel efficiency.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So a month or so ago I decided trim tabs were necessary on my boat. My GF had a back injury that required surgery, this put a damper on our season but I figured next year this will make things smoother. I bought a generic 12x12 Lectrotab kit with the SLC-11 controller. This is a fully manual control with auto retract and indicators. I did have to modify the tabs a bit, shortened the chord of the tabs and going to weld them on the ends for a wider shorter tab. I also ended up with the regular actuators producing a very long throw. Got to try them out today on Lake Michigan, boy what a difference! This is by far the #1 mod I should have done from the start. I’ll post some pics up once I find them.

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I may have missed it, what VHF antenna and mount system did you end up using? And I like your fender system. I saw something similar (white pipe) and was actually looking for that one when I found yours.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA