• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha AR210 vs. 212 Limted S ??

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would consider myself a horrible negotiator especially when I find something I really like. I would just attribute that to buying at the end of the season up here right when the next years models were being delivered to the dealerships. The dealership we went to had it listed at that price so really just went and looked at it and asked for them throw in the cover and store it till spring. It was really nice to find a place that didn’t charge for delivery, rigging or whatever they call those extra fees. They also threw in a coast guard safety package. (I have no idea what that will entail might be one crappy life jacket for all I know) I had been reading this forum for 2 years knowing I wanted a Yamaha and all you guys help guide me to the boat I love. I really thought I wanted that black over blue AR210 but after seeing the details and fit/finish of the limited we went for that. I felt like I knew more about the boat than the salesman. This forum and cumunity has to be one of the best parts about owning a Yamaha.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any 21 ft w/rudder members have recommendations if steering assist devices are needed? Pretty sure going to purchase cobra fins they seem to help the transition from IO/ stern drive to jet. My main reason for wanting before trying without is the place I boat most is a river with current so don’t want to lose my mind or ruin my honeymoon phase of the new boat with horrible launch/ recovery operations.
There is a lot of info out here!
If you ask me - Cobra fins and MEGAs, no question about it. Assuming you are into water sports - you want the fins down at speed for stability and crazy hard curving. And I mean: crazy hard turns, no slipping sideways. Like: you need seat belts to stay at the helm... crazy.
The MEGAs make the reverse usable, which is otherwise useless. I posted some observations on that based on my own testing - here (mostly in post#20):
https://jetboaters.net/threads/mega-fangs-cobra-ak-power-steering-doughnuts-in-reverse.15877/

--

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is a lot of info out here!
If you ask me - Cobra fins and MEGAs, no question about it. Assuming you are into water sports - you want the fins down at speed for stability and crazy hard curving. And I mean: crazy hard turns, no slipping sideways. Like: you need seat belts to stay at the helm... crazy.
The MEGAs make the reverse usable, which is otherwise useless. I posted some observations on that based on my own testing - here (mostly in post#20):
https://jetboaters.net/threads/mega-fangs-cobra-ak-power-steering-doughnuts-in-reverse.15877/

--
Done ordered them up! Thanks

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know I am on an old thread but I have been poking around looking for info. I am 95% sure I am going with the 212 LTDS over the AR210. But, my decision was based mostly off of power and the additional electronics and better stereo and controls. But, I did not realize they had two different towers. Can someone please explain? Thanks!!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tower on the 210 has metal tubes all the way down to the gunnel (I think that’s the right term) and secures using a screw. I believe the reports of towers failing and falling are the AR type screw in towers. The limited tower has a white base kinda that it hinges in and secured using a large pin. Makes it easy to raise and lower quickly. I’ll take photos of my LTDS when I get home shortly.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! You just continue to be a wealth of information for me during this process!!!!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I went through the exact same thing last year. There is a ton of info on the 24ft line and since the 212 LTDS was new last year there was quite an amount I had to dig. End of the day I’m extremely happy I went with the 212 over the 210. I added an amp to the stock Polk speakers and wetsounds soundbar which sound awesome. The snap in marine mat is extremely nice. The chairs on the 212 over the low chair and bench on the 210 I really enjoy for the comfort. Some people might like the bench more but my wife turns her seat around and reclines which might be the most comfortable thing in the world haha. Don’t hesitate to ask anything I’m happy to try and answer

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am SOLD on the 212 for sure. Just got to make sure I can shoe horn that thing in the garage! (Thanks again for your help on that as well!!!)