• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR 190

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you seeing 45mph on GPS/ridesteady or the Yamaha analog speedometer?
Saw 45 on GPS ONCE. Most commonly I'm closer to 40mph, sneaking to 42mph on occasion.

I've verified GPS with the paddle wheel/digital Speedometer all the way to 42mph on several occasions. No reason to think the paddle wheel isn't accurate (aside from water current skeweing the results). The analog speedo is not well marked and more for general idea of speed and decoration really.

Stock tach is not calibrated well either. Reads higher than the digital tach by a few hundred RPM.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the lucky13 cone come with installation instructions? Haha I will probably need a YouTube video on how to install.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw 45 on GPS ONCE. Most commonly I'm closer to 40mph, sneaking to 42mph on occasion.

I've verified GPS with the paddle wheel/digital Speedometer all the way to 42mph on several occasions. No reason to think the paddle wheel isn't accurate (aside from water current skeweing the results). The analog speedo is not well marked and more for general idea of speed and decoration really.

Stock tach is not calibrated well either. Reads higher than the digital tach by a few hundred RPM.
Interesting, I feel like my 190 really lacks in the top speed department. WOT I can usualy only get 35 (RS-GPS) no matter what. The old analog used to hit ~50MPH at WOT but that was a lie. Hoping for better results with a new impeller and some L13 tweaks. Anything in the 40's would be really nice.

How much weight do you normally have when you hit 42mph?

Does the lucky13 cone come with installation instructions? Haha I will probably need a YouTube video on how to install.
Install is easy, it have a guide. 3 bolts on the cone and you are good to go. I think there is a Youtube video out there

Inlikeflinn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting, I feel like my 190 really lacks in the top speed department. WOT I can usualy only get 35 (RS-GPS) no matter what. The old analog used to hit ~50MPH at WOT but that was a lie. Hoping for better results with a new impeller and some L13 tweaks. Anything in the 40's would be really nice.

How much weight do you normally have when you hit 42mph?

Install is easy, it have a guide. 3 bolts on the cone and you are good to go. I think there is a Youtube video out there
Don’t you need to remove the pump first?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t you need to remove the pump first?
Yes... My bad was referring more to just the step of changing the cone.. but you don't have to pull the whole pump, just the venturi/steering nozzle. The bearing/impeller can stay. So that makes the steering bolt, shift cable, 4 bolts on the venturi, 3 bolts on the cone.

Check this post for info on pulling the pump, also has torque specs for everything: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-242-s-impellers-and-wear-rings-replacement.18767/