• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy 2019 JetBoaters.Net SeaDek Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot <30% MAX Discount Hit!>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

IslandiaGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
Last time out a flock of geese flew directly overhead as I was heading back to the dock and one had perfect aim and very full bowels. The bullseye hit the center of my carpet and I instantly took it as a sign to ditch the nasty old carpet. Kudos to everypne here for getting us to the 30% off level, saved me nearly 400 bucks! Can't wait to put it in!

H20 skier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
just ordered on Friday cant wait!!.. looks good
Just completed my Seadek install from the group buy.
I was concerned if i would have to fill in the old carpet snap holes but it looks like it will cove them up fine!

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just ordered on Friday cant wait!!.. looks good

I was concerned if i would have to fill in the old carpet snap holes but it looks like it will cove them up fine!
You still want to fill them with something. You don't want water intrusion. Many have used 5200, I used the Spectrum Gel Coat kit. The only two that still show on the 240 series were the two most rear snaps on the stern side of the gas tank.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You still want to fill them with something. You don't want water intrusion. Many have used 5200, I used the Spectrum Gel Coat kit. The only two that still show on the 240 series were the two most rear snaps on the stern side of the gas tank.
I was about to ask about both of these, lol! When I bought my 2015 AR240 the previous owner did an awful job of pulling the factory snaps and filling them with something (maybe 5200). My mats just got shipped today so I'll need to remove the 5200/crap that's there or at least sand it level then pull a few more snaps and fill them properly. However, I'd also use the Spectrum Gel Coat repair kit that color matches the hull on the rear snaps if those are still exposed just so it could look more "factory".

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you use it as is, or did you have to tint it to match the factory white?

RevHiRpms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot what color combination would you recommend that best matches a 2013 212x? Storm gray over black or cool gray over storm? Thanks!!

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you use it as is, or did you have to tint it to match the factory white?
I ordered the kit that matches the factory white. Yamaha white has been the same for many many years, but if you call Spectrum and give them your Year, Make, and Model they will give you the exact number for your kit.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my email in awaiting a response. Swim platform, engine step over, port & starboard bow, and bow boarding mats...so excited!!

H20 skier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up I will get some 5200 and fill them in this weekend.

H20 skier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was about to ask about both of these, lol! When I bought my 2015 AR240 the previous owner did an awful job of pulling the factory snaps and filling them with something (maybe 5200). My mats just got shipped today so I'll need to remove the 5200/crap that's there or at least sand it level then pull a few more snaps and fill them properly. However, I'd also use the Spectrum Gel Coat repair kit that color matches the hull on the rear snaps if those are still exposed just so it could look more "factory".
if you use a counter sink bit on your cordless drill and a light touch you can bring it down smooth and then fill with the 5200 similar to what you would do when prepping for a gel coat repair. I had already started doing it but now i want to try the 5200 instead of gelcoat

Heithoff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer, I sent emails and called but no answer. I may have missed out. :-((

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered a full kit for min with all the optional pads! excited to get it installed

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Supposedly shipped today for a Monday delivery date.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished mine yesterday, very easy install and looks/feels great.

Status
Not open for further replies.