• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 replacement drain plug

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well I got tired of the leaky plastic plug that Yamaha decided to used on theses boats it would go in crooked and leaks , so finally I found a replacement for $9 fits puuuuurfect and it’s was dry after pulling the boat from the water.
Fits 1'' Hole Garboard Drain Plug 316 Stainless Steel Boat Thread for 3/4'' on eBay. Only the screw part fits but for the Yamaha fish you can replace the whole stuff.F147C508-F055-49CE-9B82-7DA212F37216.jpeg

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I got tired of the leaky plastic plug that Yamaha decided to used on theses boats it would go in crooked and leaks , so finally I found a replacement for $9 fits puuuuurfect and it’s was dry after pulling the boat from the water.
Fits 1'' Hole Garboard Drain Plug 316 Stainless Steel Boat Thread for 3/4'' on eBay. Only the screw part fits but for the Yamaha fish you can replace the whole stuff.View attachment 92349

Link??

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fits 1'' Hole Garboard Drain Plug 316 Stainless Steel Boat Thread for 3/4'' on eBay. Only the screw part fits but for the Yamaha fish you can replace the whole stuff.View attachment 92349
You replaced the whole assembly? I guess the female portion on the boat is plastic too, probably? Do you have to get to the inside of the boat at all? Or, do it all from the exterior? What kind of sealant did you use?

Thanks!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
on the 2019 the female part is part of the whole assembly so you cant swap that 1, just the male part, which with the oem if not carefull will screw in Croocket. On the FSH which my frien has the whole thing is plug and play, his oem part didnt even have any silicone.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you take a pic with it installed on your boat? I’m not sure this will work for me. My drain plug seems molded in to the articulating keel assembly???

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I’m like @BigAbe75 the female side is part of the whole Articulating Keel assembly. But was wondering if the male side would fit in the OEM female side?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see this ships from From Shanghai, China. Is that $9 before the 25% tariff or after?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ordered one a week ago, it was projected to arrive May 26-June 9, so we shall see if it shows up lol.

jimboslice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just put two of these on my 2019 sx190. They look awesome. I'm throwing the boat in the water tomorrow for the first time this year. We'll see how the new plugs hold up in comparison to the OEMs.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just ordered two on amazon. Amarine Made. May 10 delivery. Thanks I hate the plastic one.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i just ordered two on amazon. Amarine Made. May 10 delivery. Thanks I hate the plastic one.
Please share your experience and link if they work out for you.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ordered this one and tried it this weekend. The thick orange seal was too thick to get it started in the threads, so I put the junk red o-ring from the original drain plug on there. Still couldn't get it to seal all the way though.

1588608869812.png