• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 SX190/AR190 Depth Finder

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all - first time poster here:

So I was unpleasantly surprised to discover upon delivery that my 2019 SX190 does not have a depth finder. At first I had hoped it was a setting issue, until I did some more reading. I don't know what Yamaha was thinking, as this should be standard for a boat in this price range, particularly given that its equipped with the Connext system. Even my dealer was unaware that it didn't have one.

Also from what I've read, it seems difficult/impossible to simply upgrade the transducer to get depth on the screen.

So two questions for you guys:

1. Has anyone with a 2019 SX190 or AR190 figured out a way to successfully replace the transducer and make it compatible with the Connext screen? This would be the preferred course for me if possible.
2. If not, what depth finders have you added and where did you mount them?

I don't really care about GPS or Fishfinder....I just want depth. I'm starting to feel like the only option will be to replace the phone holder with a depth gauge, which I am really not happy about. That said, if I'm doing that, I might just stick a GPS plotter in there if I'm already going to that level (although I'd want to find something that's somewhat flush with the dash).

Would be interested to hear what others have done. If you can share pics of where you installed it, that would be great.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I'm going to go with a Humminbird HDR650, particularly given the ease of install. With respect to the location of the transducer, am I okay to place it next to the bilge pump in the main engine compartment (which is flat)? Will it function properly there?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check with the manufacturer, I have read that most transducers have to be in the water to work effectively. I know that there are folks that have "suspended" their transducer in a bed of epoxy so I would think that the epoxy allows the transducer to work properly without being in the water. IIRC you can even get temp readings of some sort (not sure how accurate) but the 195's have a hull mounted transducer that reads depth and temp so I would think you might be able to read temp to a degree. Here is a LINK to an install for a '14 SX190 with pics.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
so what did you decide to do? curious minds want to know.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think for me, being my first go at boating that this might be the set-up to go with...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robby76 Do some searching around on the site here. I remember seeing a thread awhile back from a guy with a 190 that added the depth transducer from a 195 to his boat. If I remember right it was plug and play once he purchased it, the rest of the system just worked. I think it was a pre-connext boat, but I'm not positive. I'll go looking as well. If you just want depth, and none of the other features of a GPS system this might be less costly and just what you're looking for.

Here's one. But for an older 192:

here's another:

Here's a thread on the plugs: