• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 190 Series updates

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Possibly but I wanted a dedicated one figured it would do the job better than a transom one epoxied in the hull

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to spend some time looking around the new AR190 at the show this year. Comparing it directly to the '17 AR190 we own now. Some interesting findings.

The new rear seating is not for me. I prefer the wrap around bench, and the table isn't a big enough deal to really want it.
The storage is TINY on it now. It is significantly less deep, and smaller openings in general in the rear.
The hinged seats are stupid. Nice to not lose a seat I suppose, but the openings are so much smaller and harder to fit things into/out of.
The trash can on the helm storage area is neat. More sizzle than steak I think, but it's neat
Yamaha listened and put drains on the cupholders. No idea where they route to, but at least they aren't just dripping onto the cargo anymore.
I like gages, I don't like screens. The new helm is not great for me. Some might like it, I don't. I don't like screens in my cars either, so it's probably just me.
The rear hatch/lid/cleanout access isn't great either. They are relying on friction hinges instead of gas shocks. I predict these won't last but a season or two. I like my gas shocks, even though they take up some space.

I feel like I had more gripes/compliments when I was sitting there. Should've taken more pictures/notes.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow... I doubt it lost 5mph but what I don't know doesn't hurt, I get GPS 42mph and ok with that. @2kwik4u all personal opinions that I respect but i have one and it's a great boat for my family. I know what you are saying about the openings with hinged seats but I don't really have a need to hide anything bigger than the openings (tube, paddle board, hats, cooler etc... all good.) I like gauges too but the touch connext does the job for now (who knows how reliable it will be but its 2019, most things are going that way). As long we are both happy with what we got right...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow... I doubt it lost 5mph but what I don't know doesn't hurt, I get GPS 42mph and ok with that. @2kwik4u all personal opinions that I respect but i have one and it's a great boat for my family. I know what you are saying about the openings with hinged seats but I don't really have a need to hide anything bigger than the openings (tube, paddle board, hats, cooler etc... all good.) I like gauges too but the touch connext does the job for now (who knows how reliable it will be but its 2019, most things are going that way). As long we are both happy with what we got right...
Oh yea......I reread my post, sounds a little more pessimistic than it should I think. Didn't mean to dismiss anyone that has one. They're still great boats with tons of functionality and an incredible value at this price/size point. I was just expecting the upgrades to be, well, upgrades, and there are a few things about my previous model that I like better than the new ones.

I get 42 on GPS with mine as well. Sounds like the '19's haven't lost much in terms of speed compared to the '17's. I will say the ribbon delete, pump tunnel seal, and L13 cone added some much needed consistency to mine. Without those mods I would sometimes get 42, sometimes 40, sometimes 41, and once got as low as 38 with only two people aboard. I think I might be able to squeek out a 43 is I lower the bimini and tune the L13 Cone some more. I'm not quite getting full revs at WOT, and I'm 90% certain it's due to the cone.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2kwik4u

I wasn't thinking it was a pessimistic post, you just made some good arguments for the items you like better about your boat for your situation, i know what you mean on some of your comments, each upgrade can also be a compromise... like the seating arrangement, for me, I love the aspect of it being open enough for space, we are only 3 and don't plan on having others with us frequently, the table permits being able to play some games with my daughter while enjoying the outdoors! I had the option of an 18 or 19 and I preferred the 19 for the width of the boat, a little added space in the cockpit and being able to remove the cushion in the transom step through was a big one for me as well.

Thanks for confirming i'm not the slowest 19 ft boat out there haha..

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u

I wasn't thinking it was a pessimistic post, you just made some good arguments for the items you like better about your boat for your situation, i know what you mean on some of your comments, each upgrade can also be a compromise... like the seating arrangement, for me, I love the aspect of it being open enough for space, we are only 3 and don't plan on having others with us frequently, the table permits being able to play some games with my daughter while enjoying the outdoors! I had the option of an 18 or 19 and I preferred the 19 for the width of the boat, a little added space in the cockpit and being able to remove the cushion in the transom step through was a big one for me as well.

Thanks for confirming i'm not the slowest 19 ft boat out there haha..
I will say I like the step through seat removal option. That is a big seat saver. I hate stepping on our seats all the time.

We often have 2 full families on ours, so 8 persons (4 adults, 4kids - usually around 7-10 and younger) we use all the seats we have, often. This past year I would take the captains seat and spin it 180 deg towards the back, and take naps in the shade with our 5mo old little boy while the wife and 6yr old played in the water.

Oh yea.....the new captains seat. That is a really nice change. MUCH easier to get in to/out of than the '17 models.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with both of you. I had a choice between the 2018 and 2019 as well. The main thing to me was they were only giving me $3000 off the 18 and the fact that my wife wanted to blue one.. I certainly see nothing on the 19 that warrants an upgrade from a 17.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to spend some time looking around the new AR190 at the show this year. Comparing it directly to the '17 AR190 we own now. Some interesting findings.

The new rear seating is not for me. I prefer the wrap around bench, and the table isn't a big enough deal to really want it.
The storage is TINY on it now. It is significantly less deep, and smaller openings in general in the rear.
The hinged seats are stupid. Nice to not lose a seat I suppose, but the openings are so much smaller and harder to fit things into/out of.
The trash can on the helm storage area is neat. More sizzle than steak I think, but it's neat
Yamaha listened and put drains on the cupholders. No idea where they route to, but at least they aren't just dripping onto the cargo anymore.
I like gages, I don't like screens. The new helm is not great for me. Some might like it, I don't. I don't like screens in my cars either, so it's probably just me.
The rear hatch/lid/cleanout access isn't great either. They are relying on friction hinges instead of gas shocks. I predict these won't last but a season or two. I like my gas shocks, even though they take up some space.

I feel like I had more gripes/compliments when I was sitting there. Should've taken more pictures/notes.
I kind of agree after looking at one at the boat show today. I think the boat is an overall improvement but they could have done better. The best change I noticed was that I could comfortably stand up and drive. I don’t have quite enough room on my boat.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are a few things on the 2019 that I have done on my 2017. I added a wired remote located by the throttle, added a helm storage door and a helm cup holder. Those simple things make it so much user friendly. All for under $250.00.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There are a few things on the 2019 that I have done on my 2017. I added a wired remote located by the throttle, added a helm storage door and a helm cup holder. Those simple things make it so much user friendly. All for under $250.00.
I must of missed the helm storage and wired remote can post a pictures/details.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I must of missed the helm storage and wired remote can post a pictures/details.
Here’s the link of the pictures the helm door that @ythao559 did that I copied. Helm Door
Here’s the wired remote, I stole the pic off FB but put mine in the same location.
8FA123F6-C8F0-4297-8B6F-6CA5387B43EB.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Can you give me the model number and any insight on installation.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like the placement of the audio controls on the 2019 over my 2018. The remote addition by the throttle is an excellent idea, but can the MA head unit operate 2 wired remotes? One near throttle and another on the swim platform? I wonder if splicing two of them into the head unit would work... Any thoughts or anyone tried this?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like the placement of the audio controls on the 2019 over my 2018. The remote addition by the throttle is an excellent idea, but can the MA head unit operate 2 wired remotes? One near throttle and another on the swim platform? I wonder if splicing two of them into the head unit would work... Any thoughts or anyone tried this?
Yes you can as Jensen makes a Y connector that will allow you add multiple wired remotes.81190FB2-B24F-4D2E-B7AD-4956FCE7C371.jpeg

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rumor has it Will is working on surf system for the 19’s. Are the back of the hauls much different (2019 vs 2012 - 2018) or is the back basically the same so this system will work all years of 19’ boats?
How can I keep notified of this surf system?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@NickB The product that Will from @JetBoatPilot is developing is called the Thrust Vector Wake which is designed to help reduce jet spray, clean up the wake (more so on the 21' & 24' models) and increased low speed steering. The product is currently available for pre sale and is suppose to begin shipping in late May. You can check out their YouTube videos and website for more information. They are suppose to be posting another video soon with a wake surfer & wake boarding using the product.

wags33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I figured out that Yamaha uses a Airmar ST850 NMEA 2000 Transducer in my boat (2019 SX190), it does speed and water temp. If I unplug it, I see the depth replace the water temp on the right side of my screen but "greyed" out and then I get a "No Signal" warning. This tells me that if I put the transducer with the correct internals for depth, the Connext will regognize and change from Water to Depth Chart on the main display and then I will have my water temp option below in the scrolling menu. Now, Yamaha does not use the standard 5 pin NMEA connection, they cut the wire and put there own connector inside the engine compartment which is a 4 PIN, they don't use the 5th Bare Wire . I will order a DST800 tri transducer (depth, speed . temp) and splice that into my 4 wire adapter at the connector coming out of the transducer that should do the trick to get me depth under $300... not cheap but ... better than $450 to $550 i'm finding on the OEM part below. View attachment 83167

P.S. I caved and found the 2019 Transducer Yamaha Part for the SX195 and ordered that, should be plug and play, I'll let y'all know..
31 Transducer F2K-U8K1W-00-00 $385.35
@Maccam26 I just got a 2019 AR190 and ordered the transducer used on the models that provide depth (F2K-U8K1W-00-00) and trying to install. I got the transducer swapped, but stuck with the wiring. The connecter on the new transducer is a female connector and the connecter in the engine compartment is also a female connecter. Did you run into the same? Did you cut the wires and splice or find a coupler?