• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 190 Series updates

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 190 has the water temp but not the depth which is on the 195’s

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of the few things I really wish my boat had. Depth and temp readings. I'll be adding the appropriate sending unit with the RideSteady system in the spring (hopefully).

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just realized I have nowhere on the dash to install a depth finder. i really hope I can do like in the 2012-2018 models and upgrade the transducer internals to do depth. The concern I have is will the Connext 4.3 recognize the new part and adjust the display or will it need a software update from the dealer....

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
With the new 19’ boats being a few inches bigger and holding 10 more gallons of fuel. It would be nice to have a tandem trailer at least as option.

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What would make me buy a 2020 AR195? Most likely nothing as I am thinking a 24’ but if I was still in the market for a 19 this is what I would like to see. The ability to pick your colors similar to Axis. No more decals have color accents, redesigned tower similar to the X models, a tandem trailer option, something similar to the Wakebooster so you can surf while the boat is driving without turning. Also at this price point just toss in the tower speakers and a sub.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just realized I have nowhere on the dash to install a depth finder. i really hope I can do like in the 2012-2018 models and upgrade the transducer internals to do depth. The concern I have is will the Connext 4.3 recognize the new part and adjust the display or will it need a software update from the dealer....
I have a feeling that could turn very expensive in a hurry. Definitely worth checking the cost though. If it were more than a couple hundred bucks I would probably remove the phone mount on the dash and install an actual sonar display. It will be leaps and bounds better than just a depth finder. But you will have to find out which ones you can get a thru hull transducer for if you want to go that route, or if its not a big deal to use the wired version on the back of the boat I would strongly suggest mounting a piece of that Star Board that glues onto the boat so you aren't drilling no holes, Ive had one on my fishing boat for years, well worth the money!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What would make me buy a 2020 AR195? Most likely nothing as I am thinking a 24’ but if I was still in the market for a 19 this is what I would like to see. The ability to pick your colors similar to Axis. No more decals have color accents, redesigned tower similar to the X models, a tandem trailer option, something similar to the Wakebooster so you can surf while the boat is driving without turning. Also at this price point just toss in the tower speakers and a sub.
That's a 50k 19 foot boat

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a feeling that could turn very expensive in a hurry. Definitely worth checking the cost though. If it were more than a couple hundred bucks I would probably remove the phone mount on the dash and install an actual sonar display. It will be leaps and bounds better than just a depth finder. But you will have to find out which ones you can get a thru hull transducer for if you want to go that route, or if its not a big deal to use the wired version on the back of the boat I would strongly suggest mounting a piece of that Star Board that glues onto the boat so you aren't drilling no holes, Ive had one on my fishing boat for years, well worth the money!
Thanks good ideas in here, I like replacing phone mount with Sonar display in the dash.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I figured out that Yamaha uses a Airmar ST850 NMEA 2000 Transducer in my boat (2019 SX190), it does speed and water temp. If I unplug it, I see the depth replace the water temp on the right side of my screen but "greyed" out and then I get a "No Signal" warning. This tells me that if I put the transducer with the correct internals for depth, the Connext will regognize and change from Water to Depth Chart on the main display and then I will have my water temp option below in the scrolling menu. Now, Yamaha does not use the standard 5 pin NMEA connection, they cut the wire and put there own connector inside the engine compartment which is a 4 PIN, they don't use the 5th Bare Wire . I will order a DST800 tri transducer (depth, speed . temp) and splice that into my 4 wire adapter at the connector coming out of the transducer that should do the trick to get me depth under $300... not cheap but ... better than $450 to $550 i'm finding on the OEM part below. upload_2018-9-12_22-39-7.png

P.S. I caved and found the 2019 Transducer Yamaha Part for the SX195 and ordered that, should be plug and play, I'll let y'all know..
31 Transducer F2K-U8K1W-00-00 $385.35

Attachments

Last edited:

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's certainly easier than installing a stand alone Sonar unit.

This might be a dumb question but are the new 195's going to be the same color options in 2019 as 2018? I would LOVE if they came out with something in blue for a 195!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They have a black/dark blue for Sx195, not in the AR where it's grey or black tones.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not a fan of the current color options as well and that's why I got a wrap.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you say what you paid for that wrap.
I paid $1,600 for my wrap, but I went with a metallic flake 3m product which was more. The other material would have been closer to $1,200.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s the new dash. Found a Garmin Echomap 53cv and I figured it’s one of the only ones that will flush mount in the 2019 space. For under $300 since it’s being discontinued, I can’t complain. Still doing the transducer for depth when it comes in for the Yamaha Connext and will also do an in hull transducer to have some chirp down view mostly for picking swimming spots. Nice to have Chartplotter on the dash.

Attachments

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s the new dash. Found a Garmin Echomap 53cv and I figured it’s one of the only ones that will flush mount in the 2019 space. For under $300 since it’s being discontinued, I can’t complain. Still doing the transducer for depth when it comes in for the Yamaha Connext and will also do an in hull transducer to have some chirp down view mostly for picking swimming spots. Nice to have Chartplotter on the dash.
did you end up mounting your transducer on the back or inside the hull?

I originally was looking at the striker 4 and putting the transducer next to where to current one is in the back.
the striker 4 is $100 but cosmetically does not go with the dash at all.

now, I am debating on either the Simrad or This Garmin. plan is to put them in the same spot as you are.

I really like the look of the Simrad Go5 but looks like it is $200 more than the Garmin and if I decide to go with total scan to use all of the features that's another $100. Plus I will have to mount the 11 inch total scan mount on the back, which I don't want to do.

Decisions!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mounted Garmin gt8hw-ih transducer in the inside of the hull beside the speed and water temp transducer, works great for depth and sonar is fine. It was really easy with the new access panel in the 2019.

That Simrad would look good also probably wouldn’t stick out as much but download the mounting templates for both and check the size before buying. If the cutout is bigger on the simrad, it might tot fit in width

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checked the cutouts last night. They both fit, the simrad is a little smaller than the Garmin in overall size.
Here is the cutout
7442E038-53FD-4F8D-955E-99ABB22CF363.jpeg
And here is a pic of the simrad on a 242
8C0F5776-BEAE-413F-A82D-F1C9EFDEE0B7.jpeg

The simrad looks factory with the way it mounts.

On the Garmin transducer you didn’t use the one that it came with?

How do you like the unit overall?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the Garmin does the job, not fancy. It’s not touch screen and maybe I’d like that. The SIMrad looks much better in depth. I bought the in-hull transducer separate yes. That’s why I went with Garmin. Wasn’t putting more holes or gluing plates to the transom

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the Garmin does the job, not fancy. It’s not touch screen and maybe I’d like that. The SIMrad looks much better in depth. I bought the in-hull transducer separate yes. That’s why I went with Garmin. Wasn’t putting more holes or gluing plates to the transom

I though the transducer that comes with the Garmin could be epoxied inside right instead of installed in the transom, is this not the case?