• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195s

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i wanted the 180 degree mirror, although I paid a lot less.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok so maybe This was just bound to happen. I was towing back from the lake the other day and forgot to stowaway my starboard aft seat. When I got home no seat. Call the dealership and replacement cost is $500. So word of warning be sure to stowaway your rear seat before towing. You can be sure this will be on my when trailering checklist for the future.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I store all removable seats before I trailer. Hate to lose one and have to pay to replace it. Even worse, if it pops out and goes through someone's window shield or causes someone to swerve and there is an accident.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I store all removable seats before I trailer. Hate to lose one and have to pay to replace it. Even worse, if it pops out and goes through someone's window shield or causes someone to swerve and there is an accident.
For sure! I always have in the past - just took that one idiot move got in a hurry and forgot 😢😡🤮

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ok so maybe This was just bound to happen. I was towing back from the lake the other day and forgot to stowaway my starboard aft seat. When I got home no seat. Call the dealership and replacement cost is $500. So word of warning be sure to stowaway your rear seat before towing. You can be sure this will be on my when trailering checklist for the future.
PPSS i got my kids to say so i dont forget plugs port seats straps

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PPSS i got my kids to say so i dont forget plugs port seats straps
Smart- and Yamaha was smart to design this with $500 price tag 🤯

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is this without the snap on straps? Seems they be fine they way they tuck under the back pads and the strap snaps them tight. Not sure about highway speeds, but we never get over 45 to and from the lake.

Good to know though as I won’t trust those straps when trailering on the highway, though typically when doing that we have her covered.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i did tow mine about 10 miles at 60mph one day. guess i got lucky when they were still there when i pulled over. they were def snapped in with the buttons.

wait, i just take out the ones in the middle, thats all they told me to take out! oh boy add that starborard one to the list.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This
Is the seat I lost - it’s the only unhinged seat.

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Guess I've been lucky. I tow my boat uncovered all the time, with all the seats (all unhinged) in place. Except the bow filler cushion, and never had an issue

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t see a snap for any sort of strap to hold the seat down or in.
That is the only seat without one aside from the bow anchor seat

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
White 2" Velcro is your friend. I have it holding down both bow anchor seat and that single rear seat. I tow uncovered 1-2 hours each way up to the Poconos through out the season and have yet to have an issue with either seat coming loose. I placed the Velcro on each side of the seat.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
White 2" Velcro is your friend. I have it holding down both bow anchor seat and that single rear seat. I tow uncovered 1-2 hours each way up to the Poconos through out the season and have yet to have an issue with either seat coming loose. I placed the Velcro on each side of the seat.
I’ll second that Velcro works like a charm and I’ve had no issues towing uncovered for the last two years. Amazon.com : VELCRO Brand Industrial Strength Fasteners | Stick-On Adhesive | Professional Grade Heavy Duty Strength Holds up to 10 lbs on Smooth Surfaces | Indoor Outdoor Use | 15ft x 2in Tape, White : Mounting Tapes : Health & Personal Care

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Seems like a good idea. Sits under the seat too, so completely invisible. I like it.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This
Is the seat I lost - it’s the only unhinged seat.
This exact thing happened to me on the freeway back from the dealer. I found the part number and ordered direct from Yamaha. Took about 5 weeks to get...

Now when I tow I use the cover or I put that seat in one of the front compartments. Sucks though, I feel you.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That is the only seat without one aside from the bow anchor seat
so mine has a button snap for that seat, no wonder they didn't say to take it out for driving, however it is ripped already half way so ill be storing it.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update - picked up my seat today and also my spare and mount for trailer. The dealer gave me a 15% discount on everything since I bought the boat from them... so the seat price tag was easier to swallow. Next add will be a subwoofer 2 more tower speakers and another amp :). Maybe Santa will help me out with that :)

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@cjaysanchez The owners manual for the 195S? Do you or anyone else know where I can get one? Last time I checked it was not available online.