• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH Shore Land’r Trailer loading issues

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Why did you have to pay cash if Yamaha covered under warranty?? I’m out by Harrisburg.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the warranty payment went to the Yamaha dealer and they reimbursed me. I paid the fiberglass guy directly. good luck

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The same exact issue happens with my boat and trailer. The dealer said they would pay to have it fixed but i do not have a perfect solution. Raise the bunks? I will post if it get resolved

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The same exact issue happens with my boat and trailer. The dealer said they would pay to have it fixed but i do not have a perfect solution. Raise the bunks? I will post if it get resolved
Dealer said they made some adjustments to the trailer, so we will have to wait and see if that will actually resolved it. I also trailer sometimes a hour and they said hitting some bumps with a lighter boat could make it move slightly. If you think about the tie downs, they are also not straight down, they come back to the boat at an angle so there is room for the boat to move when hitting some bumps along the way.

Also, Yamaha covered my spider cracks under warranty so they are currently getting repaired.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks to you, I would have never pushed to get it fixed!

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Happy to help! The location didn't make sense. i have plenty of bumps and bruises but nothing in that area

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was thinking the same, but the way it was explained to me ‘it had to have been me’ with how impact is absorbed by the bump rail and distributed to the fiberglass. I told them - I know 100% I did not bump the side of the boat on anything hard and it’s stored on my trailer when we don’t have it out for the day. I’m like an old person approaching the dock. Remember - you only go as fast as you'd feel comfortable hitting the dock. For me - slow and soft.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not have this model of Jet boat, but looking at the pictures, it seems to me that from the point where the straps attach to the back of the boat to the point where it attaches to the trailer, the straps are almost vertical (straight up and down) The straps need to have a decent angle from the two points so the straps can keep the boat from moving over.

I would remount the strap point on the trailer from the current position to bottom cross rail on the trailer in about 15 inches. This may be hard to do if you have the ratchet strap style, but I would ditch them and just add an eye outlet and conventional cam buckle straps. Woul d be easy to do to test theory.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice. In my scenario the boat is always on the wheel well. It doesn't start straight and shift

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do not have this model of Jet boat, but looking at the pictures, it seems to me that from the point where the straps attach to the back of the boat to the point where it attaches to the trailer, the straps are almost vertical (straight up and down) The straps need to have a decent angle from the two points so the straps can keep the boat from moving over.

I would remount the strap point on the trailer from the current position to bottom cross rail on the trailer in about 15 inches. This may be hard to do if you have the ratchet strap style, but I would ditch them and just add an eye outlet and conventional cam buckle straps. Woul d be easy to do to test theory.
The 210FSH is port side heavy unless you have a full livewell (batteries on port side). My thought was adding a self centering roller on the keel right on the rear crossmember, I have not tried it yet.

Last edited:

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
good idea - thanks

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have fought the left fender issue since day one with my boat. I did reach the point of being able to keep it off of it but it was still a little too close for comfort. There were times it took multiple attempts having to back in the water to adjust position and then if I wasn’t careful I could even go too far and be on the right fender. The margin for error was way too tight in my opinion. Even perfectly level there was very little clearance over the fenders on both sides. I recently added a trolling motor which made this problem even worse. I can still use my same old techniques of filling the live well and not walking down the port side to keep off the fender but after trailering it always shifts and ends up on it anyways. I have tried keeping the starboard strap tighter and pretty much everything else others have suggested and it hasn’t changed a thing. If I was the only one struggling with this then I would say it’s simply error on my part but in my opinion there just isn’t enough clearance provided for these boats and it needs to be addressed by Yamaha. Early on I tried to adjust the fenders to gain some clearance but they are essentially fixed with no adjustment. After looking at the trailer construction recently I realized that lifting the entire trailer off of the axle assembly would give me the clearance I needed. I bought some longer u-bolts and two pieces of 1 x 3 x 72 aluminum bar and lifted my trailer 1”. I now have plenty of clearance on both sides. It still needs to be tested for loading which I hope to get done this weekend but I see no reason this isn’t going to work out perfectly. 7A3B903A-2351-48C9-9D4A-158B5DD143CB.jpeg794DADED-3548-432B-A755-65235E094EE1.jpeg8467D5BF-9C07-49F4-ACE4-51727800AD53.jpegEFB84F37-0D96-41EE-AD4B-8D865FCDFB64.jpeg

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a company that makes self tightening ratchet straps for the rear of the trailer. This could solve all that.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a company that makes self tightening ratchet straps for the rear of the trailer. This could solve all that.
It may help solve the shifting issue while trailering but would do nothing for the clearance. When perfectly level I would only have about 3/8-1/2 clearance over each fender. Not even enough to get my fingertip between the boat and fender.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have fought the left fender issue since day one with my boat. I did reach the point of being able to keep it off of it but it was still a little too close for comfort. There were times it took multiple attempts having to back in the water to adjust position and then if I wasn’t careful I could even go too far and be on the right fender. The margin for error was way too tight in my opinion. Even perfectly level there was very little clearance over the fenders on both sides. I recently added a trolling motor which made this problem even worse. I can still use my same old techniques of filling the live well and not walking down the port side to keep off the fender but after trailering it always shifts and ends up on it anyways. I have tried keeping the starboard strap tighter and pretty much everything else others have suggested and it hasn’t changed a thing. If I was the only one struggling with this then I would say it’s simply error on my part but in my opinion there just isn’t enough clearance provided for these boats and it needs to be addressed by Yamaha. Early on I tried to adjust the fenders to gain some clearance but they are essentially fixed with no adjustment. After looking at the trailer construction recently I realized that lifting the entire trailer off of the axle assembly would give me the clearance I needed. I bought some longer u-bolts and two pieces of 1 x 3 x 72 aluminum bar and lifted my trailer 1”. I now have plenty of clearance on both sides. It still needs to be tested for loading which I hope to get done this weekend but I see no reason this isn’t going to work out perfectly. View attachment 149180View attachment 149181View attachment 149182View attachment 149183
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I hope you can send the bill to Yamaha

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No problem. I’ll try to give a report on how it does Sunday evening.

Last edited:

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The boat loaded great today with no clearance issues at all. It was by far the most painless loading experience since having the boat. I would recommend this fix to anyone having issues.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new 210 FSH won’t center either. One side or other is almost on the fender. Other side will have 1/2” clearance. Once leveled by attaching one rear strap and hitting a few bumps will provide 1/8” off the fender — I am thinking this is totally unacceptable!
What should clearance be?