• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH Shore Land’r Trailer loading issues

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve reached out to Shore Land’r directly. They did make the statement that these trailers are fitted to the specific boat model so there shouldn’t be any issues. They put me in touch with the guy who does set the trailers up but never returned my voicemail.

I’ve gotten push back from dealer basically saying I’m not loading the boat properly because these are self leveling trailers.

The new dealer I go to now did make ‘some adjustments’ to the trailer when it was in to get winterized so as soon I drop it in for the first time I’ll let you know if it sits any better.

We should all start calling Shore Land’r and logging our issues with them so they can see it’s more than a one off call with a trailer complaint. I’m sure when they get these calls they just think people can’t load their boats correctly.

If the dealer told me I was not doing it right, I’d invite them out to the ramp and have them show me how it is done.

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If the dealer told me I was not doing it right, I’d invite them out to the ramp and have them show me how it is done.
the funny thing about that is, I’ve always said it loads fine, once you drive with the boat on the trailer is when it shifts for me and sits on the fender.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the funny thing about that is, I’ve always said it loads fine, once you drive with the boat on the trailer is when it shifts for me and sits on the fender.
I’m assuming that you have checked that the bunks are in the same position on each side?

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh yeah! Everything is exactly the same. Dealer has looked at it and made some adjustments. Everything is identical as far as the bunks.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Called Shorelander today - left msg with person transferred to - call not returned

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had this same issue for 2 seasons and noticed today that mine has rubbed through the white/cream gel coat so that you can see black underneath. I hope someone determines a solution as mine levels on the trailer ok, but then by the time I drive home it's sitting on the port side wheel well. Frustrating!

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've had this same issue for 2 seasons and noticed today that mine has rubbed through the white/cream gel coat so that you can see black underneath. I hope someone determines a solution as mine levels on the trailer ok, but then by the time I drive home it's sitting on the port side wheel well. Frustrating!
Mine had finally rubbed through also which is when I decided I had to do something about it. I was tired of worrying about being on the fender every time I pulled out of the water or shifting onto it by the time I got home.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine had finally rubbed through also which is when I decided I had to do something about it. I was tired of worrying about being on the fender every time I pulled out of the water or shifting onto it by the time I got home.
I think your aluminum bar riser is a great fix for those with this issue… I may go that route myself just for some cushion. My boat is close but has never contacted the fenders.

DStinson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think your aluminum bar riser is a great fix for those with this issue… I may go that route myself just for some cushion. My boat is close but has never contacted the fenders.
It’s still working great for me.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Noticed while docked this weekend that the list on the port side is even more noticeable while in the water. This is the same side that always sits on the trailer wheel fender. I'm (still) going to assume that this is because of the weight of the 2 batteries because otherwise the boat was pretty empty.

Anyone else ever notice this while in the water? I've never noticed this while anchored in 3' of water and assume maybe it's because of the waves.

IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah mine is that way also, accentuated even more when the trolling motor is installed.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah mine is that way also, accentuated even more when the trolling motor is installed.
Good to know! I trailer the boat so only noticed it this weekend while grabbing a bite to eat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found this situation myself..

I was out fishing with some friends one day and wondered why the boat was listing to port. After dropping them off I went and anchored and went swimming. I could clearly see that the starboard side was riding higher, and the starboard side transom tie down hook was completely out of the water, where the port side was almost fully in the water. After asking myself what I was doing different that day than on other days.. what I realized was I had forgotten to fill the live well that morning when I launched, and that the boat is designed to operated with the live well full, that is 215# of weight on the starboard aft quarter. With the live well full, the boat floats perfectly level.

Now when I launch, after tying up to the launch dock I turn on the live well fill pump while I go and park the truck / trailer.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found this situation myself..

I was out fishing with some friends one day and wondered why the boat was listing to port. After dropping them off I went and anchored and went swimming. I could clearly see that the starboard side was riding higher, and the starboard side transom tie down hook was completely out of the water, where the port side was almost fully in the water. After asking myself what I was doing different that day than on other days.. what I realized was I had forgotten to fill the live well that morning when I launched, and that the boat is designed to operated with the live well full, that is 215# of weight on the starboard aft quarter. With the live well full, the boat floats perfectly level.

Now when I launch, after tying up to the launch dock I turn on the live well fill pump while I go and park the truck / trailer.
Awesome Tip!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome Tip!!!
When you think about it, it’s really pretty great design feature, otherwise the boat would list starboard when setting out to go fishing. I’ve also used the live well as a cooler for drinks, mainly bottles of water. It holds ice pretty well considering its next to the engine bay.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When you think about it, it’s really pretty great design feature, otherwise the boat would list starboard when setting out to go fishing. I’ve also used the live well as a cooler for drinks, mainly bottles of water. It holds ice pretty well considering its next to the engine bay.
Everytime I drink that water it tastes like 🐟

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everytime I drink that water it tastes like 🐟
LOL! Try washing out the live well with cleaning vinegar.. that helps to remove the smell.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do we know who handles the Shorelander warranty? My dealers says I have to find a Shorelander dealer.
i am in the same position. The Yamaha dealer directed me to the shore lander dealer and now vice versa. Not only is the boat on the wheel well but the spare tire bent the frame and the nut and washer are starting to pull through the a frame. I will keep you updated