• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 FSH Shore Land’r Trailer loading issues

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand the adjustability forward/aft for weight balance. I am talking about grabbing the bow stop/winch/roller with your hand and checking for any movement forward/aft. Mine used to move/pivot nearly 2 inches before thru bolting the bow stop at the base. I know yours are different, just wondering about movement.

Edit: that 2" of movement made it impossible to put the boat on the trailer in the same place every time. The tie downs would always be loose after the 30 min. drive home. When I put trim tabs on, it was imperative that the boat landed on the same spot and stayed so the trim tabs would clear the tiedowns and in doing that, the factory tiedowns stay tight.

Last edited:

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat was dropped off today. I’ll post any updates from the dealer.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FYI - i have not heard of any final solutions on this issue yet

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FYI - i have not heard of any final solutions on this issue yet
I see your PA title - what dealer do you take your boat to? I’m in PA too.

Thanks,
Peter

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I usually have my live well full on each outing so the boat is level on the water.

My issue is that the boat does not sit evenly on the bunks... the port side bunk is usually up into that chine. Yesterday I had my fried stand on the starboard side when I pulled out of the water and that made it come out centered. The boat is very close to the fenders but not touching.

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally heard back on some trailer updates. They said they made some adjustments to the bunks, drove around with the yard trailer and no issues. When I go to pick it up we are going to drive some more to see if it bounces around any.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
sorry i missed your post about a pa dealer. deep creek Maryland is closer to me than full performance at raystown lake. I am trying to get a local person (Pittsburgh) fix it and have my dealer in FL do the warranty paperwork. please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have many other issues from year one for warranty work?

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i had some spider cracks. The dealer was really cool in letting me use a local fiberglass company and run through for Yamaha warranty. I have had a few other issues. The boat is higher than advertised 125" so it doesn't fit in my car port. One of the batteries died. Boat has 65 hours. The rest of the issues are just rookie mistakes. all in all I am very happy with the boat. It has been a ton of fun and surely miss it over the winter

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you have spider cracks? And did they get covered? I have some too on the right side top white rail. I didn’t hit anything, so not sure where they came from. My dealer said they wouldn’t be covered.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
photos attached. Yamaha dis approve my claim. The location of the cracks shows that it would be impossible for something (boat, dock, etc..) to have impact in that location only. sounds similar. i would go back and try again

Attachments

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pretty much the exact same spot on that top white section of the boat. I’ll call shop and see if they made the call to not submit or if Yamaha denied.

I haven’t hit anything so I was very surprised to see them.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Feel free to mention my boat, pics and claim. Approved by Yamaha. Good luck

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks so much! Already left the Service Manager a voicemail.

He did say the repair work estimate from the fiberglass guy was about 4k for those cracks.

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had two speakers malfunction that got replaced under warranty. Not sure if they were wired backwards but the plastic cap on the speaker melted off the back under the helm. Service Manager said this was the second boat he saw with that issue so keep an eye on those.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the heads up. FYI my work was $1,500

Praud

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow! Quite the difference. Was yours in multiple places on that rail?

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yes in two places. photo attached. The place I used was great!!! Nowack fiberglass in amity PA. about an hour out of Pittsburgh. I paid cash so i might have gotten a little bit of a discount. Are you in PA?

Attachments