• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 242

Dwrack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I put the money down because a dealer is reducing price of the new boat by 2k and originally I was told that new boats will be out mid August . Now with possible redesign that’s not realistic . Also I can get my money back if I don’t like the options . I just don’t know if there will be better deals at the boat show if there will be a boat show this winter .I personally would go after 2-3 year old boat but my wife made a deal with me : new boat or no boat :) I sold my LS2000 3 weeks ago thinking new boat was just around the corner :(

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I put the money down because a dealer is reducing price of the new boat by 2k and originally I was told that new boats will be out mid August . Now with possible redesign that’s not realistic . Also I can get my money back if I don’t like the options . I just don’t know if there will be better deals at the boat show if there will be a boat show this winter .I personally would go after 2-3 year old boat but my wife made a deal with me : new boat or no boat :) I sold my LS2000 3 weeks ago thinking new boat was just around the corner :(
I was under the impression that the prices were set by Yamaha. That’s what my dealer said. Only thing they can increase is “dealer prep” or increase the freight charge.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the prices/MSRP are set by Yamaha. Also @Dwrack, not sure how the dealer can reduce the price of your boat when they haven't been priced yet, nor do they know their spreads with the 24/25's. Perhaps they are just eating Dealer Prep or part of the freight which can come close to that.

As far as your deal with the wife, I would most certainly bet that there will be some nicely priced 2020's come this winter into early spring with barely any hours on them, that the savy buyer could basically steal for a great price.

Dwrack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I guess I was not clear :) The delver was eating up to 2k if the MSRP of the new boat would go up . So basically they would sell 2021 for the price 2020 as long as it doesn’t go up more then 2k . I have no idea how they discount it but they do . They stoped taking pre orders with this special on 7/3 .

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dwrack Hopefully that is the case. Not sure why they would even do that, since they don't have to. Give up true money out of their pocket during a boat shortage and the highest record in boats sales and appetite for such, ever? They know damn well the prices go up every year. I truly hope it works out for you. Sounds like a lot of Dealer Smack Talk or if they were taking deposits a cash liquidity problem, TBH.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s why I find it very strange that anyone would put money down on a boat that is not even released yet. You are paying for a place in line.

That’s easy for me to say in MN, as when hose boats actually ship, our summer is nearly shot. So for you folks that still plan on putting 30hrs on after 9-1-20, knock yourselves out. But my money is that you gain nothing until after the dealer show. And this boat shortage is about to flip as well.

All these folks asking NEW MSRP on 8 year old boats, and those asking $10K over NADA are about to get a reality check with the Northern half of the US starts winterizing, and kids go back to sports and school. There is going to be a glut of low hour used boats being liquidated nationally as these first time boat buyers are going to realize they have to store, winterize and make payments on something they haven’t used as much as they dreamed of. I sense a strong buyers market coming up sooner rather than later.
You hit the nail right on the head....... It is coming.....

I dare someone to put up a low hour 2020 AR240 on a fire sale for the mid to high 40's, because they bit off more than they could chew. I dare them. I have cash and will drive anywhere to pick it up. ;)

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That would be nice and I do believe some deals will be had; but I also doubt the majority of people stroked a check for the purchase price. Probably a lot of stimulus check down payments where many get trapped between a rock and a hard place just making the payment and not able or willing to write a check to sell it at a loss.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Seadeals Yes you a probably right, but let me dream a bit ;)

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah..sorry for the buzzkill! Can you tell I have dreamed that dream a time or two before?

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m hearing from multiple sources the 242 line will be dropped and the 2021 will now be a redesigned 25 including a fish model. Dealers meeting will be virtual on 8/14
This was received by us today by a dealership in Miami:

I was able to reach Yamaha and confirm they are redesigning it to a 25ft boat. Would you be interested in that boat?

Sean Surgeont
Client Concierge Manager

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s good to hear. My wife and I are on the fence between a 212 and a 240. The AR 240 is more of what we need but if it gets bigger then I don’t know what to do. We just sold a tritoon a couple of days ago to find a Yamaha
We received confirmation today by a dealership in Miami that the 24' is being redesigned to the 25'

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We received confirmation today by a dealership in Miami that the 24' is being redesigned to the 25'
I see a heavily discounted 242x in my future. If this is true, the market on the 24' series will take a hit as soon as they actually start shipping. Keeping in mind, they will be concentrating on the early release models to fill the pipeline. And if history holds true, the first year of a new hull may ship much later, and possibly be pre-order only like the 275 series the first model year.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hate hearing that. Still launching in the next month?

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I see a heavily discounted 242x in my future. If this is true, the market on the 24' series will take a hit as soon as they actually start shipping. Keeping in mind, they will be concentrating on the early release models to fill the pipeline. And if history holds true, the first year of a new hull may ship much later, and possibly be pre-order only like the 275 series the first model year.
Any information on engine? Seems like it’s getting bigger and heavier so are they staying with 360 HP?

SandfleaDDH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a deposit down on a '21 but then found a sweet deal on a barely used 2018 and jumped on it so as to not miss out on a season. I was coming off of 27' and am really enjoying the smaller, lighter boat. And with the folding trailer tongue, it even gave me back one additional parking space in the driveway. Had I waited, and missed out on a season, only to hear that I was waiting on a re-styled 25 footer that sounds like it's coming with a much higher price tag, I think I might have been a little disappointed. if it's amazing, I can always sell this one and pick it up, but I hope it isn't styled like the current 272. Not a fan of those.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s why I find it very strange that anyone would put money down on a boat that is not even released yet. You are paying for a place in line.

That’s easy for me to say in MN, as when those boats actually ship, our summer is nearly shot. So for you folks that still plan on putting 30hrs on after 9-1-20, knock yourselves out. But my money is that you gain nothing until after the dealer show. And this boat shortage is about to flip as well.

All these folks asking NEW MSRP on 8 year old boats, and those asking $10K over NADA are about to get a reality check with the Northern half of the US starts winterizing, and kids go back to sports and school. There is going to be a glut of low hour used boats being liquidated nationally as these first time boat buyers are going to realize they have to store, winterize and make payments on something they haven’t used as much as they dreamed of. I sense a strong buyers market coming up sooner rather than later.
@biffdotorg ....Amen. :cool:

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Even in a seller's market there's always a buyer. I'm picking up a 2021 212 this week and, yes, it would have been smart to buy one in January or it would be smart to buy one whenever this global situation ends. However, my family decided in May that we wanted to spend our quarantine time boating, we looked at the market, and decided this was the best way forward. I did put a deposit down so I would get the first boat off the truck, and it was worth it. Plus, they never even ran the card. Hopefully some of you guys are making profits on your prior purchases, and I'm hoping my family and I will enjoy boating for the first time! I think it's a win for everyone.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s good to hear. My wife and I are on the fence between a 212 and a 240. The AR 240 is more of what we need but if it gets bigger then I don’t know what to do. We just sold a tritoon a couple of days ago to find a Yamaha
Im torn between buying a tritoon or buying a AR240/250. I owned a AR210 and felt it was under powered and a little loud but loved the boat. Never owned a tritoon but would love having more space. Why are you going from a tritoon to a jet boat? I just can’t decide which way to go.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Im torn between buying a tritoon or buying a AR240/250. I owned a AR210 and felt it was under powered and a little loud but loved the boat. Never owned a tritoon but would love having more space. Why are you going from a tritoon to a jet boat? I just can’t decide which way to go.
Went another direction and went with Vortex. 1 Didn’t want a 25 foot boat and not knowing what the engine was going in it made me wonder about under powered. 2 Didn’t want to wait until fall to see what was going on with Yamaha. I know they will be revealing it in a week or so but TBH I didn’t want to deal with that madness. I will see what this vortex is like and if it sucks, I’ll move on.

we enjoyed the pontoon but our older kids aren’t going as much. They normally took friends so it went from 8-10 ppl every weekend to just my wife and I most of the time.

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Any information on engine? Seems like it’s getting bigger and heavier so are they staying with 360 HP?
Spoke with a dealer today and he confirmed that there will be two engine options on the 25' boat: the typical 1.8L and the SVHO engines from the 27'. He didn't have all the details but he was sure there were two engine options.