• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255X Pictures

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We use the 24ft transom bag, factory ballast and weight in the nose. We have no issues coming out of the water and our wake is very tune-able for different riders. Holy grail of a wave for a Yamaha. We also have 19ft boat impellers, lucky 13 pump cones and I blueprinted our pump tunnels. Our boat is not stock by any means.
You use the 19' boat impellers on a 24' boat? Explain more!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was the first to do this but several others followed closely behind. I think @J-RAD has them in his boat as well. Theory is they have a heavier pitch to get the single engine boats out of the water better. Well what is better then 1........ of course 2. So what I experienced was more hole shot and maybe 1-2 mph to end loss? 45 is still plenty fast for me.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was the first to do this but several others followed closely behind. I think @J-RAD has them in his boat as well. Theory is they have a heavier pitch to get the single engine boats out of the water better. Well what is better then 1........ of course 2. So what I experienced was more hole shot and maybe 1-2 mph to end loss? 45 is still plenty fast for me.
Very interesting... I would be interested if you could drop the RPM at surf speed more to save on fuel. But I suppose it would have to be pretty significant to make an impact.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I'm running the same as @jcyamaharider, the only difference being I had mine pitched for elevation by Impros and I'm still using the stick nose cone. In my case, I experienced all the same benefits mentioned but actually picked up 2-3 mph. Likely due to the elevation pitching. My stock impellers were not elevation pitched. Best performance mod I've made.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like the 25’ does have the swim up seats based on this you tube video

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Unless you get a X with the auto WakeBooster
I wonder if they were concerned about people legs so close to the auto wakebooster so they left the swim seats off the X models???

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The AR250 and the SX do not have them. Dealer confirmed.