• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255X Pictures

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm so torn... there's a lot I love about it I think if you're going to sit on the rear of the boat the lounges are an upgrade. The step thru is better than what's on my 240, separating it and like they did in the 27' would have ruined it for watersports. I like that the modified the bimini frame for the speakers to be mounted above. I like they're competing with the Scarab and Vortex in power options. We know guys are able to do some insane things with these SVHO engines if you want to set your warranty on fire... Premium fuel, meh. The Drive system I could live without. I like that there's a place for the cooler, even though that cooler is garbage. The little table could be a nice little thing to whip out in a hurry vs the table, but didn't necessarily replace the table. Watersports wise, the stock ballast and built-in WakeBooster I'm afraid won't be adequate for my needs on their own. There's plenty of room in top of the lounge for a ballast bag, though it won't get it as far back as the custom bag. That side, am I going to spend $93k to wrestle a external bag... ugh! I want to love it... my wife loves it. @jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife, buy one and convince me.

I like that Yamaha took a big swing on the new models. I think they'll be a big deal. At this point, I think I may just enjoy my AR240 for another couple seasons and then make the big decision.
that's my thought. Enjoy my 2018 242 LSE for a while and wait for kinks to be ironed out. I love the idea of the 255X, but I wouldn't trade in right now even if I had money burning in my pocket.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks for the information. It's on the list to try them both at some point, but none of my friends do it so I've never gotten a chance to try. Nor do I have a wake tower anyways.
You don't have an AR190? Your profile says you do. Either way, you find yourself up in the Central MN lakes area around DL and we will take you out boarding! Everyone has to experience it at least once before dumping a "boatload" of cash.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Screenshot_20200812-221621_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for posting this. Honestly, I just want to share this single photo with every overpriced used 2015-2020 boat on C-list and FB Marketplace. Reality just came to town, your 5 year old AR240 is not worth $60K!! And I don't care how much the window tint cost you.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm, maybe a really super thick piece of SeaDek that would fill the gap and blunt the impact if you kicked the tower....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus I am at about the same point. I like the 25' foot line of boats, really like the FSH (Admiral is not going to approve that one I am sure). Will see how the winter/spring goes and use my 21' footer for now. When some reality sets in, in the used boat pricing and see what materializes with offers and such on new. Also watch the real reviews of people actually buying these new boats.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Also what is the deal with glass cutout??????

View attachment 130135
Uhh, wtf is that. I will admit that having a cutout there would be nice for docking, but also, without a frame around it, looks like a REALLY easy way to break some glass!

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You don't have an AR190? Your profile says you do. Either way, you find yourself up in the Central MN lakes area around DL and we will take you out boarding! Everyone has to experience it at least once before dumping a "boatload" of cash.
Weird! I didn't know it said I had an AR for some reason. I've got an SX, though (just updated it). And that sounds like a deal to me! Can't say I've ever been to Detroit Lakes, but if I find myself up there I'll definitely seek you out!

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
View attachment 130144

Thank you for posting this. Honestly, I just want to share this single photo with every overpriced used 2015-2020 boat on C-list and FB Marketplace. Reality just came to town, your 5 year old AR240 is not worth $60K!! And I don't care how much the window tint cost you.
Yeah here in my area there are (2) 5-6 year old SX190’s on Craigslist for........$25k!!! I mean c’mon man, no thank you....

Wife and i have had the discussion......I’m looking for 23’-26’ boats and will NOT pay $30k and up for a 10-15 year old outdated and faded boat......I’ll go into the SX/AR 210 or 250 before I’ll buy anything used......at least the 250 price increase over the 240’s was minimal.....

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm so torn... there's a lot I love about it I think if you're going to sit on the rear of the boat the lounges are an upgrade. The step thru is better than what's on my 240, separating it and like they did in the 27' would have ruined it for watersports. I like that the modified the bimini frame for the speakers to be mounted above. I like they're competing with the Scarab and Vortex in power options. We know guys are able to do some insane things with these SVHO engines if you want to set your warranty on fire... Premium fuel, meh. The Drive system I could live without. I like that there's a place for the cooler, even though that cooler is garbage. The little table could be a nice little thing to whip out in a hurry vs the table, but won't necessarily replace the table that's included. Watersports wise, the stock ballast and built-in WakeBooster I'm afraid won't be adequate for my needs on their own. There's plenty of room on top of the lounge for a ballast bag, though it won't get it as far back as the custom bag. That said, am I going to spend $93k to wrestle a external bag...? Ugh! I want to love it... my wife loves it. @jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife, buy one and convince me.

I like that Yamaha took a big swing on the new models. I think they'll be a big deal. At this point, I think I may just enjoy my AR240 for another couple seasons and then make the big decision.
I do like the new 255XD but if I am not 100% in love it's really hard to make that jump in price. I would have to see in person to even consider it.

Likes . . .
SUPERCHARGED :winkingthumbsup"
Back lounger seats
Interior of the boat even the odd table :p
Paddle control - might help me master docking like I have with my jetski
Upgraded connex from what we currently have in our 2017
Tower finish
Black, gray, and green color would be my choice
Improved glovebox storage
Large area for anchor

Dislikes . . .
PRICE $$$$$

Slick Marine mat - would rip that out and replace with a better design Gatorstep or Deckadence

Hate the tower and side window ? ? ? ? ? Did the Bimini frame get smaller ? ? deal breaker if so love my shade

Step down on the transom - I see myself having to sit down to get to the bottom level

Fuel burn - I think we burn too much now WTF ! 🔥

Seems to have less storage with the starboard seat being shorter & hard ballast tanks
Interior gel coat being black is concerning . . . I already deal with water spots on the outside of the boat since ours is black. Not sure if I would like seeing them on the inside.

Jerry would still be spending $$$ getting the stereo perfect 🎶 we never stay stock !

Now on to surfing . . .
I do not want to go backwards with our surf wave. I don't see anything better than what we surf. I have surfed with a wakebooster and not a fan of the type of wave it puts out even with correct ballast. It appears to be great in photos & videos but to actually ride it they are two different worlds from the wake wedge. The wakebooster offers a beginner level surf wave so I would be curious if the new automatic one is about the same or just a tad improved. Still needs way more ballast. For 94K I am not willing to take that chance. If I wanted to take my surf skills to the next level it would have to be a dedicated surf boat.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah here in my area there are (2) 5-6 year old SX190’s on Craigslist for........$25k!!! I mean c’mon man, no thank you....

Wife and i have had the discussion......I’m looking for 23’-26’ boats and will NOT pay $30k and up for a 10-15 year old outdated and faded boat......I’ll go into the SX/AR 210 or 250 before I’ll buy anything used......at least the 250 price increase over the 240’s was minimal.....
Used AR190 and AR210 were under $15K this time last year. And Used AR240 were well under $30K as 242LS units started to hit or drop below $30K.

As expected, the demand for the 2021's will flood the market again and they will come down. If folks don't take delivery till next spring, it will be an interesting market then.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm amazed at the wake of these boats, and the boat is not listed to one side. Imagine if it had additional ballast. Hats off Yamaha, you did us all proud for 2021
Am I missing something? Untitled-1.jpg

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I do like the new 255XD but if I am not 100% in love it's really hard to make that jump in price. I would have to see in person to even consider it.

Likes . . .
SUPERCHARGED :winkingthumbsup"
Back lounger seats
Interior of the boat even the odd table :p
Paddle control - might help me master docking like I have with my jetski
Upgraded connex from what we currently have in our 2017
Tower finish
Black, gray, and green color would be my choice
Improved glovebox storage
Large area for anchor

Dislikes . . .
PRICE $$$$$

Slick Marine mat - would rip that out and replace with a better design Gatorstep or Deckadence

Hate the tower and side window ? ? ? ? ? Did the Bimini frame get smaller ? ? deal breaker if so love my shade

Step down on the transom - I see myself having to sit down to get to the bottom level

Fuel burn - I think we burn too much now WTF ! 🔥

Seems to have less storage with the starboard seat being shorter & hard ballast tanks
Interior gel coat being black is concerning . . . I already deal with water spots on the outside of the boat since ours is black. Not sure if I would like seeing them on the inside.

Jerry would still be spending $$$ getting the stereo perfect 🎶 we never stay stock !

Now on to surfing . . .
I do not want to go backwards with our surf wave. I don't see anything better than what we surf. I have surfed with a wakebooster and not a fan of the type of wave it puts out even with correct ballast. It appears to be great in photos & videos but to actually ride it they are two different worlds from the wake wedge. The wakebooster offers a beginner level surf wave so I would be curious if the new automatic one is about the same or just a tad improved. Still needs way more ballast. For 94K I am not willing to take that chance. If I wanted to take my surf skills to the next level it would have to be a dedicated surf boat.
So you are saying you found a holy grail to surf behind your X???

Are you using the standard ballast and the wake wedge to get your wave, or are there other elements you’ve added??

I like the SD styling over the XD so if i can use the $10k savings to build my own “wave maker” i might go that route......although I’d lose the SVHO engines.......does your X have enough power to surf with a load of people on board?

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 130144

It might be but once you add dealer prep fees, taxes, and other non-value added costs, it might be a different story. Recall, there are no sales tax on used boats in MN, perhaps other states too, I don’t know. Your prospective is valid but only if you are a buyer, I bet you would have a different view if you are a seller. Again, people can ask whatever crazy prices they want, it comes down to supply and demand and whether someone (only one person needed) is willing to pay the asking price. It’s just the way it is.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s the difference in the 255XE and XD? XD is 5k more

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So you are saying you found a holy grail to surf behind your X???

Are you using the standard ballast and the wake wedge to get your wave, or are there other elements you’ve added??

I like the SD styling over the XD so if i can use the $10k savings to build my own “wave maker” i might go that route......although I’d lose the SVHO engines.......does your X have enough power to surf with a load of people on board?
We use the 24ft transom bag, factory ballast and weight in the nose. We have no issues coming out of the water and our wake is very tune-able for different riders. Holy grail of a wave for a Yamaha. We also have 19ft boat impellers, lucky 13 pump cones and I blueprinted our pump tunnels. Our boat is not stock by any means.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s the difference in the 255XE and XD? XD is 5k more
From what I gathered, the D denotes to having the “drive” system so the XE does not have it. Don’t know if there are other differences though? Agree, $5k seems very steep for this feature only.

edit: drive, DRiVE, Drive .... all the same, you know what mean.

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
From what I gathered, the D denotes to having the “drive” system so the XE does not have it. Don’t know if there are other differences though? Agree, $5k seems very steep for only this feature only.
Haha You need to capitalize “DRiVE”

I thought it was just a paddle system to control the engines while docking, but it looks like it is also an electronically controlled power steering system......I still don’t like the price increase but I am more intrigued than when I thought it was just for the paddles.....of course we could figure more out if the website wasn’t so bad.....