• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255X Pictures

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
But it won't fit in my garage....dang it.

Loving the look of the 212XE though.....anyone want to buy a 2015 212X?? :)

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I don't know. I can't decide if the wake is much bigger or any bigger than what you get with a 242xe. I like some of the new features like more power and power surf gates but wish it had more ballast and what the heck is that table thing behind the drivers seat.
Isn’t It possible just to “T” in more ballast bags into the system? I don’t know how these systems work but thinking that may be a simple solution.....

I think for liability sake they won’t add more than the 1500lbs (or whatever is standard).....Someone might have 12 fatty’s and fill 3,000lbs of ballasts and sink the boat.......

I’ll have to see some real life owner’s surf videos before I’d consider that kind of coin (I found one on YouTube a few months ago and someone had a new 242X and brought a professional wake surfer out and they could not get a good enough wave for him to stay up more than a couple of minutes).....

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, so reading through this and I have to ask. As someone that's never wakeboarded or surfed, do most people do the surfing now rather than wakeboarding?

Do you need different wakes for these?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Okay, so reading through this and I have to ask. As someone that's never wakeboarded or surfed, do most people do the surfing now rather than wakeboarding?

yes and yes.

We do both, plus tubing, but surfing is low impact compared to wakeboarding. And the wave is larger and closer to the boat for surfing. The boat needs to push a pile more ballast at lower speeds compared to wakeboarding.

More people will attempt surfing over wakeboarding due to the nature of the sport. But many do both still.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks for the information. It's on the list to try them both at some point, but none of my friends do it so I've never gotten a chance to try. Nor do I have a wake tower anyways.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Yes it seems like everyone surfs now.

To get the proper surf wake you need to spend tons of money to half sink your boat and then burn as much fuel as possible while not reaching planing speeds and ruining the lake for everyone around you :banghead:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark Get that on a T Shirt, I will buy it.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AZMark Get that on a T Shirt, I will buy it.
Haha I expected something more along the lines of a banned notice from the forum!

Healthy dose of sarcasm in my comment, but it’s kinda crazy what lakes have become. Maybe I’m just jealous that my first full size “premium” boat about gets flipped on its head every week by high schoolers cruising by in daddy’s $200k 25ft Super Air Natique. Maybe...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

To get the proper surf wake you need to spend tons of money to half sink your boat and then burn as much fuel as possible while not reaching planing speeds and ruining the lake for everyone around you :banghead:
OK Boomer. 😂 😂 😂

I mean, you're 100% correct, but don't knock it until you half sink your boat, burn $60 a day, and ruin everyone else's day on the lake, FIRST!

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length

Here, use this:

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
THEM S.O.B.s I was at a Yamaha boat meet last July the weekend of the 19th at the Lake of the Ozarks. I was testing a permanent mounted fordable wake booster style unit I Made. Well we all got to talking while I was checking to see how it was holding up to a few water tests. I found out that one of the guys was a Yamaha REP. Not just any REP but one that checks and see what people are up to on there boats likes/dislikes MODs.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@biffdotorg C'mon man, don't take the fun out of all the conjecture, rumors, strong opinions and anxiety. There are no sports on worth a darn and college football just got cancelled. This is all I got atm. :) Plus I am a die hard Detroit Lions Fan......... ;) I need more in my life.
Was going to say HOCKEY?!?! but then you said Detroit so you’re right you got nothing to watch :p

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Two questions:

Does anyone know why the website lists "Weight" and "Dry Weight on Trailer" as the same number? I'm assuming that Yamaha just isn't counting the trailer weight at this point?

Secondly, the 255X Bimini tops are listed as "Extended" - anyone have an idea what the 252XE Bimini top will look like? Is there an example from the 242 line?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If someone in Michigan gets one of these, I wouldn't mind taking a ride in one on the water. I will fill up the tank and buy lunch :)

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now that doesn’t look safe? Don’t stub your hand there now....

6AEED1A8-68BC-48A5-A3D7-4DF8D18B4BE7.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm so torn... there's a lot I love about it I think if you're going to sit on the rear of the boat the lounges are an upgrade. The step thru is better than what's on my 240, separating it and like they did in the 27' would have ruined it for watersports. I like that the modified the bimini frame for the speakers to be mounted above. I like they're competing with the Scarab and Vortex in power options. We know guys are able to do some insane things with these SVHO engines if you want to set your warranty on fire... Premium fuel, meh. The Drive system I could live without. I like that there's a place for the cooler, even though that cooler is garbage. The little table could be a nice little thing to whip out in a hurry vs the table, but won't necessarily replace the table that's included. Watersports wise, the stock ballast and built-in WakeBooster I'm afraid won't be adequate for my needs on their own. There's plenty of room on top of the lounge for a ballast bag, though it won't get it as far back as the custom bag. That said, am I going to spend $93k to wrestle a external bag...? Ugh! I want to love it... my wife loves it. @jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife, buy one and convince me.

I like that Yamaha took a big swing on the new models. I think they'll be a big deal. At this point, I think I may just enjoy my AR240 for another couple seasons and then make the big decision.

Last edited: