• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255X Pictures

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You guys crying are looking at one leaked video. Wait till after the release before you judge.

This is probably one model in an entire line of 25' hulls. I would expect to see bimini options, swim up seat options, engine options, and color options from a $60K AR250 to this decked out model 255XD at $100K. So be a bit patient till after the release. I feel that Yamaha is going to release a 25' model for just about everyone. Keeping in mind, not every boat is for everybody.

Those bitching about top speed, this boat was not designed for top speed. Like other tow boats, they need the low end grunt to get a couple thousand pounds of ballast moving, not 70mph. If you really wanted top speed, watch for a 255ss model. I doubt that will happen, as these hulls were not designed for 70mph. They are responding to customer demand. Go back and read through the multitudes of wish threads for 2021, heck for 2020!

Those bitching about a full walk through, I said, you will either get a wide beam, or a narrow walk through. They kept it at 8.5'. so the engines had to be close together. That leaves you with a step over. It's still better than the 242! Check out the filler they made for it, it's pretty trick. If you look at the 275, the engines are spread apart to make the walk through. You can't do that on a 8.5' beam. So pick your poison. Walk through, or trailerable.

I think everyone can step back, and have this discussion in a couple days after we have had a chance to dig through all the tech specs that will be released today. The site is going to light up with "I told you so's"

I swear, it's like 10 year olds pissed at their parents after sneaking a peek and finding underwear under the christmas tree the day before christmas, only to find out the new four wheeler was parked out back and not under the tree.
yo. it is fun to speculate and tear down the little info we have. That is why they leaked it, so we would all piss our pants! Now they have an engaged audience for today. Let's see what comes back

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You guys crying are looking at one leaked video. Wait till after the release before you judge.

This is probably one model in an entire line of 25' hulls. I would expect to see bimini options, swim up seat options, engine options, and color options from a $60K AR250 to this decked out model 255XD at $100K. So be a bit patient till after the release. I feel that Yamaha is going to release a 25' model for just about everyone. Keeping in mind, not every boat is for everybody.

Those bitching about top speed, this boat was not designed for top speed. Like other tow boats, they need the low end grunt to get a couple thousand pounds of ballast moving, not 70mph. If you really wanted top speed, watch for a 255ss model. I doubt that will happen, as these hulls were not designed for 70mph. They are responding to customer demand. Go back and read through the multitudes of wish threads for 2021, heck for 2020!

Those bitching about a full walk through, I said, you will either get a wide beam, or a narrow walk through. They kept it at 8.5'. so the engines had to be close together. That leaves you with a step over. It's still better than the 242! Check out the filler they made for it, it's pretty trick. If you look at the 275, the engines are spread apart to make the walk through. You can't do that on a 8.5' beam. So pick your poison. Walk through, or trailerable.

I think everyone can step back, and have this discussion in a couple days after we have had a chance to dig through all the tech specs that will be released today. The site is going to light up with "I told you so's"

I swear, it's like 10 year olds pissed at their parents after sneaking a peek and finding underwear under the christmas tree the day before christmas, only to find out the new four wheeler was parked out back and not under the tree.
Nahhh, we're just monday morning qb'ing it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg C'mon man, don't take the fun out of all the conjecture, rumors, strong opinions and anxiety. There are no sports on worth a darn and college football just got cancelled. This is all I got atm. :) Plus I am a die hard Detroit Lions Fan......... ;) I need more in my life.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a 215XD - has the 12" connect, but also the supercharger motors.
Oooooh!.... sounds enticing!.... looking forward to the reveals today!!!!!!
Not really complaining about the new 255XD.... heck, I could see me loving it after seeing more of it... especially if they have different versions of the 25 footer .... but, hmmmmm, a 215XD might be something to look at!... Cmon 9:00 am (Pacific Time).... LOL!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@biffdotorg C'mon man, don't take the fun out of all the conjecture, rumors, strong opinions and anxiety. There are no sports on worth a darn and college football just got cancelled. This is all I got atm. :) Plus I am a die hard Detroit Lions Fan......... ;) I need more in my life.
OOOF! So you've lived a rough life! hahaha
Them Lions LOVE to tear at your heart!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. I KNOW rough life. Also live in ATL, where we know how to choke in the home stretch.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get it, it get it. Not busting balls. Just laughing when a ton of the requests by owners, Yamaha may just be bringing to the table, just not till this afternoon.

And that 215xd, ya, that may be next year. The trickle down theory is strong with Yamaha.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I get it, it get it. Not busting balls. Just laughing when a ton of the requests by owners, Yamaha may just be bringing to the table, just not till this afternoon.

And that 215xd, ya, that may be next year. The trickle down theory is strong with Yamaha.
The video was up yesterday - its coming today.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m now

The issue with the walk thru is the tall step-up/step down (from the pictures anyway)........part of project development is looking at your competition, industry treads, etc......the Scarab 255 has both a wide walk thru and a lower step-up/step down. Some I/O’s now have a side-walk-thru that is flat or almost flat.....

Is this a dealbreaker for me?? Probably not....but it is a disappointment. This and a couple other elements will certainly have me look closer at option 2 and option 3 then i would have otherwise....

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry if this gets some folks upset- But looking at the new 255 (especially with the supercharged engines) Yamaha has finally built a boat worthy of their MSRP. In general the Yamaha’s looked “cheap” (low quality) versus other boat brands.

The new 255XD looks like a sweet quality boat with 500 hp looks badass..

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Sorry if this gets some folks upset- But looking at the new 255 (especially with the supercharged engines) Yamaha has finally built a boat worthy of their MSRP. In general the Yamaha’s looked “cheap” (low quality) versus other boat brands.

The new 255XD looks like a sweet quality boat with 500 hp looks badass..
I’ll agree with you IF that new push button wakeboost & built-in ballast generates much of a wave......if so, $90k for a 500HP Swiss knife is actually a good value.....although yes I wish it was $80K instead

And the AR250 at just over $60k is a pretty good value in comparison to other 24’-25’ options

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A lot to like about the AR250, IMHO. I wonder if the Head compartment got some added room or bigger dimensions?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boating magazine videos are live again!

SandfleaDDH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I am glad i didn't wait. While I'm sure it will be a great boat, it's far too boxy for my taste. I prefer the curves and lines of the current models.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm amazed at the wake of these boats, and the boat is not listed to one side. Imagine if it had additional ballast. Hats off Yamaha, you did us all proud for 2021

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I don't know. I can't decide if the wake is much bigger or any bigger than what you get with a 242xe. I like some of the new features like more power and power surf gates but wish it had more ballast and what the heck is that table thing behind the drivers seat.