• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 275SD - Update Charts

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
the plotter doesnt display the depth #'s or sonar charts, just depth shading but other than that i find the plotter to work well and be more than adequate for anything you would really do with the type of boats these are. are you not happy with how it functions?
Me?

I solely hate the fact I can't enter coordinates. I tried to meet some people based on their coordinates and could not enter them.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
ahh ok i see. trying to meet or find someone, yes that could be useful. i was thinking you were trying to plot a coarse and wanted to hand type in all the waypoints via gps coordinates. i was thinking, damn thats a little tedious lol.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Me?

I solely hate the fact I can't enter coordinates. I tried to meet some people based on their coordinates and could not enter them.
Some DSC radios can do coordinates/waypoint navigation. Maybe that would be an option in lieu of the Connext nav screen not having that capability? My little handheld Standard Horizon HX870 can do position requests and position reports by MMSI number too. I assume better higher powered DSC radios could do at least as much also.
1631803470140.png
1631803653077.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have the same radio. Alot of features on that thing. Ill admit 90% of which i forgot how to use.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I spent an hour playing with it/going through the manual and could not find a way to enter WayPoints with Coordinates. You can create WayPoints based on your current location but that is useless unless you go back there.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well you can make a way point anywhere you want by just touching the screen on the spot for the point…..unless thats what you meant. Yes i dont think you can type in actual coordinates

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well you can make a way point anywhere you want by just touching the screen on the spot for the point…..unless thats what you meant. Yes i dont think you can type in actual coordinates
Yeah - relatively useless for the middle of the ocean lol.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah - relatively useless for the middle of the ocean lol.
If you're in the middle of the ocean in a 275 you need to worry about more than waypoints!
🤣
Seriously though, I drop waypoints for places I want to go back to later. And even without coordinates to enter, your phone can pinpoint a coordinate for you and you simply zoom in and drop a waypoint at that location, no?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you're in the middle of the ocean in a 275 you need to worry about more than waypoints!
🤣
Seriously though, I drop waypoints for places I want to go back to later. And even without coordinates to enter, your phone can pinpoint a coordinate for you and you simply zoom in and drop a waypoint at that location, no?
We were in the gulf a few miles out. Cell service was in and out. Tried to meet some people at set coordinates but couldn’t enter them. This should be the number one feature of any navigation.